Pulled the trigger-2012 Focus

I ordered a 2012 Focus at my local dealer today. It will be a Kona Blue 5-door SEL with the MFT/Sony package and no other options. Of course, if I find that there's less legroom than in a fullsize car, or if I don't get used to the central locking, I'll trade it in on a Corolla... :hysterical:

Edited by AGR
  • Like 1

I ordered a 2012 Focus at my local dealer today. It will be a Kona Blue 5-door SEL with the MFT/Sony package and no other options. Of course, if I find that there's less legroom than in a fullsize car, or if I don't get used to the central locking, I'll trade it in on a Corolla... :hysterical:

No problem, just hollow out the back of the front seats like Ford did with the Contour/Mystique. And congatulations on your order and hope you get it in reasonable amount of time.

• Like 1

No problem, just hollow out the back of the front seats like Ford did with the Contour/Mystique. And congatulations on your order and hope you get it in reasonable amount of time.

You should check out the review posted by nr9 on the Focus, there was a little bit of complaint on rear seat room. You've been vindicated :stirpot:

THANK YOU. I hate black interiors. One of the few things I hate about the New Ford is that they only offer Black and Grey interiors in most of their cars. I wish they would bring back tan interiors.

I don't understand the black interiors either because during the hot months they really absorb the heat making it harder to cool off interior in middle of July. I have a light grey in both my vehicles and prefer a lighter color, especially in the summer.

They start building them on the 31st of this month. They aren't scheduling any retail orders until the peliminary stock built orders have an OK to ship. My Focus has been on order since November and has not been scheduled. Believe me Ford has been hearing from us since the dealerships stock unit has been scheduled first. I think most retails will be waiting into May before receiving their cars---at least you have a set expectation now that I didn't.

I don't understand the black interiors either because during the hot months they really absorb the heat making it harder to cool off interior in middle of July. I have a light grey in both my vehicles and prefer a lighter color, especially in the summer.

I think the primary reason Ford uses Black or grey colored interiors is that they hold up in the sense they don't show dirt as easy as a light colored interior does. I look at my parents Sable interior and shake my head at times at how dirty it is from every day use. I'm sure my dad could use a leather conditioner on it to get the dirt out but I think alot of people can't be bothered to.

So is the Fusion getting replaced by the Focus or is it an additional car to the collection?

Me? It's replacing the Fusion. I have had the car 2 years already even though it's a 2010 it was a early build. I drive about 80 miles round trip to work so I will have about 36K miles on it when I trade it. The technology and gas mileage is what got me looking at the Focus. My Fusion is AWD with the 3.5L so it averages about 25MPG which is OK, but 40MPG is going to be great! The Fusion has been a great car also.

• Like 1

Did the dealership tell you this or Ford?

Hey guys....I drive by the MAP plant relatively often and I will let you know when the new Focus starts building up in the holding lots facing Michigan Avenue. RR tracks run right along the holding lots and you can see them running them up the ramps onto the Auto Carrrier RR cars. The old holding lots for WAP are now being filled with solar panels.

They start building them on the 31st of this month. They aren't scheduling any retail orders until the peliminary stock built orders have an OK to ship. My Focus has been on order since November and has not been scheduled. Believe me Ford has been hearing from us since the dealerships stock unit has been scheduled first. I think most retails will be waiting into May before receiving their cars---at least you have a set expectation now that I didn't.

Dealerships as a general rule will make more money off the cars they order for stock than the cars that are special ordered for customers. If they had it their way you would show up to the lot and buy whatever they had available. It's easier and usually more profitable for them. I suspect that's the reason why dealership stock orders are taking precedence over your special orders. It would make me mad too, but its the nature of the business.

Ford's normal priority for scheduling builds is stock units, followed by fleet (FIN) orders, then finally retail orders, correct? The priority scheduling for verified retail sold orders that Ford offered on the 2010 Fusion Hybrid seems to be an exception to the rule.