A New Letter

gary_walkowicz

Ford is posting BILLIONS of dollars in profits. What do they want to do with that money? Invest it in our plants. I, along with many of you, say NO! NO! NO! They are promising $16 billion dollars in new investment, but they are posting $8 billion dollars in profits per year! This contract lasts 4 years! What are they doing with the other $16 billion?

We each gave up $30,000 in concessions. That’s about $1.2 billion dollars over 4 years, which is exactly the amount of money it took to turn around Ford Motor Company. Look it up. We singlehandedly saved the company, and it’s high time we were rewarded for our vision and sacrifice.

Ford and the UAW had a choice. They could listen to the people and give us wage increases, or they could reach a deal with the devil. They chose the latter, and it’s time to tell them NO TO INVESTMENT! NO TO JOBS! NO TO INCREASED PROFIT SHARING!

Let me ask you, how many people do you know that can live on $55,000 a year plus benefits and bonuses and profit sharing? I don’t know many, either. The people in my neighborhood all have good-paying middle-class jobs, $100,000 per year plus benefits. And Ford Motor Company and the UAW want us to be grateful for a job that is basically minimum wage. Do you think that’s right? Join me in saying NO! NO! NO!

NO TO INVESTMENT! NO TO JOBS! NO TO INCREASED PROFIT SHARING!

I read the paper every day, and all the headlines I see are about people prospering. It’s time for us to share in this new American Golden Age. For the past 2 months, Ford stock has been going UP! UP! UP! And they offer us THIS contract? NO! NO! NO!

Remember, WE are the UAW! WE want MORE! MORE! MORE! and we say NO! NO! NO!

Gary Walkowicz Bargaining Committeeman, Dearborn Truck Plant, Local 600

gwalk32@att.net (313) 737-3166 October 11, 2011

• Like 5

Gary, if I read you correctly you do not want any new investment in our plants, no new jobs in the US, and no increase in profit sharing. can deduce that what you want Ford to do is to go out of business in the United States. If that is the case we loose 41,000 jobs. I do not what you are thinking but you need to figure out that this is not the 1970's. The times have changed and you need to come to the 2010's. STOP YOUR BULLSHIT BEFORE YOU PUT ME OUT OF A JOB.

• Like 4

Ford is posting BILLIONS of dollars in profits. What do they want to do with that money? Invest it in our plants. I, along with many of you, say NO! NO! NO! They are promising $16 billion dollars in new investment, but they are posting $8 billion dollars in profits per year! This contract lasts 4 years! What are they doing with the other $16 billion?

We each gave up $30,000 in concessions. That’s about $1.2 billion dollars over 4 years, which is exactly the amount of money it took to turn around Ford Motor Company. Look it up. We singlehandedly saved the company, and it’s high time we were rewarded for our vision and sacrifice.

Ford and the UAW had a choice. They could listen to the people and give us wage increases, or they could reach a deal with the devil. They chose the latter, and it’s time to tell them NO TO INVESTMENT! NO TO JOBS! NO TO INCREASED PROFIT SHARING!

Let me ask you, how many people do you know that can live on $55,000 a year plus benefits and bonuses and profit sharing? I don’t know many, either. The people in my neighborhood all have good-paying middle-class jobs, $100,000 per year plus benefits. And Ford Motor Company and the UAW want us to be grateful for a job that is basically minimum wage. Do you think that’s right? Join me in saying NO! NO! NO!

I read the paper every day, and all the headlines I see are about people prospering. It’s time for us to share in this new American Golden Age. For the past 2 months, Ford stock has been going UP! UP! UP! And they offer us THIS contract? NO! NO! NO!

That, I must say, is some funny shit.

• Like 5

You sir are retarded...but more retarded are the people that voted for you. You are just like the republican politicians that are out of touch with reality. You say that you cannot make it on $55,000 a year. You need to take a look at the mirror and blame yourself. Stop smoking crack. You say your neighbors make $100,000 a year? Perhaps you should get a new career...Perhaps you don't have any skills? Don't worry Chicago Assembly Plant will bail you out.

• Like 3

You make your "NO!" voters so proud! They do you well, By handing out your letters in plants outside of dearborn. And they always have me scratching my head! LMFAO!

I nominate this as "POST OF THE YEAR!"

