World 2012 Ranger why not here FORD ????

gafry

Yes and adding to that, Ford NA then has four years to get F150, F250 sorted out in terms of overlap, weight and size.

Another excellent point (Although I thought I had made it some where else :shades: )

Perhaps federalizing I-5 diesel for Transit eases its path into F150 giving a big jump in fuel economy numbers while keeping that 350 lb ft of torque, if that's the case look for around 30% improvement in fuel economy over the 5.0 V8.

Despite all of the rhetoric, I don't think a diesel would sell well in an F150. The initial cost, plus a 20-30% "penalty" on the fuel cost, plus urea. They are "grocery getters". They rarely see anything in the bed,

Fingers crossed Ford keeps bringing efficiency and technology to the most buyers......Wild card: 2.7 V6 Ecoboost?

Now that would be interesting in a P375 !

Another excellent point (Although I thought I had made it some where else :shades: )

All, credit to you for the initial idea, I just keep piling on for the benefit of those reading for the first time.

Despite all of the rhetoric, I don't think a diesel would sell well in an F150. The initial cost, plus a 20-30% "penalty" on the fuel cost, plus urea. They are "grocery getters". They rarely see anything in the bed,

Diesel would be more use to fleets/work trucks and of course Transit....so mabe not quite right for this sector?

Mind you, never underestimate the psychology of buyers, 28 mpg diesel might just be the perfect marketing hook...

(2.7 V6 EB) Now that would be interesting in a P375 !

Yes, I have a feeling that an engine like that would be a much better fit for the likes of F150,

I hear Job 1 for next F150 is now June 2014, so clearly Ford will need something to keep

this F150 fresh until then, maybe a goood engine option below EB 3.5 will do the trick

more than the 3.7 V6...just that thought...

Edited by jpd80

Yes and adding to that, Ford NA then has four years to get F150, F250 sorted out in terms of overlap, weight and size.

I'm very interested to see what changes FNA has made for the 2014 F150, I have a feeling it will shake up the market...

Perhaps federalizing I-5 diesel for Transit eases its path into F150 giving a big jump in fuel economy numbers while

keeping that 350 lb ft of torque, if that's the case look for around 30% improvement in fuel economy over the 5.0 V8.

Fingers crossed Ford keeps bringing efficiency and technology to the most buyers......Wild card: 2.7 V6 Ecoboost?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZZCT7wqW64&feature=related

Best part:

the_man_pedal_tshirt-p235442988664810234zval7_400.jpg

Real trucks are available with manual transmissions. Sorry, F-150.

I know I dont post much here guys, but, according to some insiders Ford is taking a second look at bringing the ranger here. There has been enough outcry apparently to have management try to find a viable way to bring it. I am not saying they are bringing it, but I guess it is being re-looked at. Just what I heard.....BTW, you will be amazed by the new F-150.

I know I dont post much here guys, but, according to some insiders Ford is taking a second look at bringing the ranger here. There has been enough outcry apparently to have management try to find a viable way to bring it. I am not saying they are bringing it, but I guess it is being re-looked at. Just what I heard.....BTW, you will be amazed by the new F-150.

Hmm, sounds like Ford might be thinking that T6 Ranger and new F150 could be sold on the showroom without too much conflict....

Depends on which direction the F-150 goes.

I'm sure many prefer the block-style of the current F-150, while I prefer the more rounded look of the 97-04. (except for the ovoid theme of the dash)

If they were to downsize the current F-150, and possibly soften the edges a bit (to a less "contractor" look), the need for the more homeowner-friendly T6 is less.

But if they did do that with the F-150, I would be amazed.

Will the new F-150 amaze enthusiasts with an optional manual transmission? Or will it amaze homeowners by downsizing enough that the crew cab fits in a standard garage?

I dont want to say to many specifics, but it should be another 25% in fuel mileage (on top of the top mileage now). One thing I can say is that Ford is having technical difficulties with the new design......lets just say it has not been done on this scale before. I would love to blab, but someone close to me is at stake. And no, I have heard nothing of the manual transmission. While I am at it I might as well say that ford is NOT looking at a tandem axle 750, Its a dream......and thats it. But this information is now, not 6 months when markets might change.

My updates only come 2-3 times a year. Thats when I get my info.....I know someone somewhere. While this person is vague, they do give me specifics in certain subjects like gas mileage etc.......

How about this......Ford didn't think they could break the 40,000 units on the Bronco...thats why we don't have one. I was told "it has to be a platform that produces a 100,000 units".

Chew on that for now....lol

Edited by groundassault

I dont want to say to many specifics, but it should be another 25% in fuel mileage (on top of the top mileage now). One thing I can say is that Ford is having technical difficulties with the new design......lets just say it has not been done on this scale before. I would love to blab, but someone close to me is at stake. And no, I have heard nothing of the manual transmission. While I am at it I might as well say that ford is NOT looking at a tandem axle 750, Its a dream......and thats it. But this information is now, not 6 months when markets might change.

My updates only come 2-3 times a year. Thats when I get my info.....I know someone somewhere. While this person is vague, they do give me specifics in certain subjects like gas mileage etc.......

How about this......Ford didn't think they could break the 40,000 units on the Bronco...thats why we don't have one. I was told "it has to be a platform that produces a 100,000 units".

I don't know who you are strange internet man with awesome amazing insider knowledge and no sources to back it up, but that makes me sad.

