2015 Focus RS to be shown Febuary 3rd

I assume the Subaru WRX STi is considered something that will be cross shopped against the RS. It has offered 305hp since 2008 and magazines typically record 0-60 times under 5.0. I would hope the RS would be able to do at least that well or better. In my mind the RS would be edgier and more performance focused than the STi.

The previous Focus RS had 305 hp and FWD... but the limited production RS500 had 350hp and FWD.

So just a guess... the new one will have 350hp and if Ford decides to do another RS500, it will need more power. Hence the reason they probably decided to go with 4WD this time around :wub:

Or maybe Ford is trolling us and the video was all CGI and the car is still FWD.

2cents....RS will be 2.3 eco...RS500 if it ever sees light of day 2.7...............

Maybe the next Focus for the 2.7? Could fit be a problem with the current one?

IMHO, a 2.7 RS could conquest a lot of turbo Audi people. As it is, a 300 hp A3 S Quattro starts at $41K. :)

Maybe the next Focus for the 2.7? Could fit be a problem with the current one?

IMHO, a 2.7 RS could conquest a lot of turbo Audi people. As it is, a 300 hp A3 S Quattro starts at $41K. :)

Next RS maybe. I don't see them putting an engine that large in a high volume subcompact. Even the eventual lincoln subcompact won't get an engine that large

A 400hp RS500 would be amazing

Would would be even more awesome (though HIGHLY unlikely. Or not gonna happen) would be to shove the EB3.5 V-6 in there and crank it up to 400+ (hell, go for broke and hit 450)

VW is making the Golf R400 so you know those Ford Europe guys in Cologne... they are probably already giddy over the thought of beating the Wolfsburg guys with the next RS500.

I wonder what the pricing is going to be like...IIRC a ST3 tops out at 33K or so? So I'm assuming an RS will top out at 40K

I priced out a '15 ST3 fully loaded, its just over 30K.

RS starting there and topping out at 35-38K? just a guess

Golf R starts at $36,595; and $39,090 with navigation and sunroof.

WRX STi starts at $34,495; and $39,995 with navigation and sunroof.

Lancer EVO starts at $34,495; and $44,180 with navigation and sunroof.

So... Focus RS will probably start at $35k and top out at $41k.

Wow they want that much money for that POS loaded?

I would hardly call it a POS but the fully loaded EVO MR has a lot more content, BBS wheels, and 6 speed DCT vs. the base EVO GSR which has 5 speed manual and non-BBS wheels.

Is it worth $4,000 more than WRX STI or Golf R? I guess that depends on if you like the driving experience... EVO is far more hardcore and raw than the other cars in this class.