Mystery Ford Concept

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You tech buffs .. look at the fron wheel... based o nthe fron overhang ... is this FWD or RWD?

just a question - I just recently realizes the glaring difference in the overhang distribusion between RWD and FWD based cars ...

Igor

Edited by igor

You tech buffs .. look at the front wheel... based on the front overhang ... is this FWD or RWD?

just a question - I just recently realizes the glaring difference in the overhang distribution between RWD and FWD based cars ...

Igor

Definitely RWD! Comparing it to the Messenger concept, my guess would be a Mercury concept.

While looking at the pic more, I have to say I do not like the side - it is uninspired...

they should have gave the shoulder character line a curve - give it an upward slope from the front, and then curve is lightly further back ...

I would like that much more.

Igor

From leftlane news...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-content/plu...idg=1&idi=1

1-jul26-myst.jpg

To me, it looks like it could be a Lincoln Mustang...to the mk1 eyeball, it looks very similar to the Mustang wheel base...maybe even a Cougar?

By the looks of things, I would guess that it's a Mustang platform, with a Mercury body, and my 1996 Thunderbird's greenhouse. I would also guess either a Cougar or Lincoln Mark IX.

Guess you didnt notice the two guys working on it still :);):doh::finger::hysterical::hysterical:

but the line is defined and set and too straight for my tastes... I know they are still working it .. but the main character line is set ...

I think the bangle BMW's has an effect on my states - while I hate the complete vehicles, the introduction of curved lines to cars is interesting and appealing to me.

Igor

Edited by igor

http://www.autospies.com/news/EXCLUSIVE-Fo...er-brands-7140/

Tags: Aston Martin, Rapide, Ford, Concept, Lincoln, Jaguar

EXCLUSIVE: Ford to 'trickle-down' Aston Rapide design into other brands?

Without a doubt, the most beautiful car at the 2006 Detroit auto show was the Aston Martin Rapide concept.

Sources tell the Spies that Ford will trickle-down some of the key design elements to other future Ford vehicles like Jaguar's and Lincoln's using the Rapide's four door coupe design theme.

Pictured here is a clay model of a concept in development to be shown at a future auto show.

Our Spies say it's a new Lincoln suicide door coupe concept that could bow in Los Angeles this November.

Igor

Edited by igor

I laugh everytime i see a ford concept, i mean seriously how does a company produe the most amazing concept vehicles and then give pure shit for products and utilize 0 aspects of the concepts? You'd never think they were the same company who produces the concepts and production cars.

I laugh everytime i see a ford concept, i mean seriously how does a company produe the most amazing concept vehicles and then give pure shit for products and utilize 0 aspects of the concepts? You'd never think they were the same company who produces the concepts and production cars.

Yeah, the Mustang didn't see production...nor the GT500 version...

...the "Triton" and "Tonka" truck concepts haven't related to production models at all (cough)...

...the Ford GT concept didn't go anywhere...

...the Freestyle didn't happen...

...and the 427 (which is underwhelming in person, IMO) hasn't affected the styling of anything, particularly the Fusion.

I guess I should clarify that the above is sarcasm...it's obvious some might be confused.

"the introduction of curved lines to cars is interesting and appealing"

CAD has dramatically reduced the cost of dies with compound curves, so we get the BMW Z-5 or whatever they call it, and the new 5 series.

The problem with this is that a) the shape can easily look really busy, like the Crossfire, for example, or B) real-world compromises like door opening gaps and seams that fight with the wonderful 3D shape like around the A pillar side of the BMW roadster.

One interesting thing about the clay mock-up is the distance between the back of the front wheel cut-out and the A pillar. Perspective is challenging, but it appears longer than the Mustang.

Supposedly Ford stated that they aren't going to waste money on concepts that wouldn't go anywhere.

Let's see if thats true.

To me it looks like a bigger reflect with a previous Tbird greenhouse. I welcome this if it were for Lincoln, or Mercury for that matter... It's needed.

judging by the length of the side-glass, 4 doors (maybe suicidal).

looks like it would float pretty well, nice bow-shaped frontend. Maybe a new amphlicar boldly taking Ford into a new market segment?

Edited by Sizzler

judging by the length of the side-glass, 4 doors (maybe suicidal).

looks like it would float pretty well, nice bow-shaped frontend. Maybe a new amphlicar boldly taking Ford into a new market segment?

Sounds like 4 doors:

Without a doubt, the most beautiful car at the 2006 Detroit auto show was the Aston Martin Rapide concept. Sources tell the Spies that Ford will trickle-down some of the key design elements to other future Ford vehicles like Jaguar's and Lincoln's using the Rapide's four door coupe design theme.