Lincoln hires Matthew McConaughey as spokesperson for coming MKC ads

I know it's an ad and all, but wouldn't you just drive around the bull and continue on you way? lol That's what we do when we have to drive through open range in Western SD. We still have a few county gravel roads with open grazing and cattle guards in certain areas.

Edited by 2005Explorer

I dunno. Not a lot of longhorn bulls out here. I'd be more inclined to treat them the way you'd treat buffalo at Custer State Park: "Do what you want, buddy. I'm not in a rush."

That's one advantage of an SUV as long as it's not too steep or muddy just take the ditch. :) Yeah you don't want to mess with the buffalo even though every so often you see someone get out and try to get close for a picture... That is a bad idea... Especially if it's a cow with a calf!

I can tell you guys aren't women. :)

Matthew is an attractive actor with a great Southern drawl and dimples. Women go ga ga over him. If they see him in a commercial, they will pay attention. Since a CUV like the MKC is often bought or driven by a woman, it is smart advertising and women are going to remember it.

In other words, they are directing the ad at their intended audience.

Silly men. Oh, and of course he has to go the long way................... the MKC is so enjoyable to drive, why would you not??

I may be a tomboy, but I know how women think.

Remember when they parodied the old Ford diamond cutting ad with the Rabbi performing the circumcision?

https://screen.yahoo.com/royal-deluxe-ii-000000400.html

Remember it?

We already talked about it!

The commercials featured watch makers and jewelers performing various delicate operations in the back seat of a mid-1970s Mercury Grand Marquis.

The last really memorable Lincoln commercials before this latest batch were titled "The Valet" and ran in the mid-1980s. They feature valets and wealthy people confusing the downsized, front-wheel-drive Cadillacs with an Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight or a Buick Electra. Amidst the confusion, a well-dressed couple comes forward and tells the valet, "The Lincoln Town Car, please." Since nothing else looked like a Town Car by that time, he knows exactly which car is their car.

These commercials were devastatingly effective and really drove home the point about GM's "lookalike" luxury cars. If I recall correctly, Ford stopped running the commercials because Roger Smith himself called Ford leadership and asked them to stop running those ads. Lincoln Town Car sales were booming by 1985-86, while the Cadillacs, Oldsmobiles and Buicks were meeting stiff customer resistance. These ads were the equivalent of rubbing salt into GM's wounds.

Edited by RichardJensen

SNL ran 3 parody ads of the McConaughey MKC ad last night. Jim Carrey was the guest host and did a funny McConaughey. The "ads" ran the MKC tagline and website. A sincere form of flattery and exposure to an audience that probably doesn't think much about Lincoln.

The last two are pretty funny.

• 1 month later...

I really liked "Diner". That commercial evoked a lot of feelings with having very little dialogue. You could almost feel the coolness in the air after the rain ended. Very effective.

The second one, for the hybrid was horrible. It's like they wrote it with the sole purpose of it being parodied again. Lots of words, little being said.

I really liked "Diner". That commercial evoked a lot of feelings with having very little dialogue. You could almost feel the coolness in the air after the rain ended. Very effective.

The second one, for the hybrid was horrible. It's like they wrote it with the sole purpose of it being parodied again. Lots of words, little being said.

What color is the car in the Diner commercial? It looks like liquid silver.

The hybrid commercial was ok. I think viewers would be disappointed if it was just a normal commercial.