MPG over emphasis

Are you suggesting that it may have been an intentional substitution to imply that Mulally is gay and wants to make Ford effeminate?

Big Al's the main MAN he used to be a rock star before he became famous as CEO at Ford not a lotta people know that he used to play a mean lead guitar.

Big Al wants a global vehicle line-up that Ford can sell to the rest of the world not an expensive development insular car that sells just to North America like Boeings Mercedes, BMW etc 747's are not sold just in the USA the Airbus A380 is not sold just in Europe. One car fits all markets keeps development costs down in the future.

We get no Stang cake in Europe how would you feel if it happened to you, gotta say l am fed up Mundane meals you get from FOE.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Thought this might be worth adding....

Mustang pumps up the power

1. I never said MPG wasn't important. I said I would have preferred more emphasis on its performance because its a performance car. The performance was barely mentioned (at least from a text standpoint).

2. The quote doesn't make sense. They compare a V8 RWD $30k+ vehicle to a 4-banger/V6 FWD that cost mid $20k? What does that prove?

PS:

4x4 wannabe.... there is no factual evidence in that post. So there was nothing to 'confuse me' with. I gave my opinion....and my reasons. Your certainly entitled to disagree. Argue your point...but keep the rhetoric at home please.

Final note:

I don't see why there is so much animosity towards me...just because I might argue you a point you don't agree with. I don't bash Ford. I don't hate Ford. I own a Ford. I've own two of their cars in my lifetime. I encourage my family and friends to evaluate their products and incorporate them into their buying decisions. Just because I might not agree with the direction the company is going sometimes doesn't mean I don't support the company as a whole.

Other people are free to express their ideas on this forum....about what they like and don't like. But when I do it...suddenly my race gets called into question. My maturity. My background. Its an attack on me..not my stance. Arguing points in one thing...but it seems some people are not given the fair shake of doing that. Suddenly its an attack on them...and not their opinion. I can see if I was a person who came on this board to only post negative comments, only bash Ford. I don't do that. I might give my opinion..sure. But I don't bash the company. I support the company. But still...I have to put up with pointless attacks on my character...just because its something to do.

I've grown tired of it. Can an admin please close this thread. I'd appreciate it if I just died and went away.

Edited by morgande

Other people are free to express their ideas on this forum....about what they like and don't like. But when I do it...suddenly my race gets called into question. My maturity. My background. Its an attack on me..not my stance.

I didn't see any personal attacks on you that were not spurred on by something you said. I certainly didn't see any racial attacks.

1. I never said MPG wasn't important. I said I would have preferred more emphasis on its performance because its a performance car. The performance was barely mentioned (at least from a text standpoint).

I didn't post the article to make you look bad or stupid or anything. I was merely trying to present Ford's perspective, which is....

"But Ford research revealed that the No. 1 reason buyers turned down this pony car in favor of perfunctory mules such as the Nissan Altima or Honda Accord was fuel economy, not the Mustang's $32,845 base price...."

2. The quote doesn't make sense. They compare a V8 RWD $30k+ vehicle to a 4-banger/V6 FWD that cost mid $20k? What does that prove?

It proves that Ford believes the customer is always right (even if he's not). They're trying to address the "No. 1 reason buyers turned down this pony car", and that's all (I see) there is to it.

You buy a Mustang for your own reasons, and another doesn't for his. Ford would like to sell a Mustang to both of you.

Mustang sales split is traditionally split 50/50 between V6 and V8 markets

where as Camaro is definitely around 80/20 in favor of V8 buyers, that's an

important difference in marketing and advertising. The cars don't play to the

exact same pool of buyers so here's my take on answering your two points...

1. I bet Ford worked hard to get their port injected 3.7 V6 to edge out

the Camaro's 3.6 SIDI by 2 mpg. That cements the V6 Mustang in buyers

minds as the car with leading fuel economy.

2. Recently Ford said the biggest decider for people not choosing a

V6 Mustang and going for another vehicle was FUEL ECONOMY.

I'm betting those buyers are going over to I-4 vehicles like you mentioned.....

3. Ford is looking at securing as many V6 sales as possible and by

targeting the fuel efficiency side of the equation, they hope to

make I-4 cross shoppers think again. At around $22,000 the

V6 Mustang offers the style of the V8 and enough performance

and fuel economy to keep a lot of I-4 buyers very happy.

Hope that makes some sense..:)

Edited by jpd80

Mustang sales split is traditionally split 50/50 between V6 and V8 markets

where as Camaro is definitely around 80/20 in favor of V8 buyers

I don't think that's correct at all. I'm betting the V6 is substantially better selling than the V8 in both models - it certainly was that way in the past.

I don't think that's correct at all. I'm betting the V6 is substantially better selling than the V8 in both models - it certainly was that way in the past.

I'm seem to remember reading somewhere that traditionally it was a 67%/33% split of V6 to V8. In 2005 that was skewed to 50/50 due to everyone wanting the new body with the 300HP V8.

4x4 wannabe....

Wow, aren't you a comedian. Let me ask you a question................. how many 4wd vehicles have you personally built, and how much extreme 4wheeling have you done??

I can give you my answer. Many, on the personally built and assisted in building. As to the extreme 4wheeling.................. let me just say that was my LIFE, for many, many years. All of the extreme rockcrawling that you see in the magazines, I was doing. My vehicle has been in numerous magazines, and I have written quite a few articles on different modifications, both in print, and on the internet.

Thus, before you want to make fun of someones ID, do your due diligence, or refrain from doing so at all. Otherwise, you look foolish.

Now, you can go back to complaining about fuel economy being emphasized..................... you know, since noone cares about that.

Edited by Extreme4x4
  • Like 1

Wow, aren't you a comedian. Let me ask you a question................. how many 4wd vehicles have you personally built, and how much extreme 4wheeling have you done??

I can give you my answer. Many, on the personally built and assisted in building. As to the extreme 4wheeling.................. let me just say that was my LIFE, for many, many years. All of the extreme rockcrawling that you see in the magazines, I was doing. My vehicle has been in numerous magazines, and I have written quite a few articles on different modifications, both in print, and on the internet.

Thus, before you want to make fun of someones ID, do your due diligence, or refrain from doing so at all. Otherwise, you look foolish.

Now, you can go back to complaining about fuel economy being emphasized..................... you know, since noone cares about that.

:ohsnap:

You got punk'd..... Again!

You go, girl!!! :)

SEXIST!.........lol..............Morgande, I PEE on your race card...overused and PATHETIC cop out, keep it to youself, only people that feel the world owes them something bring those to the table...PATHETIC! and doesnt assist your points or argument in the slightest....the "card" lost its leverage decades ago....

Mustang is traditionally 50/50 sales split between V6/V8 buyers, it been that way

for decades until recently when the V8s went off the boil waiting for the Coyote.

OK, I'm going off pevious article I've read on line over the years but even if you say that the recent

split is 50/50 or 55/45 in favor of the V6, that tells you those V6 sales are important to Ford.

The competitor is different with V6, they are bleeding sales to the I-4 ricer market,

something Ford thinks it is addressing with the potent and fuel efficient Duratec 37.

Edit,

Sorry fellas, yes I am wrong and it looks like 65/35 to the V6.

Total Production (I suspect Canada + USA sales)

2005 Mustang - 160,412 (GT = 60,792 & V6 = 99,620) (approx. 65/35 to V6)

2007 Mustang - 158,180 (GT = 71,248 & V6 = 86,932) ( Approx. 55/45 to V6)

Edited by jpd80

All hail Queen Gloria! :drool: