GM to show refreshed 2014 Camaro at NY Auto Show

Anthony

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/03/gm-confirms-five-world-premieres-for.html

Besides the new Chevrolet SS sports sedan that we already know about, the other four world premieres from GM are a "refreshed" version of the 2014 Chevrolet Camaro, which the company says "advances the design and performance attributes that have made it the most popular sports car under $50,000 for three consecutive years," two new Buicks and a Cadillac.

Edited by Intrepidatious

My biggest grip of the current car is the paint quality. I don't know if you noticed that, but some colors (especially silver and metallics ones) seems mis-matched in the sun. As if it was a car that was repainted.

That's really nothing to do with the paint quality and everything to do with the angles of the sheet metal. I've noticed the last generation Accord often does the same thing, with the hoods looking like a different color from the rest of the car at certain angles.

Uh, like it or not, and I don't like it over the Mustang, the Camaro has outsold the Mustang three straight years, and when is last time that has happened? Make all the apologies you want how the Camaro is this or that, but fact remains Camaro outsells Mustang. Kind of like the GM fan boy bragging how he loves his Silverado and the F-150 is this or that. The F-150 outsells the Silverado and that is final word. The buying public prefers the Fusion over Malibu, the Escape over Equinox, the Impala (I know fleet) over Taurus, the Sonic (I know sub prime loans) over Fiesta, the Edge over Traverse, and the Focus over the Cruze. So there you have it, the ultimate winners in each segment. So GM did something right with Camaro, and Ford down the middle wins.

Uh, like it or not, and I don't like it over the Mustang, the Camaro has outsold the Mustang three straight years, and when is last time that has happened? Make all the apologies you want how the Camaro is this or that, but fact remains Camaro outsells Mustang. Kind of like the GM fan boy bragging how he loves his Silverado and the F-150 is this or that. The F-150 outsells the Silverado and that is final word. The buying public prefers the Fusion over Malibu, the Escape over Equinox, the Impala (I know fleet) over Taurus, the Sonic (I know sub prime loans) over Fiesta, the Edge over Traverse, and the Focus over the Cruze. So there you have it, the ultimate winners in each segment. So GM did something right with Camaro, and Ford down the middle wins.

Mustang's current design language has gotten stale. It's really that simple. Most everyone who wanted a retro Mustang...well...has one.

• Like 1

Like it or not, Zeta is a much fresher platform where as Mustang is on an evolved 2005 platform that will undergo another transformation to become S550.

In this instance, sales are not everything as Mustang moved a generation of $20,000 V8 buyers to a new price point just over $30,000 and that has to hurt

sales but in doing so, Ford has made Mustang much more profitable , even at lower sales rates these days. Cheeky when you think the platform is now

nearly nine years old...and the S197 Mustang will see Zeta Camaro come and go as GM spends more money on Alpha Camaro correcting its mistake

Edited by jpd80