More Consumer reports stupidity, Ford products make up 5 out of 10 least reliable cars

16K miles on the Explorer Sport. 2x the system has performed scheduled maintenance, which lasted for a minute or two. A couple of glitches with the phone, and one situation where the left "ok" button on the steering wheel would do nothing to get rid of the low fuel indicator. Restarted vehicle and that went away.

I did learn how to spell a name for the navigation system. Try entering Tepee St by name and see what you get. LOL So, now I know how to do that correctly.

15K mile service on Tues, and fuel system recall being done. They will also install 3.6. Frankly, for complex electronics, I have been very pleased. I have more issues with my smart phone....................... and Rick has a lot more issues with his Droid.

My computer has more issues in 1 week than MFT has had in 10+ months.

Now, mind you, I do realize that some folks have had a lot of issues. It does make me wonder about a hardware problem, with those vehicles.

Edited by Extreme4x4
  • Like 1

ahhh, voice commands...ome down to So Cal and attempt Navigation with all the exotic Spanish street names.....impossible....unreliable?....NOT!

I figured that out pretty early on: Say Spanish street names like someone who has never so much as set foot in Taco Bell. Escondido and El Cajon and La Jolla... it's kind of fun.

• Like 1

there is a fix...replace the battery....we have the same issues here, highlighted by the fact we install an aftermarket Alarm system ( for insurance and up-sell reasons ) that draws current non stop, if the car isnt started on a regular basis, battery gos dead, best case scenario charge battery, worst ...dead cell and REPLACE....aother isssue compounding the problem is that the A/C and heating fan works OFF the 12v battery, so if its low to begin with the usage of the ancilliaries may compound the issue...

Is that the KARR alarm? I did not pay for it it and I would really like to remove it - just wish there was something describing how to do it safely remove it so I don't have to be guessing on ignition wires.

I figured that out pretty early on: Say Spanish street names like someone who has never so much as set foot in Taco Bell. Escondido and El Cajon and La Jolla... it's kind of fun.

More like Spanish to Japanese/Taiwan/Chinese to English translations........

Edited by jpd80

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that's true. But it's always good to stock up on those back issues of Consumer Reports as toilet paper in case of a zombie apocalypse.

news flash...it has now been assertained that they are NOT in fact Zombies at all...they are actually merely just adamant Tesla advocates.....

Edited by Deanh

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the categories on Fords are rated above or well above average in reliability. The only consistent category rated below average is "Audio System"

From that one category CR then rates the whole car as unreliable. A bogus conclusion.

Most anyone reading the scores consumers will instantly see this and question the conclusion of CR.

They will rightfully discount the overall score as meaningless since most people's definition of a reliabile car is something totally different.

I'm shocked that they didn't list the DCT Ford Focus on that list....

That's because most of the problems with the DCT were software related and fixed, which the MFT will eventually catch up. Very few transmissions were mechanically defective although some were like I believe Blackhorse's was as the dealer seemed to not be able to fix it.

I'm shocked that they didn't list the DCT Ford Focus on that list....

Here's a clue, it's been fixed by successive software upgrades and is not an issue with consumers anymore....

After all, CR gets its data for defect scoring vehicles from user complaints and if those complaints have eased off....

Edited by jpd80