Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

Here's the letter I drafted up. Did I miss anything before I send it?

Dear Mr. Alan Mullaly,

My name is --- ------- and I live in Brampton, Ontario Canada. I have ordered a brand new 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE fully loaded back on August 18th. I placed my order at one of your highest volume dealerships in Southern Ontario at Erinwood Ford. At the time of ordering my sales rep informed me that I can expect 10-12 weeks for delivery. Which is totally reasonable in my opinion since the car hasn't even launched yet. The 12 week mark would place me as delivered this week.

I have been researching this car since early June when I was looking at purchasing a Hybrid vehicle to replace my aging Mazda3. I even attended a Ford event in a near by city of Mississauga, to test drive the new Escape and Focus Electric. There was a 2013 Fusion there that we could sit in and look at (unfortunately not test drive). At this event I made my mind up to place an order for the new Fusion Hybrid.

I am a member of a online community for all the Ford vehicles called Blue Oval Forums. Located here: http://www.blueovalforums.com/. One of the members there has posted a letter that a dealership in the United States received about a fairly substantial delay in the shipment of Fusions. This is the letter that was posted:

To: All U.S. Ford Dealers

Subject: 2013 Fusion launch Update

2013 Fusions have begun to arrive at dealerships across the country and reaction to the car has been overwhelmingly positive from media and customers alike. We have already shipped over 25,000 Fusions with more shipping every day.

As you are aware, a number of vehicles have been produced but have not been released from the plant. In order to ensure a high quality launch, additional quality assurance practices are being implemented. This is resulting in increased timing from production to dealer delivery. We know you are anxious to receive your Fusions. I want to assure you the team is working diligently to get the vehicles delivered to you as quickly as possible. We estimate all the cars will be enroute by the end of December.

There are three categories of vehicles right now: 1) vehicles at Hermosillo 2) vehicles moving from Hermosillo to Flat Rock Assembly so we can accelerate the quality assurance process and 3) vehicles enroute to your dealership.

Many of you are seeing Fusions with ETA dates in "Vehicle Visibility" that have passed. Estimated Dealer Delivery dates (ETA's) update only when a vehicle moves from one place to another. We understand this can cause frustration as you try to plan for the vehicle arrivals. We are working on systems improvements that will provide a more accurate estimate of dealer ETA's.

We do not have the ability to offer priority shipping or specific release dates for vehicles at the plant or headed to Flat Rock. We are processing and shipping them as quickly as possible. For vehicles that have been built and released without being held, our Vehicle Visibility system will provide a delivery ETA. If a vehicle shows a "TBD" for a delivery date, it is likely at Flat Rock or at Hermosillo.

The Fusions delayed in the system will not negatively impact your future months' allocation. We have, and will, exclude "availability" from the allocation formula until inventory is stabilized across the country.

One Team. One Plan. One Goal. One Ford.

Thank you for your support and business!

Ken Czubay

Vice President

Marketing, Sales and Service

I have not been able to get any answers from my dealership regarding this delay. I do know that my car was been built on October 19th and has been "Awaiting Shipment" since then. 2 weeks later my car is still sitting at the Mexico plant.

Myself and all the other members of the Blue Oval Forums are wondering if you can assist us in clarifying this issue (or point me to the right person). There's so many people speculating on this and all we want is the truth and some insight as to the severity of the situation. Does this delay affect all trims (hybrid included)? What is the issue? Does this only affect US models or are Canadian models affected too?

As you can see, there are so many questions regarding this, and all we ask for are the answers. Many of us have taken a leap of faith by placing an order on a car that we have not even driven. Some have even placed an order on a car that all they have seen are pictures on the internet. Please help us by helping us with this issue.

I have included my VIN number below my signature so that you have a starting point on this issue.

Kind Regards,

Edited by JSKershaw

The one thing I don't understand is if they are starting the planning for production in Flat Rock, why would it affect the cars already built and being shipped/planning to be shipped, or ones that are already assigned to be built in Hermosillo?

I am worried based on all the delays, that if I switch to a Hybrid Titanium, I may not see my car til April-May instead of late February/early March based on the mid-late December planned start of production date.

You have it backwards...they are preparing the plant in Mexico for the hybrid titanium. The hybrid titanium isn't going to be built in flat rock initially.

Excellent letter. I hope he responds to you!

Also, for those who don't know, Canadian dollars and American dollars have different values and have to be converted to figure out the true comparison.

We're on par right now. Just more expensive, that is all ;p That and it's things like the Delivery is $1550 here, which is almost double that of the US

• Like 1

From my dealer in regards to my car being shipped right past my house( within minutes) and continuing north to IL.

I'm going to summarize here since I can't copy and paste a PDF

"2013 Fusions have begun to arrive at dealerships across the country and reactions to the car has been overwhelmingly positive from media and customers alike. We have already shipped over 25,000 Fusions with more shipping everyday.

As you are aware, a number of vehicles have been produced but have not been released from the plant. In order to ensure a high quality launch, additional quality assurance practices are being implemented. This is resulting in increased timing from production to dealer delivery.

We know you are anxious to receive your Fusions. I want to assure you the team is working diligently to get the vehicles delivered to you as quickly as possible. We estimate all the cars will be en route by the end of December.

There are three categories of vehicles right now 1) vehicles at Hermosillo 2) vehicles moving from Hermosillo to Flat Rock Assembly so we can accelerate the quality assurance process and 3) vehicles en route to your dealership.

