Chrysler sales DOWN 8%

Corrected your title for continuity. Chrysler is down 8% year-over-year. Them being up 10% from February is...well...meaningless. Whew.

Chrysler is still in a world of hurt. They sold less than 7000 total midsize sedans. Ram was down while all the other fullsize trucks were up. The public has completely lost faith in this company.

Corrected your title for continuity. Chrysler is down 8% year-over-year. Them being up 10% from February is...well...meaningless. Whew.

Chrysler is still in a world of hurt. They sold less than 7000 total midsize sedans. Ram was down while all the other fullsize trucks were up. The public has completely lost faith in this company.

You swine Nick LOL

You steal poor ole Mopars one moment of good news one little flicker of hope they have had in donkeys years one shining moment, you hard-nosed bastard Nickhysterical.gif

If Chrysler would have out of business. How many of their customer will come to buy Ford car?

Ford wont bend over on price to the rental companies, so not many on the cars.

On the truck front, I could see Ford getting 40-50% of pickup sales.

Jeep won't die. FIAT will keep that unit around.

A friend of mine has moved to Greece and shes an avid car buff. She says that bringing the 500 to America will not work. She says the car is way too small and underpowered to be recognized as a serious contender (in her words "shitbox") in this country. I believe her. I don't expect Fiats surge into America will amount to a hill of beans. At the end of the day, I believe Chrysler will go under taking with it many of Fiats dollars. The exception will be Jeep which will soldier on as a Fiat company.

The exception will be Jeep which will soldier on as a Fiat company.

I find it ironic that Jeep, which was one of the tools used to defeat the Axis powers in WWII, has been owned by 2 of the 3 Axis powers (Germany & Italy). If Fiat fails with Chrysler, is it possible that Jeep could be purchased by a Japanese company making it a trifecta?

I don't see this much pissing on Chrysler on GM sites, car news sites, other Ford sites or even import sites, damn..... .

How are we pissing?? Chrysler simply hasn't shown any fortitude at all with regard to a turn around plan much the way GM hasn't. I don't believe there are people capable of turning around either organization working there currently. If they showed some good product plans or direction, even a hint perhaps there would be a chance. I've seen nothing.

How are we pissing?? Chrysler simply hasn't shown any fortitude at all with regard to a turn around plan much the way GM hasn't. I don't believe there are people capable of turning around either organization working there currently. If they showed some good product plans or direction, even a hint perhaps there would be a chance. I've seen nothing.

Personally, I was very high on Chrysler when I first started getting into cars. My brother and I had plenty of seat time behind the old Grand Cherokee and overall I was very pleased with the styling direction they were taking headed into the mid-late 90's. As you said though, more recently, they haven't shown anybody anything that would offer even a glimmer of hope that they can right this ship before it's all too late. I would love to see Chrysler succeed, but if they are going to be this utterly worthless, they should just go away and not drag down the image of the other domestic automakers that are showing signs of progress (particularly Ford).

A friend of mine has moved to Greece and shes an avid car buff. She says that bringing the 500 to America will not work. She says the car is way too small and underpowered to be recognized as a serious contender (in her words "shitbox") in this country. I believe her. I don't expect Fiats surge into America will amount to a hill of beans. At the end of the day, I believe Chrysler will go under taking with it many of Fiats dollars. The exception will be Jeep which will soldier on as a Fiat company.

http://www.thegreencarwebsite.co.uk/blog/index.php/2008/08/20/fiat-500-scoops-another-major-industry/

"The award-winning Fiat 500 is currently Car of the Year 2008 and has won a host of other accolades including CAR Magazine Car of the Year, Fifth Gear SmallCar of the Year, EuroCarBody 2007 and Auto Europa 2008."

I don't know if I believe what she says.............or what many others in the European Press say! True it may not be the best car for going from Montana to South Dakota, but for a city car it hits the mark. And the population of the US is concentrated on both coasts.

USpop19901.gif

But, even allowing that, how many metros even remotely resemble EU metro areas? NYC roads are full of fullsize cars, SUVs, and commercial trucks. There are maybe a half dozen neighborhoods from San Diego to Bangor where the Fiat would look normal, where it would be practical.

Shoot. It's not like you'll pay less to park a Fiat in Manhattan than you would pay to park a Fusion or a Town Car.

