Ford ratings in Consumer Reports, below average reliability

If there isn't a clearer signal of how far Fords quality has fallen this is it.

according to CU fords are well below average in quality

The Edge, focus, explorer and MKX having poor Reliability

the Fiesta and mustang with below average reliability

the MKS, Taurus, Expy, Navi and F-150 with average reliability

no Ford or Lincoln have /reliability better than average

The Escape and Fusion were too new to rate.

• Like 1

CR has made it perfectly clear that no vehicle with MFT/MLT is reliable. They have stated that this is a reliability issue.

I knew that as all Fords added MFT, they would fall from grace with CR.

It is nice to know that my perfectly reliable 2013 Explorer, with almost 9000 miles on it, is a POS. But wait, there is a slight buzzing with the drivers door panel, when the stereo is loud (with the bass turned up), that I will have addressed when it is in for its next service (10,600 miles).

There ya go........................... POS.

If there isn't a clearer signal of how far Fords quality has fallen this is it.

according to CU fords are well below average in quality

The Edge, focus, explorer and MKX having poor Reliability

the Fiesta and mustang with below average reliability

the MKS, Taurus, Expy, Navi and F-150 with average reliability

no Ford or Lincoln have /reliability better than average

The Escape and Fusion were too new to rate.

This pisses me off. Instead of blaming CR I would like to know what is going on with all of these vehicles especially the Mustang and Fiesta. I have my suspicions. Do you have a link? Pretty safe to say Ford is no longer the media darling.

Fiesta and Mustang dont have MFT and I hope neither get it anytime soon. So something else is up with them. I bet the manual trans in the Mustang and the dual clutch in the Fiesta is still hammering them both. I mean damn, you would think by now those things would be sorted out. Im speculating but would like to know what the story is.

Edited by chevys
  • Like 1

CR has made it perfectly clear that no vehicle with MFT/MLT is reliable. They have stated that this is a reliability issue.

I knew that as all Fords added MFT, they would fall from grace with CR.

It is nice to know that my perfectly reliable 2013 Explorer, with almost 9000 miles on it, is a POS. But wait, there is a slight buzzing with the drivers door panel, when the stereo is loud (with the bass turned up), that I will have addressed when it is in for its next service (10,600 miles).

There ya go........................... POS.

So what's the cause of that buzz? My 2008 escape has that and its horrible! Its only got 48k but yet it sounds worse than my 150k bronco at times lol

With all due respect to Consumer Reports and the accuracy they document by way of their own Testing and the Feedback of thousands of their Readers, their bias and slow change of opinions on certain Brands and Products are legendary. It took almost 2 decades before HKAG, Hyundai/Kia finally got their blessings and seal of approval. I owned one of their "Flintstone Cars" in 1989 and it was without a doubt the worst New Vehicle I ever had the misfortune of owning during the one year I kept it. It took Consumer Reports until almost 2006 before they gave (acceptable )reviews for their Sonata despite huge quality improvement and the best Bumper to Bumper Warranty in the Industry, 5 year/60 K! I "pre-ordered" my 2011 Ford Fiesta Mar 4, 2010, took delivery July 19, 2010 and with the sole exception of having to have the Rear Door Rubber Gaskets re-glued, this Vehicle, 3 years old next Month, with 31K driven has (never) been in for (any) adjustments or service with the exception of routine oil changes. Excellent Fuel Economy, 33-35 mpg City & 41-43 mpg Highway. MY SE Hatchback was special ordered (with) the Power Moon Roof but (without) the SYNC, I took the $600 savings instead and applied it to the Moon Roof. Issues and annoyances caused by too much gadgetry and technology is the price many insist on. I know I speak for a small minority but I don`t need or want MFT nor SYNC nor fussing whether the Bluetooth Technology will (mate) with my Cell Phone. Unfortunately, in order to get Sirius/XM Radio, there is no way around MFT. Maybe Ford should simply offer a Software Patch where those who want to be spared the aggravation can simple request to have MFT de-activated or disabled.

Drinking all their lattes and lounging in the leather recliners while the Lincoln concierge person fetches you todays Wall Street Journal......

