New Info on the 2015 Ford Transit

According to the 2014 Ford Fleet Guide found here, the horsepower/torque on the 3.7. 3.5EB and 3.2PS will be 266/249, 320/400 & 190/346 respectively. Seems kind of low to me. The transmission will a 6 speed auto w/OD. It also lists leather as an option and a "Heavy Duty Trailer Tow Package" listed among the many packages available. I saved a copy of it in case Ford pulls it from their website.

Possibly because of issues with the Transit, they're going to run a 2014 E150, because they can't manufacture 2013s after Dec. 31.

Could one of the issues be that Ford is considering bringing in the FWD Transit Full Size to be a direct competitor to the RAM Promaster...I am thinking if that were the case, they could import them to KC partially assembled and finish them there to avoid the dreaded "chicken tax"...

I think it is more to do with the launch of an all new vehicle......and all new stamping facility, with an all new press, with all new dies. All new everthing is having some growing pains. I do know for a fact that balance out for the e- series is scheduled for end of june/early july. But even that isnt set in stone. I don't know if the different van models will balance out at different times?

The "issues" may be that the E-Series is still selling very well.

And so did Crown Victoria PI and Rangers when the "end of the line" was announced. Both of those vehicles experienced a "bounce" in sales near the end. Now, Ford is selling D3 based Police Sedan Interceptors and Utility Interceptors(Taurus and Explorer) at a respectable pace while a significant number of Ranger buyers have gone for light duty F-150s and Transit Connect for their service vehicle needs.

Fact is, E-Series in the half ton and three quarter ton market has been trailing off for years. Sprinter under her many marques have been making some serious inroads into E-Series sales supremacy for several years and now Fiat will further chip away at those sales with RAM Promaster. However, those buyers will <ahem> transition into Transit as the time goes on...

It is time for E-Series in her current incarnation (separate body on open "C" channel frame, twin-I-beam front suspension) to head into the history books. She served Ford well, but her time has passed and it is now "Transit Time"....

And so did Crown Victoria PI and Rangers when the "end of the line" was announced. Both of those vehicles experienced a "bounce" in sales near the end. Now, Ford is selling D3 based Police Sedan Interceptors and Utility Interceptors(Taurus and Explorer) at a respectable pace while a significant number of Ranger buyers have gone for light duty F-150s and Transit Connect for their service vehicle needs.

Fact is, E-Series in the half ton and three quarter ton market has been trailing off for years. Sprinter under her many marques have been making some serious inroads into E-Series sales supremacy for several years and now Fiat will further chip away at those sales with RAM Promaster. However, those buyers will <ahem> transition into Transit as the time goes on...

It is time for E-Series in her current incarnation (separate body on open "C" channel frame, twin-I-beam front suspension) to head into the history books. She served Ford well, but her time has passed and it is now "Transit Time"....

What I meant was, with the E-Series still selling well, there's no reason to rush the Transit to market until everything is 100% right.

• Like 1