Next Gen Fusion Hybrid plug in to be called Energi

There was a correction applied. The guess is all plug-in hybrids will carry the 'Energi' Monkier. Okay, at least two of them.

not sure why they dont just market the plug in as the only version....probably cost, but basivcally the Energi models have different battery packs, longer electric only range, and of course"plug in" capability, will be interesting to see the $ difference and the cost/ benefit comparison tables when data is released....

not sure why they dont just market the plug in as the only version....probably cost, but basivcally the Energi models have different battery packs, longer electric only range, and of course"plug in" capability, will be interesting to see the $ difference and the cost/ benefit comparison tables when data is released....

That's a good quesrtion and I was pondering that myself. I'm assuming the parts and supply for the last generation are already factored in. I would hope that plug-in would be the way forward because it simply makes sense. You top up the tank once in a while and plug-in when you get home at night. Just spit-balling here.

That's a good quesrtion and I was pondering that myself. I'm assuming the parts and supply for the last generation are already factored in. I would hope that plug-in would be the way forward because it simply makes sense. You top up the tank once in a while and plug-in when you get home at night. Just spit-balling here.

I mean, Im not sure I see the need for both, since no doubt both will be in limited supply...so then what?..."Mr Customer this is the hybrid it does this this and this, now for an extra $3000 more this is the Energi and for the additional money you can go a little futher in pyre electric, and plug it in to charge the battery fully to give you that extra distance, other than that the cars operate pretty much the same....oh, and did i mention the charging station available from Best Buy?..... :confused:

Orthography, like language itself is very fluid.

Are you making fun of people for using a serial comma, or are you making fun of people who don't use a serial comma? Because that's something that's changed within the last 15 years. Serial commas are now incredibly passé among all the smart set.

Edited by RichardJensen

Do you make fun of people who live in Peru (pay-roo) Illinois? Cairo (Kay-row) Illinois? New Madrid (with a long a)? And which way should we be pronouncing Houston? House-ton as in New York, or Hughs-ton as in Texas?

Was Pittsburg a misspelling of Pittsburgh?

What about Qadaffi? Gadaffi? Kadaffy?

Beijing vs. Peking. Should we start calling those annoying little dogs Beijingese?

Edited by RichardJensen

I mean, Im not sure I see the need for both, since no doubt both will be in limited supply...so then what?..."Mr Customer this is the hybrid it does this this and this, now for an extra $3000 more this is the Energi and for the additional money you can go a little futher in pyre electric, and plug it in to charge the battery fully to give you that extra distance, other than that the cars operate pretty much the same....oh, and did i mention the charging station available from Best Buy?..... :confused:

Just what I need....another product to plug into the fricking wall socket, or change the batteries on. I think I'll keep with highly evolved internal combustion engine that gets good fuel mileage and doesn't require expensive batteries and plugging into wall socket. Low ambient temps and batteries don't mix very well either making it even more of a challenge. I even hate my cordless drill and use my corded drill more and more. Hate batteries.

I mock Infiniti, the Chevy Cruze, and the Pontiac Aztek for it too. It's a lame trend.

Hey, the Aztek is now a collector car and has quite a following. I see them all the time with bikes in back standing upright or out camping or taking dogs to park for walk. Their owners seem to love them in endearing way and use them in lots of useful ways. Who would have thought that when they first came out and skewered as worst GM idea ever? Bet it sells well on used car market.