'15 Sonata with 1.6L Turbo and 7Speed DCT

ANTAUS

I'm wondering if VW even sells a dry-clutch DSG here.

Also, in researching that, I learned something. Even though they call theirs dry-clutch, it's relative. It still requires about 2 qt of fluid.

VW's Dry Dual Clutch is known as DQ200, and has landed in North America in the Jetta Hybrid, and its has been recalled already "Campaign 34F6".

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM447515/RCMN-13V568-9034.pdf

Globally this gearbox is found in mk5 & mk6 Jetta, mk5 & 6 & 7 Golf, Touran, Polo, Passat, Audi A1, A3, Skoda Octavia, Skoda Superb, Seat Leon and more.

The DQ250 6 speed is the wet dual clutch tranny in the Golf GTi and whatever else VW USA vehicles this tranny has been offered in.

Which type of CVT is in the current model Altima vs the Accord? I test drove both back-to-back today; the Nissan at certain speeds felt like the gearing was shifting around constantly, whereas the Honda felt much smoother. (Both cars were decent, but I'm going with the 2.0 Fusion :) )

Somehow i see "recall" or "unreliable" written on this Eco model. Too many things to go wrong with turbos and DCT, should had gone with a stop / sart, a special tuned n/a 2.0 and cvt.

I think the "turbos cause problems" thing is completely outdated at this point. It's not new technology.

I partly agree with you about the transmission, though only because it's a dry-clutch design. I wouldn't wish a CVT on anybody, however...

The 3.5L EB has been out how long? Almost five years. Has anyone heard of any turbo failures or engine failures? I haven't. Not a single one.

A turbo failure here and there and a few hiccups with plumbing on the F-150 forums, but nothing to say they are having problems.

• 2 weeks later...

The 3.5L EB has been out how long? Almost five years. Has anyone heard of any turbo failures or engine failures? I haven't. Not a single one.

Very isolated failures....I think even with cars that have been "chipped", I've seen maybe 1-2 engine failures on the net...and thats going back to 2010. The one I saw that did fail was running a methane kit and I'm willing to bet that failed and caused the failure, not the engine itself.