Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

If you look at all the data it would seem that the body dies have been returned or there is more than one die at the plant in Hermosillo.

At the beginning of the letter to the dealers......

To: All U.S. Ford Dealers

Subject: 2013 Fusion launch Update

"2013 Fusions have begun to arrive at dealerships across the country and reaction to the car has been overwhelmingly positive from media and customers alike. We have already shipped over 25,000 Fusions with more shipping every day".

Edited by chuckokie36

If you look at all the data it would seem that the body dies have been returned or there is more than one die at the plant in Hermosillo.

My guess is that whatever adjustments were needed to the dies were done in Michigan and they were returned to Hermosillo, whether by airlift or oversize load trucks.I say this as the text that you found notes that the production line has "halted" rather than "slowed" -- but of course that may have been stated in such a way to get the flight clearance expedited, who knows.

Ford POCs have stated the production line in Mexico has halted due to an engineering problem with the automobile dies used in the MKZ and Ford Fusion models. These dies have had to be removed from the plant in Mexico, transported via truck to Arizona for loading onto airlift for immediate delivery to a manufacturing facility in Michigan for retooling, and returned ASAP to Mexico to continue production. This halt in production is causing delays in delivery and sales, impacting Ford’s ability to get the vehicles out of the factory and to the public.

Definiteiy interesting. Massive Russian cargo jets transporting Fusion body dies back to Michigan for re-engineering. I tell you what. I'm not worried at all. Ford is just doing what it has to do. Not everything turns out as initially planned. You have to do the best thing at the time to correct the situation. The car will get here when it gets here. Obviously, if there were a horrendous delay, Ford would lose cash and there would be many more unhappy people than are represented on this forum. But the cars are already coming in, and I believe most Ford dealers already have cars. I know it can be hard to wait for something, but you just need some patience. It's not even 2013 yet.

• Like 3

My dealer sent an email yesterday afternoon with an attachment with an up to date

History Report on my car. The dealer & I both thought it was heading for Flat Rock

because when it left it did not have an ETA. As the attached report shows I now have

an ETA of 11/21 and the car is in Chicago at the railroad yard center. I would imagine it will be transported the 240 miles to the dealer via truck. If all goes well I should get the

car the day after Thanksgiving (next Friday)!! If this happens it means that some cars are

being produced and shipped to dealers very quickly. Mine was built 11/5, shipped 11/6 and

if it arrives on time it will go from production to dealer in 16 days. I hope this gives others

a more optimistic view of their own orders. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

My FFH History Report.pdf

I hope this gives others a more optimistic view of their own orders. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Thanks, that's great news for you! Can you ask your dealer how long it takes for them to go into their system and run this visibility report? My guess is that it's about 30 seconds to log in, input the VIN, and click "run report", however the salesman at my dealer didn't sound like he was overly familiar with the process.

Thanks, that's great news for you! Can you ask your dealer how long it takes for them to go into their system and run this visibility report? My guess is that it's about 30 seconds to log in, input the VIN, and click "run report", however the salesman at my dealer didn't sound like he was overly familiar with the process.

I didn't even know the dealer had access to that report until I confronted him with the die retooling issue and

within minutes he mailed back with that report. I would imagine every dealer can access that report at any time

but they sure don't offer that knowledge to the customers.

Edited by scott029

I didn't even know the dealer had access to that report until I confronted him with the die retooling issue and

within minutes he mailed back with that report. I would imagine every dealer can access that report at any time

but they sure don't offer that knowledge to the customers.

The dealers know everything about their orders (or have the ability to find out that information). But some like to pretend they don't know or they're just incredibly ignorant.

You are correct - it takes about 30 seconds. If you aren't getting cooperation by your salesperson go directly to the dealer general manager and they will take care of it. Remember, it's your car - you are the customer.

Mr. akirby is correct - all dealers have access to this info. I would only contact them once a week, on Fridays. The system updates every Thrusday.

Edited by hermans

I would imagine every dealer can access that report at any time but they sure don't offer that knowledge to the customers.

I don't think it takes that long, and trying to be Columbo a bit like chuckokie did with the other story. My guess is that this is the same report that cyberdman uses to get the latest status, and if you look at the time between his replies to various queries (he normally checks early each morning), they are not spaced apart so I liken this to something like checking a Fedex tracking number and seeing the latest history come up.

I'm wondering if Scott029 was the recipient of amazing timing. Mine was built on 11/07 (ordered it 5/4), the day after his shipped out. According to the report that my dealer ran, it's still sitting in Hermosillo, apparently waiting for a rail car assignment.

I'm wondering if they only leave Hermosillo once a week (on Tuesdays), meaning the cars made on Monday get on the train, and the rest continue to get backed up.

Can't figure out why else mine wouldn't have shipped - assuming they've got the die issue sorted out and are actually shipping to dealers straight from Hermosillo (which sounds like the case, given Scott029's timing).

I'm wondering if Scott029 was the recipient of amazing timing. Mine was built on 11/07 (ordered it 5/4), the day after his shipped out. According to the report that my dealer ran, it's still sitting in Hermosillo, apparently waiting for a rail car assignment.

I'm wondering if they only leave Hermosillo once a week (on Tuesdays), meaning the cars made on Monday get on the train, and the rest continue to get backed up.

Can't figure out why else mine wouldn't have shipped - assuming they've got the die issue sorted out and are actually shipping to dealers straight from Hermosillo (which sounds like the case, given Scott029's timing).

If I remember correctly, mine was shipped on a Tuesday.

If they average 1,000 vehicles per day and 99% of those get on a train to head northward, that would be one long train for only once a day. I bet it's several per week or one per day?

Akirby made a good point in a different thread here somewhere (maybe even this one), that if your car is sitting among thousands and "boxed in" (picture a big rental car yard near a big airport, same type of thing) then they probably grab the ones most accessible and also compatible with being placed into cars headed for the same region of the US, etc.

Edited by jeff_h

If I remember correctly, mine was shipped on a Tuesday.

Interesting. Well, I guess with a little luck mine shipped out yesterday. Hopefully the guy above is correct and their system only updates on Thursdays (which is why mine would have showed it was still in H yesterday). Or maybe it only updates once a day. Eitherway, my fingers are crossed. It's been a loooong wait since May when I ordered this.

I just recieved an E-mail from my Exchange New Care sales Rep, the email stated that my car shipped today. My build date was November 8th. However, the email did not have an ETA for delivery.

That's more good news for me, I hope. Since mine was built the day before you, and two days after Scott's which has already shipped. If mine got sucked into the void somehow, I'm not gonna be happy.