Ford owes me a commission

Friend of mine on posted on Facebook about trading her Hummer in on a Prius. I told her she should check out the Fusion. She went and test drove both of them and is now a proud owner of a new Fusion Hybrid. She said it was light years better than the Prius and thanked me for the suggestion. You're welcome Ford... ;)

• Like 2

Friend of mine on posted on Facebook about trading her Hummer in on a Prius. I told her she should check out the Fusion. She went and test drove both of them and is now a proud owner of a new Fusion Hybrid. She said it was light years better than the Prius and thanked me for the suggestion. You're welcome Ford... ;)

Good job! Going from a Hummer to a Fusion Hybrid? That is a change!

• Like 1

Good job! Going from a Hummer to a Fusion Hybrid? That is a change!

I always attempt to do the same thing and have had some success I might add. Ford makes it easy to do presently with the quality reputation that they have at the moment, which I hope continues.

I’m absolutely amazed how many Gen X’ers & Millennial’s won’t even consider a domestic car though.

• Like 1

At auto shows, Ford sometimes has a $50 gift card offer just for test driving one of their new cars. I think NLPRacing did his part to earn at least one of those! :shades:

Anyway, great to hear of an another new Ford Fusion Hybrid owner. Incidentally, the Fusion Hybrid had among the highest ratings of any vehicle in Consumer Reports' owner satisfaction survey - better than any other gasoline/electric hybrid and nearly as good as the Porsche 911. :happy feet:

Edited by aneekr

If thats the case, ford owes me a few thousands as the years have added up :)

By being objective Ford fans, we do influence our friends and family. In my case:

Larry: previous Honda/Toyota owner now Thunderbird (1st was new, 2nd one) Escape Hybrid

Steve: GM owner, new 2011 Focus

Nigel: Toyota owner, since new Mustang, Ranger, F150

etc.

etc.

• Like 1

Great work!

• Like 1

For me it's been a bit different...its more like "Oh your Oddity has about 40K miles, and your transmission hasn't died yet?" (3 weeks after it did), then when they hit 50K i said, "And your A/C hasnt died yet?" (it died for them 3 months later), so after that, they obviously saw there was a pattern of either me cursing the vehicle with voodoo dolls, or there's known problems about a specific vehicle. So when they went shopping Honda was NOT on their list. Oh and prior to this they owned a VW Passat...so at 30K my question was "So your electronics haven't died, or your brakes and ABS failed, or your interior trim pieces falling off? Hows that alternator doing for you ? How often has it overheated"...there answer was "YES, ALL the above...." LOL So they went with the Oddity because they aspire to breed like cats (they must think they have a great gene pool, which they dont), and they figrued Honda because it was reliable...HA....jokes on them...

• Like 1

I rode in a Prius for the first time last year. Interior looked like a sub-economy car. Had a rattle, not sure where that was coming from.......and the owner loved it. Go figure.

Edited by pintoboy

I rode in a Prius for the first time last year. Interior looked like a sub-economy car. Had a rattle, not sure where that was coming from.......and the owner loved it. Go figure.

They loved it because they hadn't driven anything else to compare it to. You spend $30k on something, you tell yourself (and everyone else) you love it so you don't feel you wasted your money. :banghead:

• Like 1

I learned that lesson from a Passat owning friend who after sinking $7200 worth of repairs throughout her 5 years of ownership, when the guy at the oil change placed asked her if it was reliable, she told him flat out it's been flawless...I called BS out her publically and embarrased her. Specially after all the crap I had to endure taking that POS to the dealership every other weekend with her. Then she goes and buys a MBenz C230 and I wiped my hands from that BS told her to never count on me to pick her up on the side of the road. Over it...