2013 Escape ordering guide released

sorry, its on a secure Ford site...

I see. Well that explains things then.

Can you let us know if you are able to get the backup camera as a standalone option without the $1k parking package? You'd think that would be a standard feature on the Titanium trim level. My girlfriend really wants that on our next vehicle but I'm not sure I'll use the self parking feature enough to justify the cost of the package.

Thanks!

I see. Well that explains things then.

Can you let us know if you are able to get the backup camera as a standalone option without the $1k parking package? You'd think that would be a standard feature on the Titanium trim level. My girlfriend really wants that on our next vehicle but I'm not sure I'll use the self parking feature enough to justify the cost of the package.

Thanks!

part of the Parking technology Package ( 66P ) lowest line model its avail in is the SEL 302a package, package includes Auto Park, BLIS, Rain Sensing wipers, Front Park assist, rear camera and rear Park assist....so its not a stand alone option, but your bumpers should remain blemish free....its even optional on the titanium models....you should know aftermarket ( Classic Soft Trim ) can install a backup Camera Mirror though...includes a color camera and compass...

Edited by Deanh

part of the Parking technology Package ( 66P ) lowest line model its avail in is the SEL 302a package, package includes Auto Park, BLIS, Rain Sensing wipers, Front Park assist, rear camera and rear Park assist....so its not a stand alone option, but your bumpers should remain blemish free....its even optional on the titanium models....you should know aftermarket ( Classic Soft Trim ) can install a backup Camera Mirror though...includes a color camera and compass...

Thanks a lot for the info. Who am I kidding, I might as well just bite the bullet and just get one loaded. Nothing worse than post-purchase regret (well except for maybe an empty bank account...) :shift:

Thanks a lot for the info. Who am I kidding, I might as well just bite the bullet and just get one loaded. Nothing worse than post-purchase regret (well except for maybe an empty bank account...) :shift:

well, based on what i seemingly witness on a semi daily basis, ANYTHING that assists people with parking is a BIG plus....my guess is they are Automatics as well......bwahahahahaha! :ohsnap:

well, based on what i seemingly witness on a semi daily basis, ANYTHING that assists people with parking is a BIG plus....my guess is they are Automatics as well......bwahahahahaha! :ohsnap:

No joke...last week I was filling out some paperwork in my car in a parking lot and this minivan parks next to me at about a 20 degree angle, about 6 inches away from me at the rear. I managed the squeeze out of the narrow door opening I had to politely ask her to be careful when she leaves to not hit my car. Her response was giving me a dirty look and muttering something under her breath in another language like it was my fault. Unbelievable! :censored:

Sorry, didn't mean to threadjack. Back to Escape discussion.

If more consumers were willing to buy manuals then Ford would offer them. Don't blame Ford because consumers won't buy them.

I understand what Ford is doing -

I had a fantastic '97 F-150 4x4 V8 with 5sp manual that I needed to sell when the kid arrived....Loved that truck! I had great difficulty selling it because of the manual trans. I had to take less than book value because nobody would touch a manual even here in Colorado where everyone drives trucks! Just because I loved it, doesn't mean everyone else does.

Edited by Kev-Mo

If more consumers were willing to buy manuals then Ford would offer them. Don't blame Ford because consumers won't buy them.

I am not blaming Ford Not blaming anyone! I am just sad for the disappearing of manual transmissions. Funny though I think if more people at least tried out driving a stick for a week more people might discover that they like them

I am not blaming Ford Not blaming anyone! I am just sad for the disappearing of manual transmissions. Funny though I think if more people at least tried out driving a stick for a week more people might discover that they like them

just to :stirpot: if more people drove manual transmissions I beleive driving as a whole would be safer.....

• Like 3

just to :stirpot: if more people drove manual transmissions I beleive driving as a whole would be safer.....

