'15 Focus First-Drive

And how do you know the 1 liter EB is too small? Did you drive it? Why don't you let it hit a dealer lot before you judge.

No, I read the article. And I stayed a Motel 6 last night.

110hp in my 2000 a Focus. Plenty of power. Can't wait to try the 1.0 EB. Might just replace my '08 with a 2017 1.0 manual tans. I should have 200k+ by then.

That's fine, I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself with to much power there.

Some people think a 435 hp mustang is underpowered.

Yup they sure do.

It's one thing to say you would personally like more power. It's another thing entirely when you say the 1.0L EB is not sufficient for a car that size. You can't just say stuff like that and put "JMHO" at the end and call it an opinion.

Yes I can. LOL

Edited by coupe3w

^ thumb.gif, ^^ thumb.gif, ^^^ thumb.gif, ^^^^thumb.gif

becareful Coupe3w, akirby is a twin

:hysterical:

I am being careful. If I wasn't, I could say a lot more and probably get kicked off. I just don't like to have to tip toe around because this is a Ford site. I think that we should be able to speak freely and give our opinions with out being bashed for it. Ford needs to know how the consumer really feels about their products in order to improve them. JMHO of course.

I think that we should be able to speak freely and give our opinions with out being bashed for it.

Nobody has been kicked off or censored for speaking their opinions.

But when your opinions don't agree with facts or most other people's opinions then you're going to get called out on it.

Calling an optional engine that is clearly intended for max fuel economy "underpowered" is as silly as flaming a Shelby GT mustang because it doesn't get 40 mpg. Especially when performance exceeds what used to be standard hp for a car that size.

Pioneer says it's good for what he would want. And that's fine.

Putting, on average, about 27k miles a year on a car, I want three basic things in a car. It must be made in the USA, a manual transmission for reliability, and the best mileage possible. The Focus 1.0 6sp fits all three. I'm not out to drag race between stop lights. The only thing I want to pass are the gas stations.

• Like 1

Ergonomically, having the door lock switch on the door would be wonderful. I've had my Focus for over a year and still can't get used to having the lock button on the dash. Can anyone say what the buttons are to the left of the shifter? Looks like electric parking brake, maybe traction control (?), and one other thing?

The 1.0EB is a good alternative, since its torque amount and peak makes it more peppy in city driving. Not worth it for the 1 extra G, "JMHO". The amazing 2.7TT EB is $495 over the base F150 3.5. + 45hp and 100lb-tq; deal of the century!

How quickly with the 1.0EB pay itself back when it comes to fuel savings?

Compairing to the F-150 2.7L EB isn't fair either since there is a bit more margin built into a F-150 vs Focus.