Honda Ridgeline going bye bye?

AGR

I am shocked. I don't understand why more people didn't want a minivan dressed up in hideous, faux pickup clothes, that gets only slightly better MPGs than a fullsize Ford or Chevy pickup, but with much lower towing and hauling capabilities...

LINK

Edited by AGR

Do they really have that many buyers though? If I recall, their market share is still only around the size of Chrysler's.

difference is, they make money.

If they want to be as big as GM or Toyota, that means sacrificing quality, putting cash on the hood, etc

Big Al would be happy to be small and profitable. Oh wait. He's already doing that.

This comment says it all I think.

"Why are they posting this on pickuptrucks.com? The Ridgeline isn't even a truck.

Posted by: Tim | Apr 9, 2010 5:41:25 PM"

really? why not?

what makes a truck?

is it because inbred hicks don't drive it?

is it because the Ridgeline drivers don't have a Peterbilt belt buckle and spit chaw on the sidewalk?

Is it because you never see one with a Confederate flag in the back window?

Seriously. Why is it not a truck?

Edited by J-150

really? why not?

what makes a truck?

is it because the Ridgeline drivers don't have a Peterbilt belt buckle and spit chaw on the sidewalk?

It's a truck. In the same vein as the Ranger and Tacoma. But it shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the F-series, Silverado, or Ram.

It's a truck. In the same vein as the Ranger and Tacoma. But it shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the F-series, Silverado, or Ram.

No one said it should.

But it is still a truck and still a pickup.

Contrary to what some rednecks like to think.

I think the idea of the Ridgeline was a good one. It's just the execution that was uncompetitive. If they could have made it a little less costly and slight more fule efficient, it could have been a hit.

Edited by J-150

We all knew this time was coming, just took longer than expected.

Well, I wouldn't compare it to the Ranger or Taco myself. Personally I'd compare it more to the Sport Trac.

Eh, I suppose. It's still a yuppiemobile though. Good riddance.

dont be surprized if ford doesnt adress this market...no BOF, slightly smaller than the ridgeline, better developed, BUT ( and this I beleive was Hondas GRAVE mistake ) RWD based and not solely avail in AWD.....dont poo poo unibody....one only has to look at the 40 mph 8 inch curbhopping Taurus PI....hmmm F100 anyone? small eco engine with moderate off road potential....6.5 ft bed....

dont be surprized if ford doesnt adress this market...no BOF, slightly smaller than the ridgeline, better developed, BUT ( and this I beleive was Hondas GRAVE mistake ) RWD based and not solely avail in AWD.....dont poo poo unibody....one only has to look at the 40 mph 8 inch curbhopping Taurus PI....hmmm F100 anyone? small eco engine with moderate off road potential....6.5 ft bed....

I really hope not. I was never a fan of Rancheros or El Caminos.

I really hope not. I was never a fan of Rancheros or El Caminos.

I was BIG time, but it wont be along those lines I wouldnt think, taller with 3 cab iterations...and lets face it, they NEED a Ranger replacement, more refined, better drivetrains, mileage and NVH...and perhaps a tad larger....

I was BIG time, but it wont be along those lines I wouldnt think, taller with 3 cab iterations...and lets face it, they NEED a Ranger replacement, more refined, better drivetrains, mileage and NVH...and perhaps a tad larger....

Yes. They need a Ranger replacement. Replace it with another Ranger, not some psuedo truck with awkward unit body style/functionality limitations.

really? why not?

what makes a truck?

Because it's not too far removed from being based on the Odyssey minivan and suffers in capability accordingly?

I was never a fan of Rancheros or El Caminos.

I was

I also liked the Ranchero / El Camino idea(s), obviously not going to match the payload or towing capacity of a full sized pickup but big enough box to carry quite a bit when needed.

I also liked the Ranchero / El Camino idea(s), obviously not going to match the payload or towing capacity of a full sized pickup but big enough box to carry quite a bit when needed.

exactly...but if they did how hard would it be to trump the current Rangers 18mpg 4.0V6 5900lb MAX towing 207hp and 238ft lbs..with antiquated driving dynamics cramped interior and buckboard ride?..

Nick...do you really think Ford would follow even the slightest inkling of hondas lead?.......

Look at any other "pickup" with an integraded bed. It's not just honda. The Avalanche has those goofy support bars, as did the Subaru Baja. Though less noticable, both the Holden and Falcon Utes also have an awkwardly angled bedside.