Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

Why would they send out a letter stating "additional quality assurance practices are being implemented"

if it was a transportation issue? You would think that Ford would rather see it be a Transport problem

(someone else's cause) than a quality issue (their own cause).

• Like 2

I got a reply from the customer relations email. It is a cut and paste response.

My name is Dia and I'm from Ford's Customer Relationship Center (CRC). I received your email about your ordered 2013 Ford Fusion.

I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced as a result of the delay on the delivery of your vehicle.

Our records indicate that your vehicle is currently in transit. There are a great number of variables that may affect production scheduling and delivery:

• Option packages

• Special powertrain combinations

• Delivery delays of components

• Certification and quality inspections

• Transportation of the vehicle to the specified dealership

As such, it is not possible to guarantee a specific delivery date. Additionally, please keep in mind that dealerships are assigned different allocations on a monthly/yearly basis. The number of vehicles allocated to a dealership would be based on several variables. A dealership's allocation will also affect your waiting period as your dealership will only have a certain amount of vehicles at their disposal. Please note that the average vehicle production period is from 8 - 10 weeks from the order submission date to the factory; not the date your order was placed at the dealership

Your sales representative at your selling dealership is in the best position to track your vehicle order. We recommend contacting the dealership's Sales Department for further assistance in this matter.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,

Dia

Customer Relationship Center

Ford Motor Company

Been stalking this forum for a while waiting for my car to arrive - more aggressively since I received the call from my dealer telling me my delivery date had changed from 11/26 to TBD (vehicle was built on 11/5). Just received another call from dealer stating my ETA is now listed as 11/23 and he gave me a rail car number. I asked where the car was going and he said the destination was Minneapolis (where I live). So, he's either lying or cars are moving out of Hermosillo to their destinations...

I just got invited to a Fusion night at my dealership, so I would think that the delays shouldn't be too bad if they're moving forward with advertising and trying to get customers to come look at the Fusions at the dealership. My dealership has also had the same 4 Fusions (SE's with the 2.5L) sitting in inventory for the last 2 weeks, so my guess is they stopped getting their allotment at least temporarily. They sold the two Titanium's they had pretty fast.

I just got invited to a Fusion night at my dealership,

Good point - my dealer has their '2013 Fusion Launch Celebration' (or whatever the specific term is) on Nov 15th.... hopefully the plans haven't been altered slightly to just set up a TV showing webcam at Flat Rock so customers could see the vehicles, that would be kinda awkward don't ya think?

• Like 1

Haha! I hope my dealership has an event like that. They had a sale event last month, I got the invite in the mail the day after it was over. :( It would be neat to go play around with the Fusions again while I wait. It's bad enough I have to drive past a delicious White Plat SE w/ appearance package on my way to work every night.

• Like 1

Well then, I just received a response to my email from Samantha Hoyt. Here it is below. If I hear anything back from her Canadian counterpart I will post it as well. Apparently (reading between the lines) it's not just one issue but possibly many.

We are excited that you ordered a new Fusion Hybrid. The letter below was sent to US Ford Dealers. We had very few Hybrids at start-up, they were less than 1% of the build (hence the reason why we only have about 150 in stock in all of the US). US handled retail orders separately. We have about 100 retail orders for all Fusions that have been delayed and we are working with those customers to either replace their order, locate one in stock or the customer can decide to wait on their original order. Most of the cars delayed are stock units.

I will be happy to forward your note to my Canadian counterpart, Steve Ross. Fusions are undergoing enhanced quality checks and all engines, series, destination countries of vehicles are affected. The date you see, of December, in the letter that was posted, is correct—that is the time we think we will have shipped all of the affected units.

• Like 1

Sounds like I am kind of screwed all the way around. I ordered the car on 9-07-12. Supposedly the retail order didn't go through but the redundant dealer stock order that the salesman placed did. It was built on 10-19-12 and shortly after went to TBD. Now since it is a "dealer stock order" I don't have much leg to stand on if I contacted Ford and complained. Seriously thinking about going to another dealership that can actually place a retail order and 're ordering.

Almost sounds like there are a high number of stock vehicles and about 100 retail orders (of all models) that definately have some

kind of problem. To me it looks like they are doing extra QC & testing on all Fusions produced either at the production plant or at Flat Rock to

determine if they also have the problem(s). Thanks for your efforts JS!!!

Edited by scott029

I don't know what this would have to do with me, really, but it's probably screwing me over, too. Original order on 8/22, finally sent to the plant on 9/24 and then accepted or whatever by the plant on 10/5, retail order with Priority 10.... and STILL NO VIN.

That is all.

Probably not Gamma. Mine was a little delayed too, due to ordering issues. Once everything was back on track, the VIN came pretty shortly thereafter. Mine was an issue with the wrong wheel package being selected. Yours could still be scheduling/allocations. Does your SE have the start-stop feature? I know those were on hold.

I don't know what this would have to do with me, really, but it's probably screwing me over, too. Original order on 8/22, finally sent to the plant on 9/24 and then accepted or whatever by the plant on 10/5, retail order with Priority 10.... and STILL NO VIN.

That is all.

My order was also accepted on 10/5 and I received my VIN on 10/20. Did you check with the dealer? They are the ones who send you the VIN. I also ordered priority 10 and my build date was just changed from 11/12 to Saturday the 17th. You should be in that date range. Edited by hermans

I'd be tempted to check up with your dealer to make sure nothing is on hold, and they can assure you the order has been sent and accepted again. It should be scheduled by now, unless they've got some pretty messed up allocations.

Edit! Oh noes, your build date got changed? Mine was slated for Monday too. I wonder if it got bumped too.

Edited by -Strike-