2013 Lincoln MKT World Debut

Thar she blows!

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/17/2013-lincoln-mkt-shows-its-toothier-grin/

13lincolnmkt02hr-opt.jpg

The MKT also receives several ride and handling enhancements for 2013, including Continuously Controlled Damping. The system, which is available only on EcoBoost-equipped MKT models, utilizes 46 inputs to feed data to a control unit that monitors 23,000 packets of information per second. This data is calculated 500 times per second, which helps adjust optimal damping force in only 11 milliseconds.
Edited by BORG

Definitely an improvement. The front end now isn't offensive anymore and if anything looks somewhat good. However the rear end (the problem I have had with it all along) needs a massive rethink, I am surprised they didn't even touch it...the light bar on the back is simply atrocious and emphasizes the terrible proportions of the rear.

The MKT needed a bit more money to fund its renovation, they could have done wonders if they updated all the metal forward of the A-pillar and the liftgate. Heck, they didn't even update the headlamps, which is very unusual in an MCE...infact I can't recall a Ford MCE that didn't involve new lamps. Ah well, it is an improvement but I definitely think the Flex is a more successful update.

I would really like to see Ford fast-track a 2013 MKX update to bring it into the new style...otherwise it's going to be awhile before it fits in. Besides, I have selfish reasons to see something fresh for the 2013MY :)

Edited by BORG

I would really like to see Ford fast-track a 2013 MKX update to bring it into the new style...otherwise it's going to be awhile before it fits in. Besides, I have selfish reasons to see something fresh for the 2013MY :)

Well the 2013 MKX (and Edge) go into production in early Feb 2012 so we'll see....

Well the 2013 MKX (and Edge) go into production in early Feb 2012 so we'll see....

Oh I know it's not going to happen for 2013. Why is production starting so early?

But still worse.

Agreed, none of these super-wagons are MKT ugly.