2015 Mustang Reviews?

Too many Varsity chili dogs, onion rings and FOs?

(guess what I had for lunch..... :) )

lol, me, I dont eat junk food often at all, but when I do its GO time,...today 3 Filet Of Fish with a medium frie....wonder why I feel like crap right now?. Anyways, anyone else unable to open up the comment section on Autoblogs Mustang thread?...wont open for me , and theres always mudslingin on a Mustang thread....

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

Too many Varsity chili dogs, onion rings and FOs?

(guess what I had for lunch..... :) )

Never! I ate my vegetables like a good boy! :hysterical:

Side note: I've been here for 4 years and haven't stopped at Varsity yet. I need to fix that soon.

lol, me, I dont eat junk food often at all, but when I do its GO time,...today 3 Filet Of Fish with a medium frie....wonder why I feel like crap right now?. Anyways, anyone else unable to open up the comment section on Autoblogs Mustang thread?...wont open for me , and theres always mudslingin on a Mustang thread....

I last saw it at 36 comments or so (some hours ago). There was definitely mud being slung by the village idiots.

Never! I ate my vegetables like a good boy! :hysterical:

Side note: I've been here for 4 years and haven't stopped at Varsity yet. I need to fix that soon.

I last saw it at 36 comments or so (some hours ago). There was definitely mud being slung by the village idiots.

always is....moreso on Mustang threads than Camaro interestingly enough.....Im guessing the Camaro boys STILL feel a tad inadequate...moreso now...

I worked out by the mall so the Varsity was on the way between school and work every day at lunch time. My car would just automatically stop there whether I wanted to or not. :)

Seriously - you have to go at least once. Chili dogs are legendary but the chili steaks are one of a kind (hamburger with hot dog chili). Best onion rings on the planet and the FO (frosted orange milkshake) is fantastic too. I would say it tastes like baby aspirin but you're too young to remember those.

Just make sure you know what you want before you get within sight of the counter, and order using the right lingo (it's not a plain hot dog to go, it's "walk me a naked dog"). :)

I worked out by the mall so the Varsity was on the way between school and work every day at lunch time. My car would just automatically stop there whether I wanted to or not. :)

Seriously - you have to go at least once. Chili dogs are legendary but the chili steaks are one of a kind (hamburger with hot dog chili). Best onion rings on the planet and the FO (frosted orange milkshake) is fantastic too. I would say it tastes like baby aspirin but you're too young to remember those.

Just make sure you know what you want before you get within sight of the counter, and order using the right lingo (it's not a plain hot dog to go, it's "walk me a naked dog"). :)

I already know what I'm gonna get whenever I go. Two red dogs. :)

Hey, since you're out toward Atlanta, you've probably gone to the original store in Midtown. I presume, anyway.

I already know what I'm gonna get whenever I go. Two red dogs. :)

Hey, since you're out toward Atlanta, you've probably gone to the original store in Midtown. I presume, anyway.

Many many times. But I work in Alpharetta and they built one about 7 minutes away so now I go whenever I want.

It's quite a spectacle when there is a game at GA Tech and people are lined up 20 deep at 15 registers.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/09/19/2015-ford-mustang-gt-first-drive-review-video/

Best quote: "We could say so much more, but this is what you need to know: it's not a new chapter in Mustang history, it's a new book, and you don't need to spend GT500 money or throw a bunch of upgrades at it to get a 'Stang that handles like a proper performance car."

http://jalopnik.com/we-drove-the-2015-ford-mustang-its-still-best-with-a-v-1636142850

That kind of breadth makes the Mustang the muscle car – and yes, occasional sports car – of the people. It's a food court on wheels, with a flavor for everyone, set to grow even further as the hotter variants arrive and it heads to Europe. With that democratization of style and substance, Ford manages (again) to make the Mustang all things to all people, without bastardizing the most important nameplate in its stable.

Edited by Hugh

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost-automatic-test-review

Thus, the Mustang EcoBoost isn’t as much about efficiency as it is about refinement and technology (and, we guess, the potential for efficiency if you drive cautiously). That makes it somewhat un-Mustang-like. It certainly doesn’t sound like a Mustang, and it is far more reserved and civilized than any Mustang you’ve driven in your life. It’s more like an American Audi A5 than a pony car. Alas, if only it were lighter. There’s no doubt, though, that a certain Audi-ness was what Ford—who will sell this car in Europe and around the world—was going for.

• Like 1

If the Mustang sold for A5 money, they could afford exotic materials to cut more weight. As it is, I wouldn't be surprised to see more aluminium and what-not involved as this 'Stang generation continues.

The GT-350R might "add lightness' to the horsepower equation, and terrify a Z28 or three in the process.

I just did a comparison:

according to Car and Driver, the previous Mustang GT did 0-60 in 4.6 seconds, and the quarter mile in 13.2...

...whereas C/D tested the 2015 Mustang GT at 4.5 seconds and 13.0, respectively...

...so yes, despite the added heft, it actually got a bit quicker, as proven by tests done by the same publication.

Edited by ZanatWork

I just did a comparison:

according to Car and Driver, the previous Mustang GT did 0-60 in 4.6 seconds, and the quarter mile in 13.2...

...whereas C/D tested the 2015 Mustang GT at 4.5 seconds and 13.0, respectively...

...so yes, despite the added heft, it actually got a bit quicker, as proven by tests done by the same publication.

But what about testing area (altitude), track condition, etc, etc....IMO its not worth getting your panties into a bunch over .02 a second difference, because of all the different variables that come into effect. Unless someone brings a 2014 GT off the lot and compares it with the 2015 given to the press at the same track with the same driver(s), you'll never get a straight fair answer.

UK - Mustang Review......3 stars out of 5......

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/mustang/88696/new-ford-mustang-2015-review

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/ford/mustang/2015-ford-mustang-review/1313913

Both articles seem to make reference to the use of some cheap plastics and flimsey build quaility, surely this should be a thing of the past?

Edited by geronimo183

Both articles seem to make reference to the use of some cheap plastics and flimsey build quaility, surely this should be a thing of the past?

Also don't discount personal preference...I wasn't impressed at all with the Lincoln MKT interior...yet its one of the most raved about interiors in a luxury car by magazines.