Ford Motor Company: June 2011 Sales Figures

Ford June Sales up 14 percent; Cars, Utilities Lead the Way; Fuel-Efficient New Trucks also Regain Momentum

-Ford’s June sales totaled 194,114, up 14 percent versus a year ago

-Cars up 17 percent, utilities up 15 percent, trucks up 9 percent

-Ford’s new Fiesta and Focus combined for 26,920 sales, up 66 percent

-Explorer total sales up 56 percent, retail sales up 259 percent

-F-Series June sales total 49,618, up 7 percent; F-150 V6s outsell V8s two months in a row

-Ford brand sales up 20 percent; Lincoln sales up 17 percent

Click here to download report in PDF.

Click here for 1998-current Ford sales figures.

Blue Oval News – Ford’s June sales totaled 194,114, up 14 percent versus a year ago. Cars and utilities posted the largest gains, while trucks also posted increases, rebounding from May.

“Strong demand for Ford’s fuel-efficient cars and crossovers continues, and we now are seeing truck buyers return to the market with significant appetite for our fuel-efficient V6 engines,” said Ken Czubay, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service.

Cars

Ford’s two all-new small cars combined for 26,920 sales in June, up 66 percent versus a year ago. Fiesta sales were 5,535, and Focus sales were 21,385, up 41 percent versus a year ago. The Fiesta and Focus are the fastest-turning models in Ford dealer showrooms.

“The Fiesta and Focus are driving Ford’s retail share gains in markets beyond our traditional geographic areas of strength,” said Czubay. “In California, Ford’s retail share is the highest since 2006. We also have seen gains in the East and Southeast.”

In June, Ford brand retail sales were up 36 percent in California.

The Fiesta and Focus recently were named to Kelley Blue Book’s 2011 Top 10 Coolest New Cars Under $18,000.

The Ford Fusion midsize car now has posted six straight monthly sales records. In June, Fusion sales totaled 20,808, up 13 percent versus a year ago. In the first six months of 2011, Fusion sales were 131,686, up 18 percent from the first-half record set last year.

Lincoln sales were up 17 percent compared with a year ago, paced by higher sales for the Lincoln MKZ (up 31 percent) and Lincoln MKS (up 18 percent) sedans, as well as the Lincoln MKX crossover (up 36 percent).

Utilities

Explorer sales totaled 10,422, up 56 percent versus a year ago. Retail sales for the new Explorer were up 259 percent. In the first six months of 2011, Explorer sales totaled 65,823, surpassing last year’s full-year sales total of 60,687. Explorer has class-leading highway fuel economy of 25 mpg.

Escape sales totaled 22,274, up 43 percent. Year-to-date, Escape sales totaled 122,607, up 24 percent from the first-half record set last year. Edge sales totaled 9,663, up 18 percent. Ford is the top-selling brand of utilities in the U.S., with first-half sales totaling 280,875, up 25 percent versus a year ago.

Trucks

Ford truck sales increased across the lineup in June, with F-Series (up 7 percent), Ranger (up 18 percent), Transit Connect (up 40 percent) and Econoline (up 4 percent). Transit Connect sales were 2,992 – the second highest sales month ever.

Ford’s F-Series truck remained the best-selling vehicle in the U.S. with June sales of 49,618. In the first six months of 2011, F-Series sales totaled 264,079 (up 10 percent). Sales of the F-150 with new V6 engines continued to outsell V8s in June – and V6 engines accounted for 56 percent of F-150 retail sales. The 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine accounted for 41 percent of F-150 sales, and the 3.7-liter V6 accounted for 15 percent.

Sales Summary

In June, total sales were 194,114, up 14 percent versus a year ago. Retail sales were up 13 percent and fleet sales were up 14 percent.

Year-to-date, total sales are 1.07 million, up 12 percent. Retail sales were up 14 percent and fleet sales were up 9 percent.

“From Fiesta to F-Series, our new vehicles are resonating with customers. All of us at Ford remain absolutely committed to a full lineup of cars, utilities and trucks with the highest quality, fuel efficiency, safety, smart design and value,” said Czubay.

Sales Chart and Details

Not to bad - Wonder how much better it could have been had there been inventory on the lots.

Edited by robertlane

I think you posted May's Sales Chart and Details instead of June's.

Here is the correct chart:

June Sales

How the :censored: did I manage that. :banghead: -- Fixed, Thanks.

MKT/Flex sales are just sad.... If they aren't going to put sliders on the next Flex just kill it and be done with it.

Edited by jasonj80
  • Like 1

Wow, look at the Focus volume. I'm amazed they had enough inventory to deliver that many cars. I wonder if this will push it to the top for the class this month.

And MKT at 393 vehicles! How many Lincoln dealerships are there again? Flex loosing more ground again.

Wow, look at the Focus volume. I'm amazed they had enough inventory to deliver that many cars. I wonder if this will push it to the top for the class this month.

I'm happy for Focus sales #, but it won't challenge sales crown, yet - GM sold ~25000 Cruze in June.

OTOH, I'm baffled with Fiesta sales, they say it's was the fastest turning vehicle (along with Focus) but the sales have been around 5000~6000 for the past several months. Wasn't the whole Mexican plant making just the Fiesta and nothing else? Just how many of those Fiestas are allocated for US???

