Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

Not to be snotty about it, but of course I've checked with the dealer... and Ford directly. I also checked that my computer was plugged in before turning it on, too.

If you cant get straight answers from your dealer then get in direct contact with a Ford Customer Service Manager from corporate. If you call ask for VIN status and ask it to be escalated to a manager. Thats how I got most of my info

If you have the Dealer Codes and Order Number you can request a status from Cyberdman in vehicle tracking section of these forums. If a VIN is available he will give it to you along with any updates. If you don't have the Dealer Codes and Order Number you will need to get this from your dealership first.

• Like 1

If you have the Dealer Codes and Order Number you can request a status from Cyberdman in vehicle tracking section of these forums. If a VIN is available he will give it to you along with any updates. If you don't have the Dealer Codes and Order Number you will need to get this from your dealership first.

Cyberdman gave me my VIN when my dealer said it wasn't available yet. I'm betting you'll get one from him if you post there. Just make sure you follow the rules, I think Cyberdman has gotten pretty frustrated with people hounding and annoying him.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

Would it be better to wait for the newer deliveries from Flat Rock...or take a chance with the ones that are in dealer lots?

Opinions are welcomed

I wouldn't wait if I found one that i wanted in stock. If there was a problem with the current vehicles Ford would instruct the dealers to fix them before selling them. And you still have a full warranty just in case.

• Like 1

This is a post from the Fusion Club Forum, and I quote: "Its more than just head lights. Ford also ran out of headliners. Ford went ahead and built the Fusions missing parts, then when the parts arrive they add them off the factory floor."

I don't have any idea where he got his info or how reliable it is.

Edited by scott029

I still believe the wording of the letter is very telling. They didn't say part shortages, they said quality assurance. It's all very vague, and I might be rolling the dice if I choose a delivered one. We need to find someone that works at the plant or find a real ford insider

• Like 1

This is a post from the Fusion Club Forum, and I quote: "Its more than just head lights. Ford also ran out of headliners. Ford went ahead and built the Fusions missing parts, then when the parts arrive they add them off the factory floor."

Hmmm...maybe, it's the new exterior color coordinated headliner option! :P

OK. So what if that is true. What is the capacity at the plant to have vehicles sit and wait for these parts to be installed? Maybe they are making the decision to keep producing the majority of the vehicle on the line so that doesn't stop, and are shipping the units that need the final parts to flat rock to be completed there instead so they have room to keep producing incomplete vehicles at the mexico plant? Hmm.

I replied to the customer service email I got and basically told them that their cut and paste response didn't help and that i would have to cancel my order if the car did not arrive soon. Here is their latest response.

"Hello Daniel,

This is Dan, also from Ford's Customer Relationship Center. I received your follow up email regarding the order status of your 2013 Ford Fusion.

I am sorry for the delay on the delivery of your vehicle and if you are not satisfied with the previous response that was provided to you.

After reviewing our records and the information that you have provided, I was able to determine that it has been more than 10 months now since your order was placed.

I would like to look into this matter further and document your concern; however, in order to do so, more information is needed. Please include your original message with the following additional information to allow us to proceed.

Address:

City:

State:

Zip Code:

Daytime Phone Number:

Home Phone Number:

Selling/Servicing Ford Dealership:

If you would prefer to provide this information over the phone, you may call us toll free at 1-800-392-3673 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (Monday-Friday), 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (Saturday). Hearing-impaired callers with access to a TDD may contact 1-800-232-5952.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,

Dan

Customer Relationship Center

Ford Motor Company"

My car was ordered 10 weeks ago, not 10 months ago. Lol

I did call Ford directly and they have "escalated" my order issues, as well. All I'm looking for first is a VIN. Told I'm supposed to hear a resolution by Monday. Eh.

Why haven't you made a post here: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

You can possibly have your VIN tomorrow morning if you put a post in there today. Cyberdman posts updates every morning. Just sayin'. :)

• Like 1

Because I've read the rules and as you may have noticed I'm not to the 10 good comment threshold as of yet. He seems to be a very particular individual who doesn't want any deviation and no "fluff" posts to get to the counter, so I will abide by that.

Okay, post 2 more times! LOL

Because I've read the rules and as you may have noticed I'm not to the 10 good comment threshold as of yet. He seems to be a very particular individual who doesn't want any deviation and no "fluff" posts to get to the counter, so I will abide by that.

I'm confident you can make 2 more quality posts before the end of the day. :D

Of course he can! :P BTW, your window sticker down yet, Cam? We're both slated for the same day and mine isn't up yet. Not going to bother for an update until about mid week to see how things are going. There was three of us who were sheduled for Monday, and I think the one guy got bumped till Sat the 17th. :/

Edit, looks like yours is the 14th, I swore it said 12th

Edited by -Strike-

Of course he can! :P BTW, your window sticker down yet, Cam? We're both slated for the same day and mine isn't up yet. Not going to bother for an update until about mid week to see how things are going. There was three of us who were sheduled for Monday, and I think the one guy got bumped till Sat the 17th. :/

Edit, looks like yours is the 14th, I swore it said 12th

The VIN entered was not found in our system. VIN requested is 3FA6P0H95DR174196.

:(

I want my window sticker so bad....

So at what point can you "walk away" from your order?

Did you put a deposit down? If not you can just call the dealer and tell them you changed your mind. If you did put a deposit down I'm not sure. I would think you'd be able to tell them that it's taking too long and you want your deposit back, but I don't know the rules there. I told my dealer I wasn't prepared to put a deposit down so they waived it for me.