Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

Well, we do know they've been producing them since at least Aug. 20 based on a video of a Ford employee posting a video on that date standing in front of his special ordered vehicle awaiting QC. So, Nov. 20 or before would seem like when Job #2 will have started. That's just based on what was said above about when Job #2 starts and what we know about when they started production.

Edited by GammaRae

My sales guy sent me an e-mail this morning. They've gone ahead and cancelled my original order that was already built but stuck in TBD shipping hell and they've placed another order for me. He's hoping for a build week of the 1st or 2nd week of December with a delivery before the end of the year. He apologized and said the dealership is in the same boat as I am with a bunch of cars that they are waiting on. It stinks that the clock is getting reset on mine but at least I'm going to get the adaptive cruise control out of it.

• Like 3

More info on job# 2 history

Job #1 is the first vehicle of a given model year off the line. When they make a running change to production during a model year the first one of those is called Job #2. Every vehicle built to those changes are Job #2. If they do another running change it's Job #3, and so on.

Hey guys,

In general, Job 1 just tells you the beginning of production for any given vehicle model year. Job 2 is sometimes initiated if there are mid-model year updates that are needed or offered on the product.

FORD SERVICE

A friend of mine was ordering his new 2011 F250 in October 2010. He waited until November to get a job 2 truck. So November 2010 was the change over to job 2 trucks.

2011 F250 Lariat 4X4 Crew Cab 6.7L Tuxedo Black.

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:58 PM

For Job #2 (production begins early August).

Dealers can place orders for the new 2009 Fusion Appearance Package (14C) and Monochrome Appearance Package (14X). They are available on the SE and SEL. Monochrome has a body color grill and Appearance has a chrome grill. They are $895 and also include:

18" machined-aluminum wheels with painted pockets

P225/45R18 V-rated performance tires

Sport-tuned suspension

Rear spoiler

Unique finish on IP Spears and Center Stack

Unique cloth seat and door trim inserts (SE)

Leather wrapped steering wheel shift knob

So I guess this is what is happening as they add the Hybrid Titanium trim and mabye the Energi????

Edited by chuckokie36

Now that's funny....NOT! Ford and incident free launches don't appear to go together do they? My sales guy is as frustrated as I am. He says it's tough to sell cars you don't have and right now he has one Fusion on the lot. They've got a ton of Fusions all showing dealer ordered. Some of them with VINs in the early 101xxx range.

• Like 1

Well, we do know they've been producing them since at least Aug. 20 based on a video of a Ford employee posting a video on that date standing in front of his special ordered vehicle awaiting QC.

I saw that video clip a couple months ago, and then last week was trying to find it again but could not... do you know where it is?

And for missileman88, same thing with my dealership, they have a hybrid as "dealer ordered" with VIN of 106xxx, was built mid September and I guess sitting in Flat Rock?

The good news is Ford understands that they've had too many launch problems lately and they're addressing it. They've been in hyper drive the last 3 years putting out tons of new models and it's caught up to them. Now that the Escape, Explorer, Fusion, Focus, MKZ, Taurus and C-max are done maybe they can take a deep breath and regroup.

• Like 1

Just talked with my salesman, to find out if he knew the starting date of Job#2 ( He didn't--Just in December)

Although He is a nice guy and levels with me no high pressure etc, He is in the dark about this whole shenanigan.

I think most dealerships keep salesmen in the dark and unless the salesman has some interest and takes the initiative they are not very informed abut the product they sell.

This dealer has 16 fusions that were ordered in the August-Sept time-frame that are caught up in limbo.

They have received 3 Titanium's and one SE which were sold within a few days.

Edited by chuckokie36

Hi Folks,

I am in the same boat as many of you.

Ordered the car on Oct.4,2012....Built on Nov.5th....current status "Awaiting Shipment" with ETA: TBD.

I am very curious about this potential change to "Job 2" and whether it might make sense to re-order my vehicle.

Any thoughts on whether this "Job 2" vs. "Job. 1" may impact the quality of the vehicle? In other words, are "Job 1" vehicles potentially inferior?

Thanks,

Hi Folks,

I am in the same boat as many of you.

Ordered the car on Oct.4,2012....Built on Nov.5th....current status "Awaiting Shipment" with ETA: TBD.

I am very curious about this potential change to "Job 2" and whether it might make sense to re-order my vehicle.

Any thoughts on whether this "Job 2" vs. "Job. 1" may impact the quality of the vehicle? In other words, are "Job 1" vehicles potentially inferior?

Thanks,

Sounds like you are pretty much in the same spot I am. As a friendly FYI, I've had to do a re-order, because this will not be released to ship any time before the end of the year. You may wish to do the same.

Sounds like you are pretty much in the same spot I am. As a friendly FYI, I've had to do a re-order, because this will not be released to ship any time before the end of the year. You may wish to do the same.

Thanks broncosCA.

Are they simply planning to release all of these "held" vehicles at the same time in the end of December, or is this a some vehicles released every day kind of scenario. From the wording of that original letter sent to the dealers, it sounds like all vehicles are expected to be "Enroute by end of December"....I am hoping that vehicles are continuosly being sent out and that there may be some arriving in the beginning of December.

Thanks broncosCA.

Are they simply planning to release all of these "held" vehicles at the same time in the end of December, or is this a some vehicles released every day kind of scenario. From the wording of that original letter sent to the dealers, it sounds like all vehicles are expected to be "Enroute by end of December"....I am hoping that vehicles are continuosly being sent out and that there may be some arriving in the beginning of December.

Don't know. Based on what the factory rep told my dealer, and based on what the Ford customer care regional manager told me, it sounded like if you're in awaiting shipment hell, these vehicles aren't going anywhere until end of December. Both of them said that a delivery before end of year was extremely optimistic, and much more likely that it would be 2013. Though they couldn't even commit to a ship date in January.

I just feel like if the vehicle was produced on Nov.5th...I can only imagine that Ford would want to finalize the QC and whatever finishing touches it may need and get the vehicle shipped out for delivery. I understand that some vehicles have been held back, but from what I have been reading, it seems to only affect vehicles built in October?

Also, when I look at my VIN on ETIS....the message "12T08 - OR to Sale" appears to come and go.....while other VIN#'s appear to have this message all of the time? This makes me think that maybe vehicles produced in November onwards, should be ready to ship.

Unfortunately, my dealer does not seem to have a lot of information on this either, as they too, are "Awaiting Shipments" for their stock and other Retail Orders.

Edited by FusionTime

I just feel like if the vehicle was produced on Nov.5th...I can only imagine that Ford would want to finalize the QC and whatever finishing touches it may need and get the vehicle shipped out for delivery. I understand that some vehicles have been held back, but from what I have been reading, it seems to only affect vehicles built in October?

Also, when I look at my VIN on ETIS....the message "12T08 - OR to Sale" appears to come and go.....while other VIN#'s appear to have this message all of the time? This makes me think that maybe vehicles produced in November onwards, should be ready to ship.

Unfortunately, my dealer does not seem to have a lot of information on this either, as they too, are "Awaiting Shipments" for their stock and other Retail Orders.

The vehicle I posted about above had the same code and it is now sitting on the dealer's lot. I've been told that the code "12T08 - OR to Sale" was for an update to the sync system (3.5.1) and the factory is doing the upgrade in Mexico before they are shipped to the dealers. Edited by hermans