Edited by wildosvt
  • Like 3

You sir are retarded...but more retarded are the people that voted for you. You are just like the republican politicians that are out of touch with reality. You say that you cannot make it on $55,000 a year. You need to take a look at the mirror and blame yourself. Stop smoking crack. You say your neighbors make $100,000 a year? Perhaps you should get a new career...Perhaps you don't have any skills? Don't worry Chicago Assembly Plant will bail you out.

Gary has gone off the deep end. I vote YES TO NEW INVESTMENT! YES TO INCREASED PROFIT SHARING! AND YES! YES! YES! TO JOBS!!!

I feel sorry for the people he represents. No wonder we hear horror stories out of DTP...

• Like 4

Gary, if I read you correctly you do not want any new investment in our plants, no new jobs in the US, and no increase in profit sharing. can deduce that what you want Ford to do is to go out of business in the United States. If that is the case we loose 41,000 jobs. I do not what you are thinking but you need to figure out that this is not the 1970's. The times have changed and you need to come to the 2010's. STOP YOUR BULLSHIT BEFORE YOU PUT ME OUT OF A JOB.

Are u guys fooled that easy. This is NOT Gary......

• Like 3

Only an idiot would believe Gary really posted this. I'm surprised it took someone this long to do it.

I'm also guessing it's "poop" that did it.

yep, it was definitely me that did it. i impersonate gary walkowitz, then, just to make it believable, i am the FIRST person to post on it. because that isn't obvious...

• Like 1

Well, though I don't agree with the TRUE attitude that Gary is portraying here, he sure has made a few of you look like idiots. If you can't tell he is being sarcastic, then maybe you should go get your Websters Dictionary and look up the word.

However, I still do not agree on the position that we should accept the contract as it is without ANY protection from the inflation that is surely going to hit us soon and it will hit us like a ton of bricks. Hope all of you that vote YES are saving your money big time awaiting the time that we pull out of this recession and inflation makes your paycheck look like a burger flipper at MickyD's.

Edited by danehilby
  • Like 1

I live in the north west corner of Westland, in the Livonia school district, in a subdivision that was finished being built in 1998. My neighbors include a half a dozen hourly Detroit Three employees, including a couple of Ford and the rest GM employees. We've got three UPS employees and one FedEx, a couple of teachers, several formerly unionized Delta airlines employees, a bunch of auto supplier engineers, and a bunch of retirees, half GM & Ford hourly who took buyouts two years ago, and the rest salaried retirees.

Out of 125 households, there isn't one God damn one where any one earner made $100K last year, or any other year before that, and of those households who had anything above $90K, it took both husband & wife to make that combined.

<<remainder of post deleted>>

Edited by Len_A
  • Like 3

I live in the north west corner of Westland, in the Livonia school district, in a subdivision that was finished being built in 1998. My neighbors include a half a dozen hourly Detroit Three employees, including a couple of Ford and the rest GM employees. We've got three UPS employees and one FedEx, a couple of teachers, several formerly unionized Delta airlines employees, a bunch of auto supplier engineers, and a bunch of retirees, half GM & Ford hourly who took buyouts two years ago, and the rest salaried retirees.

Out of 125 households, there isn't one God damn one where any one earner made $100K last year, or any other year before that, and of those households who had anything above $90K, it took both husband & wife to make that combined.

Who makes $90,000 a year?That is some heavy overtime.On a 40 hour basis the jobs pay in the $60,000 range.I agree with you,the economy is bad thanks mostly to the corrupt politicians and their banker buddies."I am leaving office in two weeks and unless I get $999,999,999.99 the entire banking system will collapse",George W. Bush

• Like 1

[/quot

Edited by jm2607

Who makes $90,000 a year?That is some heavy overtime.On a 40 hour basis the jobs pay in the $60,000 range.I agree with you,the economy is bad thanks mostly to the corrupt politicians and their banker buddies."I am leaving office in two weeks and unless I get $999,999,999.99 the entire banking system will collapse",George W. Bush

Like I said, it took two incomes to reach that combined and even that's rare. And most white collar workers don't get paid anything for overtime - you do it for free. Lady friend of ours is a sales manager for a small business furniture place. she's lucky if she makes $55,000 a year, pays 20% of her health insurance premium, and if she doesn't put money in her 4011k, she'll have no retirement. And she's typical of the white collar workers I know. How white collar workers for GM, Ford & Chrysler are compensated is NOT typical of the rest of white collar workers. And my Dad is a typical Local 600 retiree of his generation (I'm 52 years old, if that tells you anything) - it took not only his kids getting out into the work force, but a lot of nieces & nephews as well, before he would come close to conceding that the majority of white collar non auto industry employees don't make as good an income as most first tier auto workers.

