Ford Stock prices

Who knows......it just means more people were selling than buying. Could be profit-taking, portfolio balancing or a lot of other things that are in no way related to Ford's performance or predicted performance.

Profit taking was my guess, but I think you are spot on.

Good time to buy...if'n I only had some extra money!

I know most related Auto stock prices (And other stock price's) took a hit on the down side this week......

Why did Ford plunge so much???

Your opinons please.....

The option is due this Friday. Just look through those options, most people strike at $12 to $15. They have already earn a lot of money. The entire stock market was down yesterday and those option was due in two days, so they all practice the options.

post-27652-0-22422200-1295543027_thumb.jpg

Edited by weiweishen

I'm not sure if there is any parallel that can be made between GE and Ford, but GE reported better than expected earnings yesterday and it's stock price shot up about a $1.30.

I think Ford is priced based on a tentative expectation of recovery - I think the major movements in the next couple of years will be 1) a restoration of investment-grade debt rating 2) restoration of a dividend. I expect apart from that there will be lots of buying on speculation ahead of earnings releases, and selling afterwards.

I am not a stock guru though, so of course these expectations are not guided by any rigorous analysis.

I think Ford is priced based on a tentative expectation of recovery - I think the major movements in the next couple of years will be 1) a restoration of investment-grade debt rating 2) restoration of a dividend. I expect apart from that there will be lots of buying on speculation ahead of earnings releases, and selling afterwards.

I am not a stock guru though, so of course these expectations are not guided by any rigorous analysis.

To paraphrase, buy on the rumor and sell on the news.

• 2 weeks later...

To me it is surprising, Ford turns a profit in 2010 for the quarters and for the year, but they don't meet the expectation or forecast, so the price goes down. I would expect that people said that they didn't meet their goal then they aren't worth the money to invest, so we need to pull back.

it just doesn't make sense. The price of the stock should have stayed at the value since Ford turned a profit for the year. So they didn't meet expectation. Were the expectations realistic? if they were not, then there was no way of meeting them.

However, in my book stick with Ford and we will make out in the end. I just wished that I got in when it was down in the $1 range, but Oh well, I got in and I'm riding it long term.

That is the way we should look at stock. Be in it for the long term and hopefully we will continue to make money.

However, in my book stick with Ford and we will make out in the end. I just wished that I got in when it was down in the $1 range, but Oh well, I got in and I'm riding it long term.

That is the way we should look at stock. Be in it for the long term and hopefully we will continue to make money.

I'm in the same boat...but thats the problem with investors...far too many of them are looking to make a quick buck then looking at it long term. Which is another reason why we are in the situation we are in now.

To me it is surprising, Ford turns a profit in 2010 for the quarters and for the year, but they don't meet the expectation or forecast, so the price goes down. I would expect that people said that they didn't meet their goal then they aren't worth the money to invest, so we need to pull back.

it just doesn't make sense. The price of the stock should have stayed at the value since Ford turned a profit for the year. So they didn't meet expectation. Were the expectations realistic? if they were not, then there was no way of meeting them.

So when you say the "llong term" what does that mean, and how long for? Toyota shares go for what, $60 a share?

Do you think ford might one day reach that point, or at the least hit $30s?

So when you say the "llong term" what does that mean, and how long for? Toyota shares go for what, $60 a share?

In a fair and logical world it would. But remember the market reflects people, and people are often neither of those things. If they keep paying down their debt and performing well, they'll keep climbing.

There are more shares issued of Ford stock; to reach the same "market capitalization", or total cost for all the shares of the company, Ford would need to reach $38/share. To reach $60/share, Ford's market capitalization would have to challenge Toyota's record high market capitalization from about 4 years ago (Feb 2007), during the afterglow of the easy credit era.

As for whether that's a reachable target? Only time will tell.

My thinking is until I get close to retirement, which is about 20 years. I don't know where Ford's stock will reach, but it could go to $60, but more realistic is that they will get close to $30 in a few years. They just need to keep turning profits and make sure that the expectations are realistic and can be meet.

I also look at this way and it isn't money that I need right now, so I'm just letting it ride.