Any guesses for the first 2013 Fusion review?

MineralstangGT

I'm looking forward to reading the reviews (hopefully I'll actually have mine by then and can come up with my own review). I'd be willing to bet though, in the first test it will come down to Honda Accord - much more refined, yada yada (especially from C&D) over the Fusion. Regardless, I have (2) 2010 Hybrids in the family and they've been fantastic cars. The only issue with them has been the front wheel bearings (on one of them) and a door handle. From a performance perspective though, these cars have delivered on the their promise and convinced the GM owner in me to punt and get a Ford. That means in the last 3 years, we will have gone from no fords in the family to a total of 5. Great Job here Ford! Keep it up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks for posting that video. He pretty much echos my impressions of the car so far. I have had to adapt my driving style to get the mileage I did, but for the most part, it hasn't been a chore to drive this way. I am pretty certain I have made the right choice :)

Reading comments from people that have already taken delivery of their Hybrid help to eliminate what little concerns I had about purchasing a vehicle that is getting bad press for the MPG.

• Like 1

The chart in this video pretty much matches the MPG I am seeing (Average 36), which I am very happy with. I bought my Fusion Hybrid with this order of priority: 1) Looks 2) adequate performance 3) Comfort 4) Safety 5) Mileage. Good MPG was a bonus I got.

I do question Ford's EPA strategy. I feel they would have sold just as many cars by stating the figures as 47 City, 41 Hwy and by stating how different equipment levels can affect mileage.

The chart in this video pretty much matches the MPG I am seeing (Average 36), which I am very happy with. I bought my Fusion Hybrid with this order of priority: 1) Looks 2) adequate performance 3) Comfort 4) Safety 5) Mileage. Good MPG was a bonus I got.

I do question Ford's EPA strategy. I feel they would have sold just as many cars by stating the figures as 47 City, 41 Hwy and by stating how different equipment levels can affect mileage.

They are REQUIRED BY LAW to post the EPA test results on the window sticker. If the EPA tests don't accurately represent the new hybrids then get the EPA to change them but don't blame Ford for following the law.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
That helps a lot. I would enjoy seeing the write up of their testing, if they post it. It may help others understand these parameters also. It's good to know Ford wasn't embellishing results, it was just the outcome of the testing regimen.

All of the test procedures are available on fueleconomy.gov and have been for quite some time. This is nothing new. Some people don't understand the test procedures. Some understand but just don't like it. And some are just going to gripe about something regardless.