You forget about the part of fighting traffic on M-59 and VanDyke at rush-hour to get to the Lincoln dealership before they close and waiting 1.5 hours for a rental. Always how I want to spend my evenings after work. But you're right, a bottle of Vitamin Water is so worth it! But hey, at least I got to spend time with a Fusion and an MKS for awhile. The MKS is a truly terrible car btw, there is NO legroom, I've never been so uncomfortable in a car. It's gigantic in ever way except the space for your legs.

Edited by BORG

You forget about the part of fighting traffic on M-59 and VanDyke at rush-hour to get to the Lincoln dealership before they close and waiting 1.5 hours for a rental. Always how I want to spend my evenings after work. But you're right, a bottle of Vitamin Water is so worth it! But hey, at least I got to spend time with a Fusion and an MKS for awhile. The MKS is a truly terrible car btw, there is NO legroom, I've never been so uncomfortable in a car. It's gigantic in ever way except the space for your legs.

I think you and I are around the same height. If I can find space in a Corolla (for a seven-hour ride, mind you), you can find space in an MKS.

Also, about waiting for a rental from your luxury car dealership in the suburbs?

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by papilgee4evaeva

My daughter's Focus has MFT and I've never made a single visit to the dealer in almost 18 months. I've updated the software myself twice and had to force a restart twice in 18 months.

My Fusion is 3 months old and nary a problem with MFT.

My daughter's Focus has MFT and I've never made a single visit to the dealer in almost 18 months. I've updated the software myself twice and had to force a restart twice in 18 months.

My Fusion is 3 months old and nary a problem with MFT.

Then you must not be using it properly.

If you don't have issues with MFT, you just aren't as smart as BORG and don't know how to use it.

• Like 4

The MKS is a truly terrible car btw, there is NO legroom, I've never been so uncomfortable in a car. It's gigantic in ever way except the space for your legs.

They need to mercifully put the MKSucksreallybad out to pasture and then not use the name or balleen on the eventual replacement. This seems to me to be one of the most ill-conceived products in FoMoCo history. Keeping it alive continues to sully the image of the brand.

...for you.

Well every rental car I've had for over a week that has had MFT has messed up at one point or another that I needed to restart the car. The older system in my Truck has messed up one time in 3 years.

That being said CR sucks, I want to see numbers - what is average and what is above and below? CR wont publish numbers as if they do it will show how good all cars are and that there isn't much difference between them making them obsolete.

• Like 1

Well every rental car I've had for over a week that has had MFT has messed up at one point or another that I needed to restart the car. The older system in my Truck has messed up one time in 3 years.

That being said CR sucks, I want to see numbers - what is average and what is above and below? CR wont publish numbers as if they do it will show how good all cars are and that there isn't much difference between them making them obsolete.

U forget CR ratings come from subscribers who report on problems with the vehicles they own, I am one and when I fill out the annual quetionnaire I am very honest with the problems I have had with the vehicle I am reporting on, I don't know how much fairer it could get..

• Like 1

U forget CR ratings come from subscribers who report on problems with the vehicles they own, I am one and when I fill out the annual quetionnaire I am very honest with the problems I have had with the vehicle I am reporting on, I don't know how much fairer it could get..

That doesn't mean everyone else is being honest, and only surveying subscribers is not a good statistical sample.

That doesn't mean everyone else is being honest, and only surveying subscribers is not a good statistical sample.

It does not put any money in the pockets of the subscribers to lie about their experience. What do you suggest as a good statistical sample? I dont like CR anymore than the next guy but its getting a little old to blame them for all of Fords problems.

I think you must have the worst luck with the new Escape....

Yep, and I haven't even posted the saga for the past few months---I will be parting ways with this vehicle soon. Very disappointed in Ford's new "world car" engineering practices and associated reliability. Also, customer support of these vehicles when you have an issue have been horrendus, Ford USA engineering doesn't have a clue how to fix these problems because of the newness and european bias electronics/operations, which leaves dealers and their technicians helpless and uninformed. Ford regional customer service managers are rude, unresponsive (even to their own dealers), and accusatory.

In my opinion, another low point in Ford Motor Company history on select vehicles and MFT across the board.

Edited by svtenthusiast