Like I said, it took two incomes to reach that combined and even that's rare. And most white collar workers don't get paid anything for overtime - you do it for free. Lady friend of ours is a sales manager for a small business furniture place. she's lucky if she makes $55,000 a year, pays 20% of her health insurance premium, and if she doesn't put money in her 4011k, she'll have no retirement. And she's typical of the white collar workers I know. How white collar workers for GM, Ford & Chrysler are compensated is NOT typical of the rest of white collar workers. And my Dad is a typical Local 600 retiree of his generation (I'm 52 years old, if that tells you anything) - it took not only his kids getting out into the work force, but a lot of nieces & nephews as well, before he would come close to conceding that the majority of white collar non auto industry employees don't make as good an income as most first tier auto workers.

Len_A you would make a good 'Ford Man' have you applied?All those plants where Ford is investing might be looking for a guy with your skills.Anyways,jealousy over autoworkers is ridiculous.How many people have it published nationally how much money they make?Isnt that a kick in the head?All these people who 'run down' autoworkers what do they make?May I comment on their business.Len_A we did it,,,we may have lived long enough to see a good Detroit Lions team.Long way to go yet but its looking like the Packers and the Lions are the two best teams in the NFC.Ford Junior made the billionaires list,thats amazing!Be jealous of him,not me.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

ROFLMAO !!!! will the real Walkinshits please call this silly shit out... WOW, OK .. OK.. a few locals have voted "no", let the crazy shit hit an all time high level !!!

• Like 1

,we may have lived long enough to see a good Detroit Lions team.Long way to go yet but its looking like the Packers and the Lions are the two best teams in the NFC.

Go LIONS!!! and...GOOOOOO TIGERS!!!!

Edited by poop
  • Like 1

Go LIONS!!! and...GOOOOOO TIGERS!!!!

Lions were un-fucking-believable!! And no disrespect to our CAP members, but it was REALLY nice to see the Lions beat the Bears. Now if only /i can collect on my bet with my best friend in Chicago....hey, Bruce, you welshing motherfucker, PayPal works and you owe me $100!!!

And GO TIGERS!!!!

• Like 1

Len_A you would make a good 'Ford Man' have you applied?All those plants where Ford is investing might be looking for a guy with your skills.Anyways,jealousy over autoworkers is ridiculous.How many people have it published nationally how much money they make?Isnt that a kick in the head?All these people who 'run down' autoworkers what do they make?May I comment on their business.Len_A we did it,,,we may have lived long enough to see a good Detroit Lions team.Long way to go yet but its looking like the Packers and the Lions are the two best teams in the NFC.Ford Junior made the billionaires list,thats amazing!Be jealous of him,not me.

Anything to get away from this salaried contractor shit...

Junior may have finally got the people in to turn the Lions around. I haven't been this proud to call myself a Detroiter in something like...ever.

Personally, I'm sick of hearing Detroit Three auto workers, hourly & salaried, derided. It's not only jealousy...it's vindictiveness. It's sickening. But that said, we need to help part these people from something near & dear to their hearts>>>>their money!!! Cann't tell someone to go fuck themselves, and them ask them to buy your car. Just doesn't work. Believe me, if there was a way to do it, I have a list of people a mile long that I would tell to go do something anatomically impossible to do. I may not have been a UAW member since 1978, and I may be white collar, but my Dad worked at the Rouge his whole life, with over 25 years of it at Dearborn Stamping. When someone puts down hourly auto workers, that's my Dad, my uncles, an aunt and three older cousins they're insulting.

Doesn't mean I agree with every hourly worker out there, but I don't disrespect the profession. And contrary to what some people say, it IS a profession.

• Like 1

Lions were un-fucking-believable!! And no disrespect to our CAP members, but it was REALLY nice to see the Lions beat the Bears. Now if only /i can collect on my bet with my best friend in Chicago....hey, Bruce, you welshing motherfucker, PayPal works and you owe me $100!!!

And GO TIGERS!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!

And Bruce, whoeverthefuckyouare, pay the man!! You lost!!

• Like 1