Ford ratings in Consumer Reports, below average reliability

Im not against progress. I love Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Air Conditioning, etc but I personally don`t need to be Bluetooth Connected 24/7!

Consider these quotes from fellow boomer Douglas Adams:

"Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet."

"Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.

Anything that’s invented between when you’re 15 and 35 is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.

Anything invented after you’re 35 is against the natural order of things."

The Focus has poor reliability? Noooooooo. LMAO

They call the Edge "poor" also, yet it was the quality my friend saw in my Edge that made him buy his....Focus. :dance:

And hot damn, if my Edge is what a "poor" quality vehicle looks like, the "good" vehicles must be astronomical!

Edited by NickF1011

The Focus has poor reliability? Noooooooo. LMAO

actually, walking the service dept daily, I RARELY see focii in here for anything more than routine service.....obviously theres the odd anomoly, and I do mean odd.....yours for instance, but just because one individual has had an issue doesnt constitute a "blanket" call....I would recommend a focus to any friend or family.....

To be completely fair, I will say that both the Mustangs I had never gave me any issues. One V6 and one GT. Both ran great and neither had any issues, just routine maintenance and they were fine. I have to wonder if the reliability ratings on cars like the Mustang and Camaro sometimes stem from guys that get out on the roads and thrash on the car and break something. Then of course they take it to the dealer and claim "I don't know it just broke." Yeah, it broke because you were driving like an asshat is what the maintenance guys are thinking. So personally I give the Mustang a thumbs up in the reliability department. Its a good car.

But the Focus? Never again.

Edited by BlackHorse

I remember people bitching about all the buttons on the 2004 F-150 center stack! You can't win either way....people aren't happy unless they are bitching about something!

Really? Never heard/seen that one before and I own and '06. Now the '09+ F150 when it first hit lots had tons of buttons on the center stack.

But hey, at least I got to spend time with a Fusion and an MKS for awhile. The MKS is a truly terrible car btw, there is NO legroom, I've never been so uncomfortable in a car. It's gigantic in ever way except the space for your legs.

Man, just think how lucky you are. It really would have sucked to have leased an MKS like you were going to only to find it to be a terrible car.

To be completely fair, I will say that both the Mustangs I had never gave me any issues. One V6 and one GT. Both ran great and neither had any issues, just routine maintenance and they were fine. I have to wonder if the reliability ratings on cars like the Mustang and Camaro sometimes stem from guys that get out on the roads and thrash on the car and break something. Then of course they take it to the dealer and claim "I don't know it just broke." Yeah, it broke because you were driving like an asshat is what the maintenance guys are thinking. So personally I give the Mustang a thumbs up in the reliability department. Its a good car.

But the Focus? Never again.

Or more likely you just got stuck with one awful Focus out of many good/decent ones. Over the product's lifetime it has gotten overall good marks for quality and reliability. You just got stuck with a bad one. It happens.

I love my Cobra, but I would never refer to it as a solidly built vehicle really. Fit and finish was never fantastic, the transmission was repaired a couple times early in its life, the stereo was crap, it has always had a bunch of rattles, etc. By comparison, every Focus I've ever been in was put together far, far better. The only reasons I overlook it all are because I love that V8 and it was the first car I completely owned myself. I'm sentimental about it now (plus I've modified the living heck out of it) or else I would have gotten rid of it long ago.

Or more likely you just got stuck with one awful Focus out of many good/decent ones. Over the product's lifetime it has gotten overall good marks for quality and reliability. You just got stuck with a bad one. It happens.

I love my Cobra, but I would never refer to it as a solidly built vehicle really. Fit and finish was never fantastic, the transmission was repaired a couple times early in its life, the stereo was crap, it has always had a bunch of rattles, etc. By comparison, every Focus I've ever been in was put together far, far better. The only reasons I overlook it all are because I love that V8 and it was the first car I completely owned myself. I'm sentimental about it now (plus I've modified the living heck out of it) or else I would have gotten rid of it long ago.

Well to be fair and objective I certainly wasn't the only one who got a bad Focus. The Focus Fanatics forum had numerous posters who were having issues with the car. You Tube had videos featuring owners having issues with the car. It had issues, there's no denying it. I'm not saying that Ford hasn't since worked them out or that the issues are not as a prevalent now. By comparison, the only issue I ever had with my Mustangs was a minor dash board rattle in the V6 and even then it wasn't a constant rattle. I know a lot of Mustang owners who have the dash board rattle issue. Ford needs to figure out whats causing it and do something about it. But other than that the car was just fine.

Well to be fair and objective I certainly wasn't the only one who got a bad Focus. The Focus Fanatics forum had numerous posters who were having issues with the car. You Tube had videos featuring owners having issues with the car. It had issues, there's no denying it. I'm not saying that Ford hasn't since worked them out or that the issues are not as a prevalent now. By comparison, the only issue I ever had with my Mustangs was a minor dash board rattle in the V6 and even then it wasn't a constant rattle. I know a lot of Mustang owners who have the dash board rattle issue. Ford needs to figure out whats causing it and do something about it. But other than that the car was just fine.

sorry to say Blackhorse...but people with issues are the easiest to google.....it did have some issues, but only to a small %...and the people that were happy didnt post much....kind of ironic dont you think...

sorry to say Blackhorse...but people with issues are the easiest to google.....it did have some issues, but only to a small %...and the people that were happy didnt post much....kind of ironic dont you think...

I think if that were all there was to it then it wouldn't have such a low relibility rating. On the plus side, the 2013 model year appears to have a higher rating so maybe they got the car sorted out. I still wouldn't buy another one.

I think if that were all there was to it then it wouldn't have such a low relibility rating. On the plus side, the 2013 model year appears to have a higher rating so maybe they got the car sorted out. I still wouldn't buy another one.

you have to understand a simple fact...people with issues are FAR more likely to report them than those completely satisfied......try hunting for a We Love Our Focus blog....lol

you have to understand a simple fact...people with issues are FAR more likely to report them than those completely satisfied......try hunting for a We Love Our Focus blog....lol

Well, since I bought my tC I've received three different surveys from various data collecting agencies asking about how I like it, what I would change, any problems etc etc. I gave the car excellent marks because it has been an excellent car thus far. I'm very happy with it. So maybe Ford needs to make an effort to survey Focus owners and get some broad feedback.

Well, since I bought my tC I've received three different surveys from various data collecting agencies asking about how I like it, what I would change, any problems etc etc. I gave the car excellent marks because it has been an excellent car thus far. I'm very happy with it. So maybe Ford needs to make an effort to survey Focus owners and get some broad feedback.

they do.................

• Like 1