Any 2015 Taurus knowledge?

I believe that the point he was making is that the PI's are reported separately from the Taurus and Explorer for sales purposes. I don't know if GM does that with the Impala.

Ford sold 1299 Taurus Police Interceptor Sedans in September! The sales continue to grow for the Police Taurus!

Ford Explorer Police sold 1310 units in September! YTD/9 months of 2013...Taurus PI= 8700 and Explorer Police = 10026! Almost identical sales between them in the past 2 months! (I think the Taurus is catching on!) The Dodge Charger sales are hard to locate separate from the regular Charger....but its rear wheel drive could be trouble in the snow!) GM also announced they will continue to build and sell the old-new Impala Police unit (W-Body) as a 2014 Model in addition to the more expensive 2014 Epsilon Body Impala in order to compete against the Taurus/Charger vehicles!

Edited by bobbyd

If you would like an itemised list of the differences, I am ready willing and able...theres a LOT more differences than one would beleive from just looking at sheetmetal....LAPD was HEAVILY involved in pre production testing and supplied several significant suggestions which were utilized...,..

I just talked to my Ford contact who is knowledgeable about the Chicago built Taurus. When I asked the basic differences between the street Taurus and PI Taurus:

They are basically the same car. The noticeable difference is Tires shocks springs brakes Trans cooler ,extra heavy duty radiator and fan heavy duty battery and 160amp alternator. 
  • Like 1

They are basically the same car. The noticeable difference is Tires shocks springs brakes Trans cooler ,extra heavy duty radiator and fan heavy duty battery and 160amp alternator.

Your contact isn't so knowlegable if he didn't notice the column shifter........

• Like 1

Your contact isn't so knowlegable if he didn't notice the column shifter........

My bad...column shifter too! I'm wondering why no ballistic doors like with the Crown Vic? Also, Crown Vic had the foam option after the rear end crashes at over 100 mph...possibly causing fires!

Now, there are two reasons for this 1.) the 2013 Impala was offering $4000 rebates to clear inventory.....but MOST importantly I discovered a hidden secret that Consumers Reports and the rest of the Chevy lover sites FAIL to mention......2.) the 2013 Impala W-Body Platform was a fleet car...that means that 75% of the 2013 Impalas sold were NOT retail. Enter the 2014 New Impala....Priced much higher! Chevy decides to quietly continue to build the old W-platform to secure the fleet sales they would lose with the more expensive Epsilon Platform Impala. This way they keep the customers and can BOAST on how the NEW IMPALA IS SELLING WELL!

The fact that a large percentage of the old Impalas were sold directly to fleet customers was hardly a state secret, as others have stated. I'm also not seeing where it's such a bad strategy to keep the old one for fleet customers and aim the new, more expensive (and undoubtedly higher profit) Impala at retail customers.

The problem I see with the Impala is that it provides stiff competition to two GM vehicles - the Malibu and Buick LaCrosse. The Impala is a more attractive and better all-around vehicle than either the Malibu or the LaCrosse.

I've seen a few Impalas on the road around here. Oddly enough, out of the three vehicles based on this platform - the Chevrolet Impala, Buick LaCrosse and Cadillac XTS - the most popular one seems to be the Cadillac, which is the most expensive. I see a fair number of those on the road. Far more, in fact, than the new Cadillac ATS.

I just talked to my Ford contact who is knowledgeable about the Chicago built Taurus. When I asked the basic differences between the street Taurus and PI Taurus:

They are basically the same car.......

Well look at that. Funny, I said that a while ago a person started to "pick a fight" with me and another said I was as dumb as a box of rocks for that assertion. Nice to see that my assessment was EXACTLY spot on.

My bad...column shifter too! I'm wondering why no ballistic doors like with the Crown Vic? Also, Crown Vic had the foam option after the rear end crashes at over 100 mph...possibly causing fires!

See this is why so call experts really have no Idea, the PIs come with ballistic inserts and frame upgrades needed to pass.75 mph rear crash test.

"Basically the same car" they may be but No one is denying that the PI and PI ute are developments based on Taurus and Explorer.

The difference are that they have been changed to suit police work and those changes are a lot less obvious than a casual look over specs suggests.

Deanh works for a Ford dealership and has offered to supply more detail on exact changes which he paraphrased in another thread.

an offer the resident serial pest chooses to ignore..

Edited by jpd80

an offer the resident serial pest chooses to ignore..

YOU "picked this fight" with me because I said that it's just semantics that Ford doesn't call their police vehicles Taurus and Explorer.....which has been proven time and time again to be true. I NEVER denied that there are some changes made (other than a debadging of 6 or 8 letters) to the vehicles. However I'm not gullible enough to believe that by calling them something other than what they are they magically become other vehicles.

Again, it's all semantics. And please stop "picking fights" with me. I am all for an open, spirited, honest, and respectful debate. But picking fights with people an name calling isn't very nice and I'm sure a violation.

