Fiesta ST Gets US go ahead?

I doubt there is enough interest here for a premium sporty Fiesta.

You're getting old Borg! B)

There is plenty of people looking for a sporty small car. There are a lot of younger (<30 years old) people who want a small car that handles well and gets great milage, similar to the civic and crx si models of the late 80's, early 90's. Start it at 19K and it will sell.

You're getting old Borg! B)

There is plenty of people looking for a sporty small car. There are a lot of younger (<30 years old) people who want a small car that handles well and gets great milage, similar to the civic and crx si models of the late 80's, early 90's. Start it at 19K and it will sell.

Well, I think the Focus ST can pull it off, but the Fiesta is not a tremendously popular car in the US to begin with, even in it's segment and target market. It might be wise to bring it over as a showroom piece of the Fiesta brand to raise its street-cred, but that's not how Ford typically does business.

Well, I think the Focus ST can pull it off, but the Fiesta is not a tremendously popular car in the US to begin with, even in it's segment and target market. It might be wise to bring it over as a showroom piece of the Fiesta brand to raise its street-cred, but that's not how Ford typically does business.

Oh come on. It's not like the Fiesta is flopping here. It's solidly mid-pack in the B-segment at worst.

• Like 1

I'd just like to see a Fiesta "LX" with a 1.6 EB but without the add-on appearance pieces and other mandatory upgrades that up the price. They could still offer an ST model with a litte more edge for those that want the look as well. Ford has been offering the EB engines ala carte in other lines without designating them as a specific performance models.

I doubt there is enough interest here for a premium sporty Fiesta.

It is a Trim level of an exsiting car, it take no more effort for ford to do it than it does to add a titanium version of the fiesta.

the fiesta ST could do alot to raise the ASP of the fiesta,

B-Max starts at $20K (would it be cheaper if made in Mexico?)........add the other goodies and it'll be more than a Focus ST.

why would it star at 20k? I would expect it to be a $3000-$4000 premium over the fiesta. which would equal 17,000-18000 dollar price point. the fiesta starts 14k.

You guy are overthinking this product it is not about attracting the CUV buyer and more about attracting the C-car buyer or empty nester looking to downsize. none of these buyers are looking exclusively for AWD or a CUV for that matter.

the fiesta out sells the MKX 68,000 to the Mkx's 23,000 in 2011. globally ford sells over 600,000 fiestas. adding an incremental 6-5k of high ASP fiesta helps not hurts ford. it also helps set the solidify the fiesta's position as the drivers car of the B-car segment in north America. plus it doesn't cost much to do.

it use the same power pack that the Fusion does, there are economies of scale with that. the suspension peices much like alot of part on these global car will be imported from the most cost effective location. FOE has paid the cost for developing these components and FNA will purchase those parts from them increasing volume and reducing cost.

again 60% of the cost of a car in or around the powerpack

Ford has gotten very good at altering the color of interior parts at little to no cost, and there is no way chrome or brushed aluminum version of the basic part will double the cost of that part. the same thing goes for the bumpers it just plastic. as long as the stuff behind it doesn't change there isn't a large penalty for changing it.

why would it star at 20k? I would expect it to be a $3000-$4000 premium over the fiesta. which would equal 17,000-18000 dollar price point. the fiesta starts 14k.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-ford-b-max-first-drive-review

Specifications>

VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, front-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 5-door hatchback

BASE PRICE (U.K.): $20,400–$27,600

That's why I asked if it would be cheaper to build in Mexico.

http://www.caranddri...st-drive-review

Specifications>

VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, front-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 5-door hatchback

BASE PRICE (U.K.): $20,400–$27,600

That's why I asked if it would be cheaper to build in Mexico.

the prices in the EU include taxes, so much so that a fiesta starts at $16k for a base model with 60hp.

the fiesta also is far more barebones than the B-max

A fiesta equipped like a B-max would cost about $18 grand in the UK.

to put it more in perspective

in comparison to a base stripper model fiesta in the UK the B-max would cost 30% more. similarly equipped fiesta and B-max would cost 15% more.

in US number this would mean the B-max would start at about 17 grand, 1.3 X $13,200 or more likely 18 grand 1.15 X $16,000. even though I think a base model B-max could come in at 16,995, it would be a loss leader like the S models of the Focus and fiesta, meaning available on paper but rarely in stock. and the top of the line Titanum model would top out at 23k.

Edited by Biker16