The idiocy of a compact Lincoln

Did I say that?

Can somebody please read my past posts to him?

Your saying that whatever Ford sells in the US, has to be built in the US. If they did that, there would not be enough money to invest in other countries for they would be spending it on the higher costs that it takes to build cars in the US. Not only that, it wouldnt be profitable to send the products to other nations in large numbers.

Your saying that whatever Ford sells in the US, has to be built in the US. If they did that, there would not be enough money to invest in other countries for they would be spending it on the higher costs that it takes to build cars in the US. Not only that, it wouldnt be profitable to send the products to other nations in large numbers.

Look, IIRC you are either still in high school or college. If it's the latter, you should ask for your money back. Your reading comprehension is sub-par.

I would like to continue this conversation, but I have to get ready to go to work. Have to provide for multi-millionaire UAW slave masters, ya know. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Pioneer

Look, IIRC you are either still in high school or college. If it's the latter, you should ask for your money back. Your reading comprehension is sub-par.

I would like to continue this conversation, but I have to get ready to go to work. Have to provide for multi-millionaire UAW slave masters, ya know. rolleyes.gif

Fine but anyone with a brain could tell you that if we did it your way, Ford would go BK and your job would be gone. You cant build everything here and you need to accept that for it makes no economical sense. This isnt the 50s anymore.

So your saying Ford could produce the Fiesta in the US at a profit? And then export to South America with a $5k tax added on at a profit?

If everyone selling to the US market were held to the same standard - if every vehicle people cross-shop with the Fiesta had to be made here as well - they would all see the same increase in labor and materials cost, and thus....

... they would all go out of business together hysterical.gif

Pioneer, how does the US importing 9 million barrels of crude oil a day fit into your isolationist plan?

Pioneer, how does the US importing 9 million barrels of crude oil a day fit into your isolationist plan?

Well, since Canada is the 51st state, their oil resources combined with gasification of our limitless amounts of coal would provide energy independence. Taking Canada out of the equation, by building more nuclear/coal power plants and mandating that 80% of new vehicles be pure electric, we could achieve independence in the matter of years.

We could have energy independence tomorrow if the greenies would just admit that global warming is a farce. ;)

Wouldnt it be nice to have that in your checking account instead of Gettelfinger's?

I'd have more money in my check every week if we took all the executive perks, bonuses and excessive compensation and divided it up among the blue collar workers.

I'd have more money in my check every week if we took all the executive perks, bonuses and excessive compensation and divided it up among the blue collar workers.

Not much more. 40k blue collar workers = 80,000,000 hours per year of work. Take $1.5M of Mulally's $2M salary and divide that up, and you've got $.02 per hour. $37.50 per year.

That's it.

You wouldn't have it for long. All the good executives would leave and the company would be a leaderless disaster.

I know you don't like it, but that's the way jobs and compensation works in the REAL world.

The MKC & CC projections are incredibly unreasonable.

You're not going to sell close to 1,000 convertibles a month. Forget it. Not gonna happen. I doubt Ford sells that many MUSTANG convertibles a month. Half that number, TOPS.

And for the MKC? If it's that ugly Pacerish piece of crap, selling in the high $20s, you can forget 30k. 2,500 of THEM a month? TRIPLE the volume of 'trollmobile' sales (A3/C30)? Saying the MKC will immediately grab 75% of the market for hideous and tiny cars-----also NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Unreasonable, In your opinion.

I don't think it is unreasonable at all.

the MKC will be only 3 inches shorter than the best selling 3 series. Remember RICHARD THOUGHT THE 500 STYLING WAS A WINNER AND WOULD TAKE OVER THE WORLD. WRONG BEFORE COULD BE WRONGABOUT THE MKc.

the convertible could be built along side the Focus convertible in Europe or here in the US and exported.

1) It will still be ugly enough to make a train take a dirt road

2) You're projecting that it will sell at 3x the rate of the combined total of luxury trollmobiles.

3) It's not a BMW.

So the only reason why you think it wont sell is that you think it ugly...well who says all others agree with that.

It's ugly and it's a Lincoln. Reread the title of the topic.

I keep coming back to the question of whether Ford has any solid market research to back up

a vehicle like MKC or is this a directive from Executives keen to change Lincoln's appearance

as an old guy's car company by adding something extremely outrageous and quirky?

I could understand a modified Escape/Kuga but I think the MKC is dangerous because

it could alienate Lincoln's existing buyer base and not bring any significant sales increase.

I would rather see a new Aviator on D3 Explorer than a wanna be Mini.....

I don't think it will alienate existing buyers, I think it will not cover costs and be an embarrassing failure.

Just to clarify, "Alienate" was a poor choice of words, "ignore" would be better.

So if existing buyers ignore it and it fails to attract new buyers, the thing is then a failure.

Ford has so many products to chose from, why didn't they pick

something with much better prospects as a Lincoln.

Edited by jpd80

Just to clarify, "Alienate" was a poor choice of words, "ignore" would be better.

Yep. That's the ticket. It won't bring in new buyers, and it won't move the needle with existing buyers and will end up being an expensive dud. A joke car. A thing with which GM and propeller fans (in their 25+ year old propeller-mobiles) will taunt Ford fans and little else.

So if existing buyers ignore it and it fails to attract new buyers, the thing is then a failure.

Maybe in the back or your mind, you simply misspelled "Allante"?

I am trying to figure out what you guys are talking about, is the MKC going to tbe like the C concept or just a sedan?

Nobody knows. This is just sheer BON speculation and resulting arguments about said speculation.

The only thing we know for sure is that Lincoln gets a "C segment vehicle".

I am trying to figure out what you guys are talking about, is the MKC going to tbe like the C concept or just a sedan?

Nobody outside Ford knows--or if they do, they ain't talkin'.

My opinion is that the Concept C represents the least likely path to success for Lincoln, followed by a C segment sedan, with a C segment CUV representing a real opportunity in the market.