2013 Dodge Dart

Anthony

That's where the Edge kinda fails me. Ending in an abrupt "D" to a vowel makes some lazy enough to say it as an elongated word: "Fordedge"

Yeah, I can see that.

On another unrelated note: Aftering buying my Edge, I've realized how few people out there even know what one is just by name. I tell people "I have an Edge" and they say "a what?" Since the launch and the silly "I like to live on the Edge" and "Quieter than an X5" ads, Ford really hasn't done a ton of advertising for the thing. It seems to be a sales success in spite of its adertising of late, not because of it.

Of all the names Dodge had in its repertoire, they decided to revive DART?? :nonono:

It certainly is a great looking car....but I am sick and tired of Automakers reviving old names for no reason at all and ruining them.

Cougar

Impala

Dart

etc.

Thank God Ford decided on Flex rather than Fairlane. Resist the urge I say.

And props to Dodge for building it right here in the US of A. Nice of 'em to support the home team.

Edited by Boss444

The Dart predates me, and I'm 30-something....I don't think it matters because nobody is aware or remembers the original. The name actually works for modern marketing purposes, you even have alliteration (Ford Focus, Chevy Cruze, Dodge Dart)

It's a looker, I've seen them running around Auburn Hills for the past 2 months.

Edited by BORG

Dodge Dart Spy Pic

dodge-hornet-630.jpg

I have no problem with them using Dart. Most people in the market for this kind of car probably weren't born before the last Dart rolled off the assembly line.

Already not liking it. While in the original post, I'm not a huge fan of the Charger front clip & tails look, it's liveable. But seeing the side, and how drastically it slopes up on the side, with that crease making the effect even more dramatic, I'm not feeling the car on an appeal standpoint.

While the Focus has a similar up slope design, it doesn't appear to be nearly as drastic and the execution of this design is much cleaner on the Focus. I'll have to wait to make a better judgement when the production model is released. I think the Focus is and will be a much more appealing car, at least in style.

Edited by V8-X

The name Dart is fine to me - especially for a car in this segment. If they were going to do a link back to Heritage, what would you have them do? Coronet? Diplomat? Omni?

I barely remember the Dart name....Omni would have been pretty cool though...LOL

Hopefully they don't reuse the name Duster in another product LOL

Already not liking it. While in the original post, I'm not a huge fan of the Charger front clip & tails look, it's liveable. But seeing the side, and how drastically it slopes up on the side, with that crease making the effect even more dramatic, I'm not feeling the car on an appeal standpoint.

While the Focus has a similar up slope design, it doesn't appear to be nearly as drastic and the execution of this design is much cleaner on the Focus. I'll have to wait to make a better judgement when the production model is released. I think the Focus is and will be a much more appealing car, at least in style.

I agree... the Dart's sharply raked profile line reminds me of the Fiesta sedan, which shares a similarly awkward trait. The line terminates at the rear quarter at a point which is actually higher than the decklid, making the trunk look disproportionate and giving an odd ducktail effect. This same issue plagues the Fiesta in sedan form.

Like the Fiesta, I'm guessing the Dart would look immensely better as a hatchback. But wasn't the hatchback coming as a Chrysler-branded model?

0912_09_z+2011_ford_fiesta_sedan+front_three_quarters_view.jpg

• Like 1