MyFord Touch is Still Not Right for 2013

I was hoping the MFT in my 2013 Escape would be free of bugs, alas it is not. I am patient and willing to put up with minor nuisance issues, but the unit in my 2013 has more bugs than the unit in my 2012 Focus. Here are the problems I'm having:

-Today I noticed that my second iPod/usb port was not recognized, I switched the iPods and the #2 port still did not show on the screen

-Twice when listening to FM, suddenly it goes silent and switches to usb

-The frequency numbers on the presets disappeared one day, I re-entered them this morning but the system would not accept some of the entries and the selection was moving from FM 1 to FM 2 as I was entering the stations

-The system turns itself on upon start up after I shut the system off

-The frequency numbers don't display when the station is not HD

-When I attempted to shut down the system before leaving the car (the electrical system was still on within the 10 min delay) the system would not turn off when I pressed the on/off button. I opened the door and the system stayed on for 10-12 seconds before shutting down.

-Three times the clock has displayed the wrong time, including today which made me way too early for work.

When I get home tonight I am going to try a fuse pull, which customers should not have to do to temporarily solve software problems. Damit Ford, I'm a loyal customer, but you need to get your s#!t together on this!

How did this happen?

I work 10:30 to 18:30 and I have wiggle room in the morning so I ran an errand before work, was going to make a second stop but looked at the clock and "oh s#!t, I'm going to be late", got to work, logged into my computer, looked at the clock, went back to my car, reset the clock and got ticked off about MFT.

I work 10:30 to 18:30 and I have wiggle room in the morning so I ran an errand before work, was going to make a second stop but looked at the clock and "oh s#!t, I'm going to be late", got to work, logged into my computer, looked at the clock, went back to my car, reset the clock and got ticked off about MFT.

Ah. I had this vision of you, with no clocks in your house, not knowing what time it was until you got in the Escape. Or sleeping in same.

I don't mean to laugh at your misfortune, but I had to :lol: at this.

I have hadsome weird issues as well in my 2013 escape.I set the time when I first bought it, but the next day the time was way off. I also have encountered an issue with the radio. It sometimes loses audio for a few seconds then comes back. At first I thought it was the radio station, but it did it again when I was listening to serius.

I have hadsome weird issues as well in my 2013 escape.I set the time when I first bought it, but the next day the time was way off. I also have encountered an issue with the radio. It sometimes loses audio for a few seconds then comes back. At first I thought it was the radio station, but it did it again when I was listening to serius.

Rumor has it a new software release was just put out but I have not confirmed it.

Mine was flawless for the first few weeks but hasn't been recently. It has now black screened on me twice - one time I had to turn off the car before it came back. The other time, it came back up after a few minutes. My clock has also forgotten the time after both black screens. It also lost the time earlier this week with no apparent malfunction. It's occasionally slow to respond, which can be annoying if you hit the power button on the radio to talk to someone at a drive through and it keeps on playing. Overall I like the system, but it definitely still needs some love.

I was hoping the MFT in my 2013 Escape would be free of bugs, alas it is not. I am patient and willing to put up with minor nuisance issues, but the unit in my 2013 has more bugs than the unit in my 2012 Focus. Here are the problems I'm having:

-Today I noticed that my second iPod/usb port was not recognized, I switched the iPods and the #2 port still did not show on the screen

-Twice when listening to FM, suddenly it goes silent and switches to usb

-The frequency numbers on the presets disappeared one day, I re-entered them this morning but the system would not accept some of the entries and the selection was moving from FM 1 to FM 2 as I was entering the stations

-The system turns itself on upon start up after I shut the system off

-The frequency numbers don't display when the station is not HD

-When I attempted to shut down the system before leaving the car (the electrical system was still on within the 10 min delay) the system would not turn off when I pressed the on/off button. I opened the door and the system stayed on for 10-12 seconds before shutting down.

-Three times the clock has displayed the wrong time, including today which made me way too early for work.

When I get home tonight I am going to try a fuse pull, which customers should not have to do to temporarily solve software problems. Damit Ford, I'm a loyal customer, but you need to get your s#!t together on this!

you should have paid MSRP....( kidding ) sorry about the issues, I dont rightfully know if there has been any updates, but you may wish to check...MOST ANNOYING.....let us know if the fuse pull works....

I've had some of these issues as well, but none of them are crippling. It's still the buggiest piece of consumer tech I've ever used, but MUCH better than the complete disaster that preceded it.

Edited by BORG

I would consider all these issues a minor nuisance if it wasn't for the fact that it seems nothing has really changed since it was launched. It ticks me off that the bugs still persist. If any of my other electronic devices were this buggy, I'd take them back for a refund. Unfortunetly, we can't take our cars back for a refund for a radio and I'm beginning to think Ford knows this and that's why they keep putting this problematic system out there.

I have the 3.0.2 version. I pulled the fuse, waited for 5 minutes and on start-up none of the presets displayed. I toggled to FM2 and FM3 and the presets were displayed there and when I toggled back to FM1 all the presets were showing. :headscratch: It did recognize my second iPod after the fuse pull. I was surprised it didn't perform a system maintenance reboot. We'll see how long it holds.

Are you implying that nothing has changed since the original version of MFT back in late 2010?

No, bad choice of words. The only thing I can compare it to is my 2012 Focus. I had what I thought was a pretty good working system in my Focus, compared to what I was reading from others here and especially on the Focus Fanatics forum, but I learned to live with it until the update was released. This is supposed to be the updated version from the get go and it's still has problems, at least mine does. If it was the MFT that affected the JD Power ratings, no changes to the OS isn't going to help when the next survey is released. My Escape is a great car with a crappy radio.

So you think that Ford's attitude toward MFT is summed up as: "Screw 'em, where else are they going to go"?

I hope not, because there are a lot of places non loyal Ford buyers will go. What I meant is Ford knows it's buggy, it doesn't prevent owners from using the system, it's just a minor inconvienience when it doesn't work as designed. Some will accept the problems because they don't understand how it's supposed to work and there will be those who will raise hell, I fall in between. Ford will keep putting a buggy system out there because they've made a committment to this technology and they will keep offering updates until someone finally gets it right.

No, bad choice of words. The only thing I can compare it to is my 2012 Focus. I had what I thought was a pretty good working system in my Focus, compared to what I was reading from others here and especially on the Focus Fanatics forum, but I learned to live with it until the update was released. This is supposed to be the updated version from the get go and it's still has problems, at least mine does. If it was the MFT that affected the JD Power ratings, no changes to the OS isn't going to help when the next survey is released. My Escape is a great car with a crappy radio.

I have to believe there are bad or at least flaky APIMs out there causing problems for certain owners. It just doesn't make sense that the same software has such a wide range of bugs/no bugs in the same vehicle with different owners.

I have to believe there are bad or at least flaky APIMs out there causing problems for certain owners. It just doesn't make sense that the same software has such a wide range of bugs/no bugs in the same vehicle with different owners.

I agree. How can the quality of these APIM's be so inconsistant. Like I said, the system in my Focus worked OK, much better than the system in my Escape.

I've been doing a fuse pull for 18 months and just have SYNC only. According to Ford new software for my system should be out soon, but that was 6 months ago. :banghead:

Thats werid...my GF's 2010 Escape has been more or less flawless besides it wanting to play through bluetooth vs USB Accessory port on my iPhone...till I figured out to select that on the iPhone itself