And please stop "picking fights" with me. I am all for an open, spirited, honest, and respectful debate. But picking fights with people an name calling isn't very nice and I'm sure a violation.

Home truth tine.

After the previous blow up (to this one) when RJ wanted to ban you, I convinced him not to and that you were worth keeping...now I'm not so sure.

Edited by jpd80

Home truth tine.

After the previous blow up when RJ wanted to ban you, I convinced him not to and that you were worth keeping...now I'm not so sure.

I appreciate your honesty, but do not understand what offended you in my previous post.

I'm asking you for your cooperation in engaging in adult discussions and leaving the personal feelings and personal attacks at the door. I realize that some here are incapable of that, but it really isn't witty and doesn't further the conversation.

I believe that adults can agree and disagree but at the same time being civil about it. However, every single time someone has disagreed with me, it is immediately made personal and people act in a very uncivil manner towards me.

I appreciate your honesty, but do not understand what offended you in my previous post.

I'm asking you for your cooperation in engaging in adult discussions and leaving the personal feelings and personal attacks at the door. I realize that some here are incapable of that, but it really isn't witty and doesn't further the conversation.

I believe that adults can agree and disagree but at the same time being civil about it. However, every single time someone has disagreed with me, it is immediately made personal and people act in a very uncivil manner towards me.

Has it ever occurred with you that the one common denominator in that is you?

It's the way you construct you posts, sometimes they absolute in meaning and come off as complete put downs.

Do you even know what semantics mean?

Please don't tell me you think its simply playing with words.....because that's what your posts are implying.

I have engineering friends that work with in Ford, sometimes they share things to enlighten and assist debate in positive ways

that's why some of my posts seem to have more authority that tney should but I'm the first to admit that I don't know everything

but there is some pretty cool stuff coming in the next few years, especially with Ecoboost and how it going to change.

So lighten up and I will too.

Edited by jpd80

Has it ever occurred with you that the one common denominator in that is you?

It's the way you construct you posts, sometimes they absolute in meaning and come off as complete put downs.

That perception is very unfortunate. It's also unfortunate that rather than pull someone aside and PM them and discuss the 'issue' in private, this some on this board feel it necessary to take it personally and lash out by making personal attacks, etc.

So far, not a single conversation has occurred in private from members or a specific moderator as to what the perceived issues are. Like I have said before, my door is always open. It's very passive aggressive to set expectations for someone, not tell them what they are, and then punish them when the expectations are not met. Or to chastise someone for exhibiting the same behavior as you (not you personally) display towards that person.

If my posts (such as the one in the Promaster thread that started this entire mess) came across in any way as a 'put down', then I sincerely apologize.

So lighten up and I will too.

Now that we can drink to (but I don't drink lol). I will do my best.

Cheers.

Edited by EBFlex

Well look at that. Funny, I said that a while ago a person started to "pick a fight" with me and another said I was as dumb as a box of rocks for that assertion. Nice to see that my assessment was EXACTLY spot on.

In your own mind, perhaps, it is spot on with all the other spots in your mind. Your problem is that your are ignorant and stridently opinionated, and you do not learn very easily. With an attitude problem like yours, it is easy to feel persecuted.

Anyway, keep it up, you are a fountain of amusement. :)

So far, not a single conversation has occurred in private from members or a specific moderator as to what the perceived issues are. Like I have said before, my door is always open. It's very passive aggressive to set expectations for someone, not tell them what they are, and then punish them when the expectations are not met

I don't call it being 'passive aggressive', I consider it more like this:

We're all adults here.

If you are incapable of adjusting your conduct based on the way your posts here are received, then I see little value in treating you like a child and taking you aside and telling you that your conduct offends.

It should be obvious to you that your conduct is inappropriate, and if it is not obvious to you, then you do not belong here.

I'm just waiting for Robert to get back from vacation. But if you would like to get yourself banned before that happens, feel free to act out today and I'll see to it that you're booted tout suite.

So, after these special Taurus Police units retire in a couple years....can anyone buy them....do they go to auction....are the engines/upgrades detuned or removed?

The law enforcement equipment (lights, radios, etc) is obviously removed, but everything else remains as-is. At least so was the case with the P71's.

Edited by NickF1011

So, after these special Taurus Police units retire in a couple years....can anyone buy them....do they go to auction....are the engines/upgrades detuned or removed?

You can buy the same engine in a Taurus, so don't see why they would de-tune them.

Actually, a retired EcoBoost V6 PI may be a fun toy. Of course, then you get the nickname of 'Matt'.

• Like 1

You can buy the same engine in a Taurus, so don't see why they would de-tune them.

Actually, a retired EcoBoost V6 PI may be a fun toy. Of course, then you get the nickname of 'Matt'.

I didn't think they did any engine power enhancements for the PIs - did they?