Ward '13, 10 Best Engines Award

When do the new Chebbie boat anchors hit the market?

To be eligible, an engine must be available in a production vehicle on sale within the first quarter of 2013 and with a base price of less than $55,000.

I'm pretty sure their base price is under $55K, but will they be on sale by the end of March?

When do the new Chebbie boat anchors hit the market?

I'm pretty sure their base price is under $55K, but will they be on sale by the end of March?

29799515.jpg

I assumed they weren't eligible. Not that it would have mattered.

Edited by akirby
  • Like 4

I was really hoping the 1.6L EcoBoost were on the list.

Maybe next year, but between that or the EB10, I'd bet on the latter. Too bad about the issues with the EB16, I still think it's a great plant. Good Job Ford! Edited by Hugh

That 2.0L EB engine may not be high-volume, but it's the most platform versatile engine Ford has ever made. From Focus to Explorer, it's powering it all.n Kinda remarkable for a Detroit company.

I agree. I admit I'm a little skeptical about the EB 20 in the Explorer however, it's more powerful and efficient then the Colonge 4.0L so that's a win. The EB20 in a Taurus has almost the same power and better efficiency then a 1st gen LS 400. I know that's a while back in relative terms and how far the industry has come, it's still a great achievement. EB20 in the Edge is great but perhaps better in the Escape and best in the Focus ST.
  • Like 1

That 2.0L EB engine may not be high-volume, but it's the most platform versatile engine Ford has ever made. From Focus to Explorer, it's powering it all.n Kinda remarkable for a Detroit company.

Sounds like a great, reliable little engine. And so versatile in so many different vehicles both big and small. Ford has a winner with this engine.

• Like 1

Sounds like a great, reliable little engine. And so versatile in so many different vehicles both big and small. Ford has a winner with this engine.

:yup:

The 2.0L Ecoboost must be Ford's most versatile engine globally, and among the most versatile from any manufacturer.

Current applications: Focus, Fusion, Mondeo, Falcon, Taurus, Escape, Edge, Explorer, S-MAX, Galaxy, MKZ, MKT (Livery version), Range Rover Evoque, Land Rover Freelander 2/LR2, Jaguar XF, Jaguar XJ, Volvo S60, Volvo V60, and Radical SR3 SL racecar

Edited by aneekr

:yup:

The 2.0L Ecoboost must be Ford's most versatile engine globally, and among the most versatile from any manufacturer.

Current applications: Focus, Fusion, Mondeo, Falcon, Taurus, Escape, Edge, Explorer, S-MAX, Galaxy, MKZ, MKT (Livery version), Range Rover Evoque, Land Rover Freelander 2/LR2, Jaguar XF, Jaguar XJ, Volvo S60, Volvo V60, and Radical SR3 SL racecar

Yeah, that trumps the heyday of the Cologne V6 and the Rover/Buick aluminum V8

I was really hoping the 1.6L EcoBoost were on the list.

It was on the list (well on the list of the 41 contenders)

The Ford Fusion 1.6L EcoBoost 6 MT, driven by Editor-in-Chief Drew Winter, is one of 41 contenders for the 2013 Ward's 10 Best Engines competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qVVm5gfcvcE

Edited by MKII