:(

So is it true the next Territory will be built off the T6 platform? Why couldn't Ford rebadge that as a US spec Bronco? What's one more capable SUV when you already have 500 incapable variations? :banghead:

So is it true the next Territory will be built off the T6 platform? Why couldn't Ford rebadge that as a US spec Bronco? What's one more capable SUV when you already have 500 incapable variations? :banghead:

Remember, these are Ford marketing people we're talking about. The same ones that predicted 100k+ annual Flex sales :hysterical:

That said, a low volume, high profit niche vehicle like the Wrangler/Bronco concept only makes sense if you can base it on shared architecture. Building T6 derivatives in one of the Mexican plants would allow Ford to cover all of North America with Ranger, Everest, and Bronco.

Probowler----I wish I could reveal my source....I would love to tell you guys....but I don't want to put anyone's job in jeopardy. If I seem like I don't know what I am talking about, or someone does not like it....tell me to shut up and I will go away.....just saying :shades:

GTWannabe- Your right, the wrangler consistently breaks the 70,000 mark even before the JK and they only had the TJ. The marketing people that do the projections and thats where a lot of model decision comes from. I wish they would bring the everest here.....

blksn8k2-I will find out more in the spring summer, i can ask about that then.

Dont feel too bad...if the Bronco can be built with something else that sells a total of 100K plus...we'll see something...

That 100K/year figure can also vary widely depending on how much buyers are prepared to pay.

Times change, people's interests and perception of value changes, hope springs eternal...

I was just watching a youtube video of the new 4x4 T6 Ranger's undercarriage. Appears to be up on a lift in a dealer's service bay. Surprised to see that it has a torsion bar front suspension which is similar to the last US spec 4x4 Ranger. I would have expected a more modern coil-over design although the torsion bar design is probably more durable. Also, the rear axle does not appear to be the same tried and true 8.8" differential that we are used to seeing under a truck of this size. It does appear to be more like the old 9" Ford style with it's removable center section. I assume that is one of the reasons the truck can be rated as a 1-ton as this style axle housing should be much stronger than an 8.8 for heavy payloads. I suppose this axle could be part of an optional higher load rated package and may not be used on lighter duty models. Overall it looks pretty stout under there which makes sense when you consider the intended markets.

I was just watching a youtube video of the new 4x4 T6 Ranger's undercarriage. Appears to be up on a lift in a dealer's service bay. Surprised to see that it has a torsion bar front suspension which is similar to the last US spec 4x4 Ranger. I would have expected a more modern coil-over design although the torsion bar design is probably more durable. Also, the rear axle does not appear to be the same tried and true 8.8" differential that we are used to seeing under a truck of this size. It does appear to be more like the old 9" Ford style with it's removable center section. I assume that is one of the reasons the truck can be rated as a 1-ton as this style axle housing should be much stronger than an 8.8 for heavy payloads. I suppose this axle could be part of an optional higher load rated package and may not be used on lighter duty models. Overall it looks pretty stout under there which makes sense when you consider the intended markets.

I don't think that's a T6. Fuel filler door is on the wrong side. New Ranger pulling the old International model:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oG-zn5CiDQ&feature=related

No torsion bars:

T6_Ford_Ranger_7_CA-625x468.jpg

Edited by GTwannabe

Dont feel too bad...if the Bronco can be built with something else that sells a total of 100K plus...we'll see something...

That 100K/year figure can also vary widely depending on how much buyers are prepared to pay.

Times change, people's interests and perception of value changes, hope springs eternal...

Yeah, that's what I kinda thought I was reading! Definitely cool to hear that the Bronco might still be on Ford's mind.

My girlfriends father has one of the 4-door wranglers, while I prefer the 2 doors it's pretty nice, the only reason I don't consider owning one is because of the 96 bronco in my driveway, and the hope that there will be a new bronco someday :shift:

Ford has that Troller that drives through floods..;. if they can incorporate that toughness and capability into a new bronco and properly advertise it, I'm sure they can make a Jeep Killer!

I've been to a dealership here in Australia and can confirm that the front suspension is double wishbone with coils.

Sounds like a great truck for the USA Ranger fans. Bring it on Ford.

More awesomeness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9safLM6exQ

Try that in an F-150 and your ingeniously bottom-mounted alternator will die a quick death. During the recent hurricanes, I passed more than a few stranded F-150's by shallow flooded roads that my little B3000 easily traversed.

• Like 1

Sounds like a great truck for the USA Ranger fans. Bring it on Ford.

Oh yeah, bring it on Ford. Thanks to all that keep these posts going. Ford MUST bring either the T-6 or something similar to the US market soon. And the idea of a new Bronco off that chassis has me excited. As much as I love my Ranger, a new Bronco that is right-sized, powered right is exciting. There is pent-up demand here, Ford.

We don't do much off-roading but might like to again. Had a 1982 Bronco with quad-shock system on it and open differentials, manual tranny, in-line Six. It would go most anywhere and get good gas mileage. Always regretted the open diffs. Got traded for a 1985 F-150 5.0, manual with L/S rear. Drove that one forever.

Anyway, we have late model F-150's and Rangers. They are good vehicles. I will not buy another F-150 in its current over-bloated state. Ford needs an option for those of us wondering what we'll buy next.

Hanging on and hoping we don't have to make that decision soon with nothing at the Ford store that is of interest.

Just to let you people know what a POS the Ranger is. I am in the car-RV business. We are currently repairing a 03 Ranger. It has a broken throttle cable. Well guess what? Ford doesnt have one and neither does any Auto Parts store. So we have to find one at a wrecking yard or online. Ford offered the Ranger with a series of antique engines to consumers, while its heavy SUV and F-series lines got the big money for development. Ford and America NEEDS a real and efficient small truck, its time for Ford management to get in touch with consumers out there and give us one.

Thanks,

Illinois Lemon Law