2013 Lincoln MKZ build site up!

My only issue is, is it really a $53K car? I mean, that sucker better be able to run loops with the best of the luxury crowd if they are expecting to charge that much for it. My last LS was $52K and i paid substantially less. The MKX was also $51K and I paid substantially less, I do feel the MKX feels like a $41-45, certainly not $52. Pretty soon the MKS will be pushing $70K, yet feeling like $45K, my point, a luxury price tag make not a luxury car, so this MKZ better be a Coke with ice in the middle of the desert when it debuts.

Those 19" 10-spoke flit grey rims are really nice and should give it a very sporty look in the red coat.

Lincoln Dynamic Control is standard across the line and appears to be better than, and more adaptive than the similar German setups to harsher road conditions and body roll, at least according to Motor Trend and Automobile Mag:

The MKS certainly puts the Mercedes on the trailer acceleration-wise, and in sport mode its body is more tightly controlled than either of the others

Around a hilly, winding route at Ford's Michigan Proving Ground, the MKS managed big, gentle dips and bumps with more stability and recovered quicker than an Audi A6 and Mercedes-Benz E350.

Granted, this was in a bloated MKS with AWD, so the difference should be even more tangible in the much lighter Z if they're programmed the same. I wonder how well it would handle with "sportier" all-seasons or some entry-level summer tires.

I built a Ruby Red Reserve with the 3.7L engine, 19" 10-spoke rims, AWD, and Tech Pkg - $46,640. Would be nice to see what the 2.7L Ecoboost and 8-speed auto will cost

• 2 weeks later...

I priced the 2013 MKZ Preferred Hybrid, loaded, at MSRP $47,365., and w/CA tax & Lic, it comes to $51,422. The site does say the prices listed may not be accurate. Let's hope they come out lower.

I have a couple of questions: what does 'late Fall' mean for the release date? And why is the MKZ the only Lincoln Hybrid?

I have a couple of questions: what does 'late Fall' mean for the release date? And why is the MKZ the only Lincoln Hybrid?

Late fall means they don't have a set date. I think job 1 is October so they probably won't start arriving on dealer lots until late November at the earliest.

Which other Lincoln vehicle has a hybrid drivetrain available? We don't have a hybrid Edge, Taurus, Expedition or Flex so there is no hybrid MKX, MKS, Navigator or MKT. I would expect a C sized Lincoln to offer a hybrid but it's not out yet.

"Leather Trimmed Seating Surface" is vinyl on the back and lower portions, Leather on the stuff you see and touch.........It's SOP since at least 1969 as was my 69 Cougar XR-7! Actually back then, on the back seat, only the very top section was leather.

This. Kirby, all respect, but you're misinterpreting the terminology. A leather-trimmed seat has pleather (or vinyl) on the seatback (facing the rear seats), the lower part of the seat (the vertical portions of the seat bottom) and other trim locations. Basically, it's leather wherever the seats touches you.

This. Kirby, all respect, but you're misinterpreting the terminology. A leather-trimmed seat has pleather (or vinyl) on the seatback (facing the rear seats), the lower part of the seat (the vertical portions of the seat bottom) and other trim locations. Basically, it's leather wherever the seats touches you.

One of the pictures on the site did indeed say cloth, though. But I think it was wrong, probably taken from the Fusion site or something...

One of the pictures on the site did indeed say cloth, though. But I think it was wrong, probably taken from the Fusion site or something...

That is what had me concerned, not the "leather trimmed" comment. But obviously it was a mistake.

I saw that too. Charcoal Cloth in the base MKZ.....it wasn't on there before......and gone now.

Edited by timmm55

It looks like the MKZ option pricing has dropped a bit, it now tops off around $50k instead of $53k.

Well that seems more in line with the 2012 model without discounts,

maybe fears or perceptions of price rises have to be balanced against features and options.

Well that seems more in line with the 2012 model without discounts,

maybe fears or perceptions of price rises have to be balanced against features and options.

More likely, they were still weighing the prices in order to maximize profits. Pricing one option too high will lower the take rate considerably which will chomp into profit margins. The early build-and-price sites are typically used to gauge how the public is likely to equip the vehicle if they were to shop for one. Based on what I remember of other previous early version of Ford built-and-price sites the final prices are almost always lower than what the original site suggests.

Edited by NickF1011