Chasing a C-max, got speed ticket

This afternoon, on the way from work to home, on I-94 West (near I-275), I saw a C-max. It was really a beautiful car, I followed it for about 5 miles. Suddenly I found that I was followed by a police car with flash light on. I pulled over. The officer told me that my speed was 90 mph. I was so speechless. I told the officer that I was following a C-max, I did not realize that I was speeding because I don't think a hybrid can move that fast. The officer looked at me with a wired smile and said "I don't know what is C-max, but you should drive slowly and have a nice holiday." Bad luck before my vacation.

• Like 3

Last official release I saw said mid/late 2012. Some rumor/speculation they're trying to accelerate to spring 2012 but that might be wishful thinking.

Ford's web site says "Fall 2012"

I'll be anxous to see pricing, and pricing for the Energi over the Hybrid. And the range. The PHEV Prius is good, I think, for around 13 miles.

The closest facing model for the C-Max will be the Prius V, and there have been some reports that the V will also have a PHEV option. This'll be fun to watch.

I think Ford is going to have a hard time making an impact with the Energi, it's late to the party and not very appealing or avant-garde. The Volt and Prius are much more ambitious and alluring products for these type of consumers. Ford's effort just smells of "Oh what the hell, we better bang one of these out too, what do we have in the parts bin?".. And I personally HATE the cat-fish grilles on these cars, ugliest thing I've ever seen slapped on the face of a Ford. I guess that get an A for Effort, but they clearly aren't out there to win this.

Edited by BORG

I'm gonna disagree with you pretty strongly there. For one, I rather like the C-Max grille. For two, I think Ford's strategy for the C-Maxes is a good blend. Their Fusion, MKZ, and Escape hybrids have been rather successful for the blue oval despite "only" being variants of standard models. C-Max will only be Energi and Hybrid in North America (at least initially) but they were not compromised the way other Hybrid/Electric-only models from competitors have been. Other than Prius, which is clearly riding high on name recognition and as a status symbol, none of the dedicated Hybrids are selling all that well. Volt makes Flex look like a titan of sales volume by comparison.

• Like 1

I think Ford is going to have a hard time making an impact with the Energi, it's late to the party and not very appealing or avant-garde. The Volt and Prius are much more ambitious and alluring products for these type of consumers. Ford's effort just smells of "Oh what the hell, we better bang one of these out too, what do we have in the parts bin?".. And I personally HATE the cat-fish grilles on these cars, ugliest thing I've ever seen slapped on the face of a Ford. I guess that get an A for Effort, but they clearly aren't out there to win this.

wait till you see the numbers....I have NO doubt it will trump the Prius efforts....

You sure bitch a lot.

Ever consider that your taste in vehicles may not be the be all end all of automotive design. I like the grills on most all Ford products. Fresh designs aren't all that easy to pump out, and Ford is doing a pretty good job. You cant please everyone, especially you.

Edited by twmalonehunter
  • Like 1

I'll have to disagree too. The Volt is only a 4 seater and it's expensive. The Prius has a following, but there are a lot of people out there that want Prius like capability without getting a Prius. I think the C-Max Energi with it's seating for 5 and extra cargo capacity will be a real winner for Ford. I'm really interested in seeing one up close.