Edited by 03 LS

I'm happy for Focus sales #, but it won't challenge sales crown, yet - GM sold ~25000 Cruze in June.

OTOH, I'm baffled with Fiesta sales, they say it's was the fastest turning vehicle (along with Focus) but the sales have been around 5000~6000 for the past several months. Wasn't the whole Mexican plant making just the Fiesta and nothing else? Just how many of those Fiestas are allocated for US???

The plant has to service US, Canada, Mexico, Central America, Columbia, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, etc.

And of course, Ford sells far more Focuses globally than Chevy sells Cruzes.

The plant has to service US, Canada, Mexico, Central America, Columbia, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, etc.

The plant may produce Fiestas for those markets but I think that has little to do with US sales being up and down, I think Fiesta's sales drop has more to do with Japanese car makers getting more stock and buyers returning to them.

The plant may produce Fiestas for those markets but I think that has little to do with US sales being up and down, I think Fiesta's sales drop has more to do with Japanese car makers getting more stock and buyers returning to them.

I just looked Ford Mexico's production numbers for April (most likely the month where alot of the Fiesta sold this month were built) and for some reason Ford produced 10k less during that month than normal. So it looks like the Fiesta drop was due to supply.

I just looked Ford Mexico's production numbers for April (most likely the month where alot of the Fiesta sold this month were built) and for some reason Ford produced 10k less during that month than normal. So it looks like the Fiesta drop was due to supply.

It's based on Mazda 2 platform, what's the bet that Japanese parts supply problems were affecting Fiesta as well...

On a different note,

Caprice sales for June...................................42

ixgJ0.png

Mustang edged Camaro, despite being down a tick from its own sales last year. Beginning of a trend?

Explorer may be the single smartest thing Alan's Ford has done. All that bitching from the Jalopniks of the world looks incredibly silly when you see those retail numbers.

MKT and Flex need their updates, no question.

Linc's two most important products, MKZ and MKX, are showing a good positive trend.

Chevy's fleet queens continue to sell really well, but their growth can't hold a candle to Ford's.

Mustang edged Camaro, despite being down a tick from its own sales last year. Beginning of a trend?

Explorer may be the single smartest thing Alan's Ford has done. All that bitching from the Jalopniks of the world looks incredibly silly when you see those retail numbers.

MKT and Flex need their updates, no question.

Linc's two most important products, MKZ and MKX, are showing a good positive trend.

Chevy's fleet queens continue to sell really well, but their growth can't hold a candle to Ford's.

I see it this way, Ford's success has nothing to do with wat GM does or doesn't do,

it's due to great strides quality products and listening to what buyers want..

Lincoln depends on MKZ and MKX but the introduction of a D3 Aviator and new Escape based small SUV

will really give Lincoln sales a kick in the pants, Add a refreshed MKS and Navigator to the pot and I think

Lincoln will have a winning line up.....not sure about MKT..... I think a LWB MKS would do just as well....

It's based on Mazda 2 platform, what's the bet that Japanese parts supply problems were affecting Fiesta as well...

It is more like Mazda2 is based on the Fiesta platform...and since Fiestas' B global chassis underpins it ,I don't see how difficulties in Japan equate to manufacturing problems in Mexico.

EDIT: Mazda calls it DE while Ford refers to it as B3

Edited by twintornados

It is more like Mazda2 is based on the Fiesta platform...and since Fiestas' B global chassis underpins it ,I don't see how difficulties in Japan equate to manufacturing problems in Mexico.

EDIT: Mazda calls it DE while Ford refers to it as B3

Lots of manufacturers source electrical parts from Japan, it could be that Fiesta is afected

OR

it could be as as per my first response to Ausrutherford:

And MKT at 393 vehicles! How many Lincoln dealerships are there again? Flex loosing more ground again.

Our store missed its sales objective (set by Ford) for June because we didn't have enough inventory to meet customer demand. Ford is being far too conservative with its inventory planning for many vehicle lines. We have only (4) 2012 Focus, (2) 2011 Fiesta, (4) 2011 Fusion, (1) 2012 Mustang, (2) 2011 Taurus, (4) 2011 F-150 units in stock and are trying to buy additional inventory from other dealers to help meet customer demand. July is already looking difficult as most of our scheduled inventory won't start arriving until early August! This is 3 years now where we've run out of inventory during the summer selling season. Since May, Ford's own reports show us with about a 20-day supply of vehicles!

Fiesta sales are consistent but the order-to-delivery time is long due to shipping time. The 2012 Focus is doing great but there isn't enough inventory in stock to sell from. Nearly half of our 2012 Focus sales are for vehicles in the $24-26,000 range, mostly 5-Door Hatchbacks. Mustang is a disaster as we have only (1) 2012 Mustang in stock, no 2011 Mustangs and for the past 3-4 months Ford will schedule ONLY retail Mustang orders. We normally stock at least 25 Fusions, were selling at least 14-16 per month but are down to 4 in stock. Our Taurus numbers are improving each month and we need more inventory to grow the numbers further.