Many of you are seeing Fusions with ETA dates in "vehicle Visibility that have passed. Estimated dealer delivery dates (eta's) update only when a vehicle moves from one place to another. We understand this can cause frustration as you try to plan for the vehicle to arrive. We are working on systems improvements that will provide more accurate estimate of dealer ETA's

We do not have the ability to offer priority shipping or specific release dates for vehicles at the plant or headed to Flat Rock. We are processing and shipping them as quickly as possible. For vehicles that have been built and released without being held, our vehicle visibility system will provide a delivery ETA. If a vehicle shows a "TBA" for a delivery date, it is likely at Flat Rock or Hermosillo.

The Fusions delayed in the system will not negatively impact your future months' allocation. We have and will, exclude "availability" from the allocation formula until inventory is stabilized across the country."

That is from dealer it dose't include some things like to and from but that is the body of it for the most part. To me it is a long winded way of saying we don't know exactly when they will show up but they will be there at some point.

I knew they were moving vehicles...that dummy on page one who replied to me is the one that doesn't know what HE is talking about. This makes total sense.

Found this on another Fusion Forum

Ford Fusion delay

I received a letter sent out to all dealerships stating no more Fusions will be shipped because of quality issues until the end of December. Built vehicles are to be shipped from Mexico to little Rock for head light corrections. I was told All other 25,000 vehicles delivered are to be recalled.

Ford did it again!!!

​That must be flat rock he is referring to...

LOL, too bad it wasn't for taillights...would of been funny if Ford realized..oh crap only the Titaniums have led's in the red strip! RECALLLLLLLLL PEOPLEEEEE.

Are you being sarcastic or is there a source for this?

He's being sarcastic. Those lights are not coming to America this year anyway lol.

Features for the 2013 Fusion are set in stone. Brochures, websites, their media campaigns, dealer training manuals..all that stuff is set in stone. It's far too late in the game to add new features to a 2013 Fusion.

Edited by DarkeRetribution

I was thinking the same thing earlier today... Might as well cancel the order and just buy one in a year or two and save 10K.

Lol,....yeah...poor poor Ford...last of the American car companies that didn't take the government bailout (or so i heard)... Great new car...horrible production.. Just when I was defending them to people who wear by ford's low quality that they had changed... No wonder this company has a bad rap...year after year, model after model recalls...

Oh well.. Hopefully my hybrid titanium will be good..it's honestly the only car i can see myself buying.. but this will definitely make them lose sales and recalls are like permanent blemishes on a credit report.. definitely going to hurt...wonder when it will go public...seems like we got "insider first" info so far.

Are you done now, Mr. Darky? This is dummy talking. They are moving cars to Flat Rock for a quality/parts issue, not because they are getting ready to build your car.

Like I said before nothing you have said makes sense. lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Edited by scott029

Are you done now, Mr. Darky? This is dummy talking. They are moving cars to Flat Rock for a quality/parts issue, not because they are getting ready to build your car.

Like I said before nothing you have said makes sense. lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

I said they were moving the cars to flat rock for inspection and to finish them before shipping them out..i dont see how that doesn't make sense? but mmkay.

Canadian car pricing has always been much higher than U.S. pricing (for the last several years at least).

More for:

- Gas

- Electricity

- Food

- Cars

- Housing

- Clothing

- Books & DVD's

- Health supplies

- Higher Income tax

- Higher purchase tax

Do I need to go on? If you can avoid Canada do it... Go live in the USA.

They are moving cars to Flat Rock for a quality/parts issue, not because they are getting ready to build your car.

I said they were moving the cars to flat rock for inspection and to finish them before shipping them out..i dont see how that doesn't make sense? but mmkay.

This, from what I'm hearing so far has to do with the hybrids...and it very well could be correlated to the new Fusion Hybrid Titanium going into production IN DECEMBER. From what a Ford representative told me about the whole Job 2 process it would begin in mid to late December as the plant will be CLOSED while preparations are made...

My only guess is that if Ford wants to remain on schedule with their December timeline of closing the plant, reorganizing and setting it up and reopening it in mid december to late december with the creation of hybrid titaniums then they need to start NOW...which is what it sounds like they are doing...

but one thing is for sure..there is commotion in the ocean and I can only assume it's because of the hybrid titanium.

I was wrong about them not shipping completed vehicles to Flat Rock. You were wrong about it being due to hybrid titaniums.

Hilarious..the Sales Manager at the dealer said it was because of the MyFordTouch. Fricken moron spewing lies.

I feel sorry for the people that arent part of the forum and are in the dark.

As far as I'm concerned, it's still all hearsay about the headlights. The letter sent to dealers didn't mention what the problem was and a salesman is just as capable of passing on the latest rumor as anyone else.

As far as I'm concerned, it's still all hearsay about the headlights. The letter sent to dealers didn't mention what the problem was and a salesman is just as capable of passing on the latest rumor as anyone else.

I have to wonder about any "headlight" issue, since replacing headlights sure seems like something that respective dealers could handle rather than sending all vehicles to Flat Rock, sure is cheaper to ship a hundred headlights than a hundred cars. And if headlights are really that complicated that a dealer couldn't handle it, dang where would an owner go for service after taking delivery? Hope I don't have to put Flat Rock into the navigation!

• Like 1