Now you're off your rocker! Whatever on earth are people going to steer with? They have to eat, drink, talk on their phone, apply makeup, and now shift with only two hands? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you're off your rocker! Whatever on earth are people going to steer with? They have to eat, drink, talk on their phone, apply makeup, and now shift with only two hands? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BINGO, winning numbers to the lotto are in the mail...an Auto trans has basically given people a free hand with which they can get up to all sorts of mischief with.........and I honestly think drivers of stick shifts are more at one with their car and the realities of driving, the again driving ti me isnt a daily chore.

• Like 2

Wow, I wasn't expecting the retail grades to be Ecoboost only. That's a serious bet on consumer acceptance of the 1.6 turbo.

From what I understand the 1.6L Ecoboost is supposed to put out better MPG numbers then the current Hybrid...if it does Ford won't have a problem of them collecting dust on the lots!

From what I understand the 1.6L Ecoboost is supposed to put out better MPG numbers then the current Hybrid...if it does Ford won't have a problem of them collecting dust on the lots!

Highway yes, but I don't think city. I believe Ford projects 33mpg highway with 1.6L EB and 24mpg city. In combined driving, probably pretty close. Wasn't the Escape hybrid something like 34mpg city and 29mpg highway?

Highway yes, but I don't think city. I believe Ford projects 33mpg highway with 1.6L EB and 24mpg city. In combined driving, probably pretty close. Wasn't the Escape hybrid something like 34mpg city and 29mpg highway?

The FWD Hybrid is 34/31

The 2.5L I4 puts down 28/21...so figuring a 5 MPG increase....the Hybrid still beats it by a bit...but then again you don't have to pay the Hybrid tax either...

Saw and sat in the new Escape at the auto show yesterday. Heard alot of good comments about the exterior styling, but some people commented it was small inside. I think it suffers the same as the Focus, where the dash makes it feel more cramped then it is.

They retained the SoundScreen front windshield from the previous model. The cloth/leather standard interior in the Titanium is nicer than expected. Still suprised the lower model SEL comes with standard full leather and it's option on Titanium, but it gives it a "sportier" look with the cloth I suppose.

Some of the pelimanary documentation from Ford said the grill shutters would'nt be on the 2.0L ecoboost, but the Titaniums there had the shutters, and it had the 2.0L since that engine is standard on Titanium.

The panaramic vista roof is very nice, and it doesn't have the middle roof pillar dividing it like in the edge and explorer. Very cool continuous opening.

The roof side rails are painted silver on Titanium, and black on all other models. This is one of the only visual apperance differences other than the 19" rims.

The wipers wipe from the center to the outside like the new Focus.

HID headlamps standard and exclusive to Titanium.

Standard 4 wheel disc brakes on all models.

Driver's knee airbag.

110 volt outlet at rear of console with cargo package option.

Hidden cubby hole in front of right rear seat and goes under passenger front seat for storage of small items. Nice touch.

None of them had the trailer tow package, I figure a low take rate since you can only get it on the 2.0L engine and it deletes the sensors for the hands free part of the liftgate on the higher trim levels.

Sony subwoofer is hidden behind left trim panel in cargo area.

BLIS system LED in mirrors like other Ford vehicles.

Keyless entry keypad on B-Pillar of drivers door is hidden better than other Ford's with this feature. You can usually see a slight bump on the others, but this one is really invisible when it's not lit.

Full power seat on driver's side, and power lumbar instead of knobs. No power anything on passenger seat at any trim level.

Nice cubbies beside driver and passenger seats for umbrellas.

Full lighted and dampened glove box! Ford has finally come full circle on this one!

Dislikes are:

The tire sizes are passenger car sidewall widths, especially the 45 series tire on Titanium. Continental tires on all models, which they aren't a great tire. But with the sizes there aren't many replacement brands out there right now.

You can't get the 1.6L ecoboost on Titanium

The floormats are the same puny size as in the Focus.

There isn't a driver footrest pad, just carpet.

You have to get the whole automated parking package to get the rear view camera. Should be standard on Titanium anyway.

Isn't much visual difference between SEL and Titanium.

But overall I really like the new Escape. I will probably be submitting my order as soon as they allow.

Edited by svtenthusiast