2014 Z/28

92LX302

And they remain entirely incandescent at that.

The grille shapes changed slightly as well.

ha! I see Camaro sales cratering when the next gen Mustang comes out...this is pretty weak refresh..at least the 2009 Mustang made the Mustang look different than the 2005-2009 years. The 2013 refresh wasn't anything super special for the Mustang, but it was hold us over till the new model comes out in 2-3 years

What a shock! Mikey ( er, I mean BOF Mafia) doesn't like it! I don't particularly like it either since I'm not a fan of the exterior or interior, but I respect its track prowess, and I'm sure this one is even more potent.

Again, I see no references to the powertrain or anything besides its appearance in a negative light.

But based on what the majority of us (and many others) have said about the Camaro's appearance in general, does it really surprise you in the least that the appearance of this one doesn't exactly get our tails wagging either?

And give me a break, we would ALL take Ford to task if they did a refresh of a vehicle this minor. Hell, we did! Go visit the MKS/MKT refresh threads and see how (un)kind most of us were.

Edited by NickF1011

I do think GM improve the back end a bit, but the rest of vehicle looks the same unfortunately. But it is a refresh. And the over 500hp motor is awesome, over 1 g in lateral accleration, carbon ceramic brakes, and 200 pounds lighter are impressive. I just don't care for the squashed down profile, slit windows, bunker style seating position, and dashboard set up with the instrument panel design. Not attractive to me. My biggest problems with GM in general. Ditto for their other vehicle seating positions and huge, raked A pillars. Not a fan.

I thought the Camaro was getting a styling refresh? Only the tail and headlights look different...and its not much an improvement from the current car.

It was - that was it.

And they remain entirely incandescent at that.

The grille shapes changed slightly as well.

I think the taillights are LED, no?

Thank God GM and Chrysler are showing a lot of new product at this year's NY Auto Show. Without them, the domestic debuts would have been dismal. GM is really showing its muscle at this year's show...so many debuts. And Chrysler now with so many of its line getting 8 speed auto and even 9 speed auto for Cherokee. Competition is good. Meanwhile, Ford has a bunch of Transit models running through town as test mules. Saw a Transit passenger van running through town today.

Sure don't look to be in this picture:

attachicon.gifku-xlarge.jpg

Ah, well I guess only certain trims get LED arrangements.....the SS has them:

2014-chevy-camaro-ss-006_zps968ddeb3.jpg

Thank God GM and Chrysler are showing a lot of new product at this year's NY Auto Show. Without them, the domestic debuts would have been dismal. GM is really showing its muscle at this year's show...so many debuts. And Chrysler now with so many of its line getting 8 speed auto and even 9 speed auto for Cherokee. Competition is good. Meanwhile, Ford has a bunch of Transit models running through town as test mules. Saw a Transit passenger van running through town today.

Since Ford is not working on anything for next year. :rolleyes:

Last I looked, this is the Competing Products thread, and lots of new competing vehicles did and are getting introduced this week in NY. Very impressive show with lots of new and refreshed vehicles. And it is too bad MKC production version didn't make it to show if MKC is to launch this year. You would think Ford would spread out the new intros better so that there is not such long lapses between debuts, but it is what it is. So thank God GM and Chrysler are hard at work getting this impressive new stuff out. Chrysler is behind on many fronts, especially mid sized sedans, but it has found its niches and impressed with its spread of 8 and now 9 speed autos through lineup. And it's hard at work filling in gaps with new mid sized sedan only about one year away. The GM onslaught of new product is very impressive.

. You would think Ford would spread out the new intros better so that there is not such long lapses between debuts, but it is what it is.

What difference does it make? Launch it when it's ready.

As for the impressive GM "onslaught", we're all still waiting on a competitive Malibu and new Silverado.

What difference does it make? Launch it when it's ready.

As for the impressive GM "onslaught", we're all still waiting on a competitive Malibu and new Silverado.

Uh, didn't GM intro new Silverado/Sierra about two months ago or so? Or was I dreaming? And as for "competitive," GM has not even released performance and fuel mileage numbers yet. Let's see what they are first before jumping to conclusions. Reuss just yesterday said tweaked Malibu will be out this year, and will be more competitive. GM also stated Malibu sales are up significantly this month. And I do realize new Fusion is better than Malibu, but then no one else has been able to benchmark the new Fusion either in looks and handling. In my view, the Malibu is an OK car that I would not buy, but could live with if I inherited it or something. I would think it's agreed that Ford has done good job of keeping its supersegment vehicles super competitive, but I wouldn't count out GM just yet. I believe a new Equinox is coming soon, and the new Impala is a nice full sized sedan. Good sign that GM is tweaking the Malibu and paying attention to Camaro even if the Ford fan boys vomit all over it. Means nothing as far as sales go. Unlike the fan boys, you can bet Ford respects the stiff competition GM gives them, and not good idea to take eye off Chrysler either let alone the Koreans and Japanese. As for the Germans, more problems as they enter mid priced sedan segment, and probably small CUV segment also.

Uh, didn't GM intro new Silverado/Sierra about two months ago or so? Or was I dreaming?

You harp on Lincoln for unveiling the MKC but not having it ready to go on sale but give GM a pass for doing the exact same thing. Geez, I mean how many YEARS was the Camaro concept introduced before it finally made it into production?

Edited by NickF1011

28,000 Fusions in a four week month says Ford is on track for some big numbers in the coming months..

and yes, a better Malibu and Silverado add far more to bottom line that highlight grabbing Z28.

Why would Ford do an all out track Boss now when the new Mustang is here next year...

now is the time for FORD to come out with the BOSS 351 since Government Motors is bringing back the CRAPMARO z28.happy%20feet.gif:hysterical:

Now that's an interesting thought, a NA version of the 5.8 Boss engine or would you go with a big bore 7.0 liter alloy block version of the 6.2 V8?