The incredibly tiny 500 will be small on every freeway from coast to coast, and the number of urban residents that drive exclusively on low speed surface streets is not big enough to support the 500.

Will it sell better than the Smart? Yes. Will it outsell the Mini? I doubt it. Maybe, depending on the size of the distribution network, -maybe-.

Even where US population density approaches EU levels, it's far more car friendly.

Edited by RichardJensen

I don't see this much pissing on Chrysler on GM sites, car news sites, other Ford sites or even import sites, damn..... .

With all due respect, the GM fans kind of have their hands full trying to put a happy face on GM's current condition to be pissing on Chrysler. We have lots of time for that since we are not consumed with hand ringing around here. OTOH, kicking Chrysler isn't nearly as much fun as pissing all over Toyota.

Wow more mis-facts. Ford never been duped and raided by Benz-over nor atempted to be sold off in pieces by Cerebus like Chrysler had. Plus look at Chryslers 5 year plan ( http://www.allpar.com/corporate/chrysler-group/five-year-plan.html ) 9 new and updaded cars and trucks will hit the road by January alone.

Chrysler isn't nearly as much fun as pissing all over Toyota.

Well yea that is fun.....

Look, FGTS, if you don't like what goes on here, then leave.

Don't cry about how people are beating up on poor lil ol' Chrysler, because, frankly, Chrysler was a disaster waiting to happen when Daimler bought them, and they've been going down hill ever since.

If other people are saying that Chrysler is irrelevant, that nobody cares about Chrysler, that they're off customer consideration lists, well what do you have to prove otherwise?

If you want us all to yammer about how Chrysler is going to get it turned around, well, sorry. That's not going to happen.

If you want unfounded optimism and willful blindness to history and reality, go to Allpar.

OTOH, kicking Chrysler isn't nearly as much fun as pissing all over Toyota.

Nah, pissing on Chrysler is more fun. Our collective efforts are more likely in the case of Chrysler to chase the company into oblivion (not that Chrysler needs any help in that regard). :hysterical:

Chrysler and GM are not the same predicament at all. GM has plenty of new products here or on the way. They have shed most of their outstanding debt and surplus brands. They will be a strong competitor in the years ahead. Chrysler, on the other hand...

What is up with people pissing on Chrysler? If they fail it puts the whole industry and the State of Michigan further behind. Well duh, there is a reason why Chrysler/Fiat isn’t showing any new product. They were left with nothing in the product pipeline from Cerberus and even Daimler.

In regards to Chrysler not being vocal about their “turn around”, hasn’t Marchionne said this many times? Chrysler is working on updating their current and future line up and hence no need to have media days at the auto shows until new product is available to show case. To be successful they do need to find a way to market their current "aging" line up until the new vehicles come. Also they badly need to make it known to all they are out of bankruptcy court. Not enough has been done about this so far.

I Have ties to all of the "big 3” I grew up a ford guy and still bleed blue. But, just remember this, not too long ago Ford was in the dumps and everyone thought Ford was about to go under. I'm not saying Fiat will get it right and make Chrysler "THE” American car company, but I am willing to wait and judge until the updates and next generation vehicles roll out. Until then, I will be mute and hope Chrysler goes get it , for the state of Michigan and the Auto industry.

Edgeoffroad04

I don't know what people expect on a Ford site, all I know is Ford got in and started fixing itself back in 2006. Back then all the GM and Chrysler fans were laughing at them, thought they were a joke and would go broke making them selves smaller, but since those two went bust, all the laughing has stopped and Ford fans are a bunch of you know whats....

Sorry guys, but the shoe is on the other foot now...

Look, FGTS, if you don't like what goes on here, then leave

Man did a Caravan ran-over your kid's puppy?, whatever dude. This is a Ford site?, thought this was an Yugo site... :shades:

I like all 3 U.S. manufactuers, nothing wrong with leanin to all 3 US makes but i guess that's the culture around here so i leave that alone but i will state my opinon about it.

Look, FGTS, if you don't like what goes on here, then leave

Man did a Caravan ran-over your kid's puppy?, whatever dude. This is a Ford site?, thought this was an Yugo site... :shades:

I like all 3 U.S. manufactuers, nothing wrong with leanin to all 3 US makes but i guess that's the culture around here so i leave that alone but i will state my opinon about it.

And all I'm saying is, if you don't like what goes on here, you can while away your happy hours elsewhere.

In short: Don't whine.