Ford Cobra Concept

Didn't see the thread. The back does remind me somewhat of the 1965 Daytona Cobra

IMHO, the stylist does not have an "original" voice, and as a result, the sled is way too "derivative", and lacks an overall thematic harmony.

Contrast this "pastiche" with, say, the Saleen S-7. Regardless that the cars are different (front-engine/mid-engine), the S-7 shows a unified thematic approach that isn't seen in the Shelby.

Saleen%2BS7%2B3.jpg

At least it doesn't have that ghastly Aston Zagato roofline and the giant fender vents. They sure louse up that gorgeous Aston body. :)

Aston-V12-Zagato-concept-1.jpg

Of course it's a joke! I know it was a rendering. Are you two joking?!! Seriously, you can't make a sarcastic comment any more.

When they made the picture they could have scaled it better. I just thought it looked goofy the way they did it.

I took it as a joke at first but then I had second thoughts. Humor sometimes doesn't translate well in writing (I know from experience). That's why I asked.

I keep hoping that at some point in my lifetime (I'm 51 years old), Ford will finally introduce a 2-seat sports car (in both coupe and convertible versions) that can go head-to-head with the Corvette in every respect and come out on top. I would hope that they could bring something like this in at a price point of somewhere between $60,000 and $70,000. As nice as the Ford GT was (and still is!), it was simply way too far out of my price range. I would have to believe that many, many, many other people feel the same way.

I didn't care too much for this Snakehead sports car design when I first saw it on one of threads here (I believe), but when I saw it again via some different "photographic" angles, if you will, it really grew on me. I appreciate it quite a bit now, but I'm always open to a Ford sports car design that would start with a clean sheet of paper.

Wouldn't it be neat if Mr. Mullaly gave a corporate edict to the Ford engineers that sounded something like "Go forth and design and engineer a 2-seat Ford sportscar that will, from this point forward, be our corporate flagship vehicle, and is equal to or better than the Corvette in all of the measures important to a sports car. We have the talent and resources to do this! Let's see what we can come up with!!!"

Coming from the world of lean six sigma, it's nice to think and dream for awhile about the "ideal state," isn't it?