Lincoln unveils "Black Label" collection at Pebble Beach

Lincoln_BlackLabel_CenterStage_05_HR.jpg

With the posh surroundings of Monterey, CA during the Pebble Beach week as a backdrop, Lincoln has unveiled is new personalization and luxury service brand, called Lincoln Black Label. Following in the footsteps of programs like BMW Individual, Range Rover Autobiography, and many more, Black Label is strategic strike, aimed at upping Lincoln's brand cachet while luring new customers into the fold.

While Black Label customers will benefit from concierge-like service from their dealers – both during the sale process and throughout ownership – the focus of the introduction is strongly focused on interior design.

Lincoln chose its current MKZ sedan and its MKC Concept crossover (seen in the inset image) as the debutants for Black Label treatment for good reason: the well-received MKC points the way forward for Lincoln styling as a whole, and the MKZ will be the first production vehicle to receive the option of the high-zoot interior design. We're told that eventually, Black Label treatment will be available for the full Lincoln lineup, but the MKZ will be the initial recipient, and not until late in 2014 according to the company's current projections.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/15/lincoln-black-label-moterey-2013/

Is it really going to be like Mercedes Designo, BMW Individual or Audi Individual program where you can custom order any color exterior and color match any interior trim piece?

I just can't see Hermosillo or Louisville being able to handle this kind of customization when they are cranking out Fusion and Escape 24/7.

There are 3 interior themes and 6 paint colors exclusive to the program. It's nowhere near as extensive as the customization that other manufacturers offer, and should fit into the existing plants without any major issues.

it's a good first step. More than the standard option boxes, but compatible with their current structure.

Absolutely love the Indulgence package, great combinations! While this program isn't a first in the market, it's the introduction of it that makes me feel optimistic about the future of the Lincoln brand and that given time they may just get there yet. Keep up the great work Lincoln!

• Like 1

It's exactly the same as the original MKC Concept, with the exception of the exterior paint color and interior stitching color being changed to red. The rest of the interior "theme" is exactly what was shown in January. I wonder if they modified the vehicle shown before, or if this is a second copy.

So...the whole "Black" thing is basically an interior trim package...?

(facepalm)

Could you at least read the details (or watch the video) before you start bashing it?

It's both an interior and exterior design theme including unique paint. And it's exactly what BMW and others are already doing in the luxury space.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/14/bmw-individual-teams-up-with-steinway-for-7-series-composition/

• Like 1

I looked at the BMW Individual Package and it's pretty much the same thing. Lincoln offers 3 types and I think BMW has 5 settings IIRC. Either way, it's I feel fantastic. I think it's a great idea and obviously there'll be the Johnnie Walker jokes ready to use.

Focused on the "feminine" customer?

I don't know what the percentage is for the BMW Individual Package for gender. I wouldn't be surprised if women appreciated this more. That said, it's a hell of a lot better then the VOGA Milan or the Bill Blass, Cartier editions of the Town Car.

It's exactly the same as the original MKC Concept, with the exception of the exterior paint color and interior stitching color being changed to red. The rest of the interior "theme" is exactly what was shown in January. I wonder if they modified the vehicle shown before, or if this is a second copy.

Which image of the interior with the Black Label is the MKC Concept?