My 5.0 Has Arrived!!!!

Automatics used to be hampered by having a lower amount of gears than their manual counterparts, plus they had slower shifts and sloppier logic. Now that they shift faster and have as more gears to play with, the playing field is tilting in their favor.

Yeah. I do like to drive stick but I don't miss the 6 speed stick from My G35 at all. The paddles and decent programming make the best of both worlds - I can "shift" when I want or let the car decide.

I think Ford did the black for a reason.........it makes the lower portion "disappear" and it looks lighter/smaller. Silver will high light it. That may be OK too........................

LOVE the red interior!

The silver will look pretty cool, too, I think.

Are you kidding with this (and the rude comment on the photo)? While styling is subjective (I prefer the 05-09 Mustang rear) this is someone's new car. Show some tact.

As for the gap it's probably just shot at a bad angle. I've never noticed it on any other 10 Mustang.

its not a gap....

I like the silver (great job Timmm)...imagine how it would look on a black car.

Timmm, you think you can whip out the "colors" and color one like that? :)

The siver does look cool, but it does increase the visual height of the car. As for the grill surround I think I would prefer that painted body color.. The important thing is that the changes made it unique and thats (almost always) good. Good luck with it, I am jealous, two kids are using all my Mustang money to eat and play sports!

The siver does look cool, but it does increase the visual height of the car. As for the grill surround I think I would prefer that painted body color.. The important thing is that the changes made it unique and thats (almost always) good. Good luck with it, I am jealous, two kids are using all my Mustang money to eat and play sports!

no big deal with the kids if your last name is James, Bryant, Pacquio or Rodriguez......

I like the silver (great job Timmm)...imagine how it would look on a black car.

Timmm, you think you can whip out the "colors" and color one like that? :)

I was thinking the same thing.............

post-19198-12766457554502_thumb.jpg

Edited by timmm55

I think Ford did the black for a reason.........it makes the lower portion "disappear" and it looks lighter/smaller. Silver will high light it. That may be OK too........................

LOVE the red interior!

When did you get pics of my Painted CAR!!! (They body shop told me it was not painted yet) :hysterical:

Nice edit, I do think that my silver will be a little darker. Will know for sure by Thurdsay... :stats:

I wanted Red Candy, but they dropped that availability of that with Red Interior. I wanted the Red Interior more than Red Candy. :hyper:

slushbox. put your foot down slight delay....stick shift instantaneous.....the 6 speed manual ROCKS.....

That's why I love the paddle shifters. Pop it in M and I get the same thing as a 6 speed for those times I'm thinking ahead of the computer. When I don't want to be bothered I just leave it in D.

That being said I'd love to have a stick car but not as a daily driver again... I must be getting older :(

That's why I love the paddle shifters. Pop it in M and I get the same thing as a 6 speed for those times I'm thinking ahead of the computer. When I don't want to be bothered I just leave it in D.

That being said I'd love to have a stick car but not as a daily driver again... I must be getting older :(

I've never really liked any car that I've driven with paddle shifters. Maybe I just haven't driven a good one yet.

Yeah I know, most on this forum probably are not fans of the Slush Box, but , I just want to enjoy driving it, have had a couple of manuls in the past (Not Mustang), just get tired of shifting.

I am getting all of the lower black plastic painted, and the upper grill surround painted. Talked to them about the mirrors, but decided to leave them alone. The paint they are using is a textured paint similar to a bed liner. They are hoping it will hold up better than regular paint. I think it will be just fine. They will also install the Black Billiet grill inserts (Upper and Lower) that I bought from American Muscle.. :happy feet:

It is going to look Swee!!!, Pics soon to follow...

No appoligies needed - 90% of the time the 6A is going to be quicker with allot less effort...manuals are great when you are in the mood for that extra level of control, but can be a PITA (crude) otherwise.

Looks Great!

No appoligies needed - 90% of the time the 6A is going to be quicker with allot less effort...manuals are great when you are in the mood for that extra level of control, but can be a PITA (crude) otherwise.

Looks Great!

sorry to dis-agree, and Ive driven em back to back.....the manual is way more responsive to throttle input, there is NO comparison.....pain in the ass in bumper to bumper but the response in instantaneous.....

sorry to dis-agree, and Ive driven em back to back.....the manual is way more responsive to throttle input, there is NO comparison.....pain in the ass in bumper to bumper but the response in instantaneous.....

I won't disagree with your feelings. Manual transmissions always feel more responsive because the driver is more connected. IMHO automatics get the nod over manuals in WOT.......especially with 400+ HP. Most people simply can't power shift faster than the new automatics.......just leave it on "D". . Here the only throttle response lapse is a nano second at the start of the quarter mile. On a road course the maual will probably still have an advantage simply by being in the right gear at the right time.....assuming the driver is smart enough. Automatics aren't that smart usually.

I won't disagree with your feelings. Manual transmissions always feel more responsive because the driver is more connected. IMHO automatics get the nod over manuals in WOT.......especially with 400+ HP. Most people simply can't power shift faster than the new automatics.......just leave it on "D". . Here the only throttle response lapse is a nano second at the start of the quarter mile. On a road course the maual will probably still have an advantage simply by being in the right gear at the right time.....assuming the driver is smart enough. Automatics aren't that smart usually.

as much as i enjoyed the 5.0 with an Auto, I found it extremely annoying punching the throttle for a kickdown and the seemingly endless wait for it to happen, the downshift on the stick even when doubling the clutch was markedly quicker...then again, i'm a die hard stick shift boy, throttle off after a downshift, the popping and overrun are music to my ears, and being able to keep the engine "on song" by being in the right gear at the right time is invaluable...that and due to using engine braking my brakes last a LONG time....I'm a Manual man...

Thats too bad - love the dual mode steptronic in my 135i very intuitive and responsive- 5 seconds flat to 60 (G-meter). Still doe not have the nth degree when its a real tight situation v. a manual but stellar otherwise.

What's up with the Mustang 5.0 manual trans coming from China? Tell me that isn't so. The sticker on window says trans made in China. Never thought I'd see the day that primary part on Mustang comes from fricking China. Maybe a Focus, but not a Mustang.

as much as i enjoyed the 5.0 with an Auto, I found it extremely annoying punching the throttle for a kickdown and the seemingly endless wait for it to happen, the downshift on the stick even when doubling the clutch was markedly quicker...then again, i'm a die hard stick shift boy, throttle off after a downshift, the popping and overrun are music to my ears, and being able to keep the engine "on song" by being in the right gear at the right time is invaluable...that and due to using engine braking my brakes last a LONG time....I'm a Manual man...

I agree. Getting a Mustang with an automatic is like drinking water with a fine dining French meal. Somehow Steven McQueen in his Bullit Mustang with an automatic would be very lame.

I agree. Getting a Mustang with an automatic is like drinking water with a fine dining French meal. Somehow Steven McQueen in his Bullit Mustang with an automatic would be very lame.

While in France on business I have found that there is always two bottles of water on the table, with and without carbonation