Ipod out.. when will ford use this?

Highly unlikely seeing as most of the Sync software is licensed from Microsoft.

How about a Kin or Zune integration ?

Ford has already announced this feature for smart phones where applications can interact with the infotainment system. Apple won't allow the interface until Ford adopts the apple authentication chip as Richard mentioned. It's an Apple limitation, not Microsoft or Sync. Meanwhile it will work with other smart phone apps - not just Apple. That makes the Sync version more flexible.

Highly unlikely seeing as most of the Sync software is licensed from Microsoft.

How about a Kin or Zune integration ?

Kin got killed off less then 60 days on the market....plus it really never had much of a future with the Windows 7 Smart Phones coming out....

Ford has already announced this feature for smart phones where applications can interact with the infotainment system. Apple won't allow the interface until Ford adopts the apple authentication chip as Richard mentioned. It's an Apple limitation, not Microsoft or Sync. Meanwhile it will work with other smart phone apps - not just Apple. That makes the Sync version more flexible.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=32471

Well they need to do something, because the iPhone and SYNC's lack of 'cooperation' is getting worse.....with the new 4OS (on my 3G), it's even more difficult to get the thing to play music via the USB port (my preferred method, as I can use the steering wheel/center stack buttons to control the songs). Half the time I can't even get the thing to work anymore and am forced to use bluetooth audio which drains the battery extremely quickly and as mentioned doesn't let me use the car to control the music.

Well they need to do something, because the iPhone and SYNC's lack of 'cooperation' is getting worse.....with the new 4OS (on my 3G), it's even more difficult to get the thing to play music via the USB port (my preferred method, as I can use the steering wheel/center stack buttons to control the songs). Half the time I can't even get the thing to work anymore and am forced to use bluetooth audio which drains the battery extremely quickly and as mentioned doesn't let me use the car to control the music.

SSSHHHH.... You're not supposed to say anything negative about SYNC on BON,

BTW1: The next version of iOS (4.1) should support steering wheel controls over BT.

BTW2: My iPhone 4 has been working better with SYNC than my 3G (I'm not convinced that it isn't a fluke, but it seems to remember to switch to dock connector on it's own when connected.)

BTW3: Ford has acknowledged the volume issue I have with a TSB, which basically says yeah, it doesn't work right, but that's how we meant for it to not work right.

BTW1: The next version of iOS (4.1) should support steering wheel controls over BT.

BTW2: My iPhone 4 has been working better with SYNC than my 3G (I'm not convinced that it isn't a fluke, but it seems to remember to switch to dock connector on it's own when connected.)

BTW3: Ford has acknowledged the volume issue I have with a TSB, which basically says yeah, it doesn't work right, but that's how we meant for it to not work right.

Because Apple is not at all to blame for your problems. They are perfect. Also, it's your fault that their antenna design sucks.

Well good to know that the newest OS will fix that if true.

I'm not very pleased with the OS4 on my 3G - it's slower and freezes up all the time. That probably is part of the problem with the USB connection issue I'm having - the phone isn't even registering that it's been connected to a USB port (it will be charging, but won't read it's connected to a 'dock connector').

Because Apple is not at all to blame for your problems. They are perfect. Also, it's your fault that their antenna design sucks.

Apple infiltrated Ford and made SYNC not work right with Android and Blackberry phones as well?

Is Apple perfect, heck no (While I do not have the antenna issue on my 4, their handling of it has been laughably poor, and while I own a Macbook I hate OSX with a passion), but the majority of the issues that I have with SYNC affect users of phones from multiple manufacturers. My biggest issue is the volume of the voice prompts in relation to the bluetooth volume. Until iOS 4 it was the biggest topic on syncmyride.com and affects users of multiple devices. Ford has issued a TSB on the issue which essentially tells dealers to tell customers to pound sand.

Define 'work right'.

On non-nav equipped vehicles with SYNC, the volume of the voice prompt is tied to the volume of the bluetooth hands-free volume. The volume of the voice prompt is easily 2x that of the hands-free when the hands-free volume is pegged on the phone. You either need to live with the voice prompts being painfully loud so you can hear your callers, put up with not being able to hear your callers so that your ears don't burst from the voice prompts, or constantly adjust the volume to adjust for the difference in sound.

Mmmmm my daughter would want a BMW if she saw this she loves her i-pod maybe not so good.

Apple have sold 100's of millions of i-pods it must be the worlds best selling most popular MP3 player, BMW are onto a winner for sure it might just sway your decision if you have narrowed your final new car choice down to two cars one has it one does not the winner is BMW.

Would not ever buy a BMW but would love to see it fitted or offered in a Ford, Ford/Apple two of my own personal favorite companies in the world it would be a marriage made in heaven.

On non-nav equipped vehicles with SYNC.....

I am -thoroughly- well acquainted with your beef. And I am not convinced that you have a legitimate complaint---even if it is the 'most popular complaint on syncmyride.com':

Why?

Because there's always going to be a 'most popular complaint'. No matter what you do, someone won't like it.

Because there's always going to be a 'most popular complaint'. No matter what you do, someone won't like it.

I'm sorry Richard, I missed it. Do you own a vehicle with SYNC?

Ford evidentially has gotten enough complaints about it to warrant a TSB.