New Edge - When will it Arrive on Lots?

Steveottawa

New Edge sees production start apparently towards the end of this month, we expect deliveries mid March. No news on Explorer yet, 2015 Explorers haven't even hit build out yet

Last I saw Job 1 on Explorers was early May with the Platinum in late availability so in dealers probably late June. MKX will probably be later in 2015 as a 2016 to go with the 2016MY switch over at Oakville. Edge Job 1 is a week from Monday. Fusion/MKZ Job 1 is early April.

Edited by jasonj80

2015 EDGE... Job #1 Date is 0119/2015. Expect a shipping release about 6 weeks later meaning arrival at dealerships in mid-March.

2016 EXPLORER

• 02/02/2015 - 2016 Explorer Order Bank Opens
  • 03/12/2015 - 2016 Explorer Scheduling Begins
  • 05/04/2015 - 2016 Explorer Job #1 Date

2016 EXPLORER... Expect a shipping release about 6 weeks after the Job #1 Date meaning arrival at dealerships mid-to-late June or early July

2016 LINCOLN MKX (Just announced!)

• 02/09/2015 - 2016 Lincoln MKX Order Bank Opens
  • 03/12/2015 - 2016 Lincoln MKX Scheduling Begins
  • 04/27/2015 - 2016 Lincoln MKX Job #1 Date

2016 LINCOLN MKX... Expect the shipping release about 6 weeks after the Job #1 Date meaning arrival at dealerships about late June or early July

FYI... As has been Ford's practice for many years now, the first 4-6 weeks of production for each model year is held at the plant for additional quality inspection. Not until there are 5 consecutive days of zero defects will Ford issue the initial shipping release. On or about the same time as the initial shipping release, Ford issues the "OK to BUY" status which indicates the OK to start scheduling customer retail orders.

I wouldn't expect any information on the 2016 Edge for at least 6 months considering that the 2015 Edge hasn't even gone into production yet. Even so, I'd expect that the 2016MY Edge will be mostly a carryover model.

saw elsewhere:

Here are some important dates on the new MKX. The Job 1 on the Edge is 1/19/2015 btw.

This will put the new MKX around a June/July date.

02/09/2015 - 2016 Lincoln MKX Order Bank Opens

03/12/2015 - 2016 Lincoln MKX Scheduling Begins

04/27/2015 - 2016 Lincoln MKX Job #1 Date

I know I am getting off subject, but have we heard/confirmed if the Escape will get its MCE this year(2016 MY)? If so any debut timing and job1 dates?

Recent timing of MCE for other models would indicate that yes, Escape will have its turn along with the fusion (which is all but confirmed) for MY2016. I would imagine it would debut in (IMO most likely) NYC, Chicago or, (least likely) Paris