F150 inventory

For the first time ever buying Ford vehicles, have I ran into not being able to dealer trade for what I want. I understand it's supply and demand, but it is a little shocking. I'm trying to find a 15 platiumn f150 701A, tuxedo black, black interior, fx4, 3.5 Eco, 36 gal tank. Found a few but none will let them go. I guess I will have to order one. The time frame is 6-8 weeks? This is for my father and I want him to get exactly what he wants. I'm just surprised how much in demand the most expensive F150 is.

Edited by fordtech1

An acquaintance has been looking for a new F150 supercab. He said that the dealers weren't really coming down on the sale price of the 2014s, much less the '15s.

He did say that most dealer stock is the supercrew, so that could be the reason, or maybe he's just looking for something unusual.

Speaking of inventory, no 2014 Focus Ti's, no 2015's on the lot, B&P is not even up here in winterland! :P

2015 F-150's? Yep they are here but only hi-trim models, No work trucks yet. Oh, I saw my first Transit in real life, Hi-roof and long van. It's huge!

An acquaintance has been looking for a new F150 supercab. He said that the dealers weren't really coming down on the sale price of the 2014s, much less the '15s.

I've been surprised at how well the F150s are holding their value--according to KBB, my '13 has lost about $3K from what I pad for it in June, '13 (about $10K from "sticker").

Also, I just received a throw-away mailer, presumably from the regional Ford dealer's association, and the only offer it had on the '14 F-150 was 0%/60months and/or $1500 "trade assistance." Somehow, I don't think they're having any trouble moving them.

At the moment official figures for march1 Inventory had
F Series ~184,000
Silverado ~174,000
Sierra ~60,000

On September 1, 2014, combined F series Inventory was 271,000 so that has dropped
by ~90,000 in the past five months, equivalent to only one F150 plant supplying demand.

Monthly production of '15 f150 started with 3K in November folowed by 16K, 26k and 26K +3K
up to march 1, I suspect production this month would be closer to 26K + 16K and that the
sell down of '14 F150 would see the inventory levels of '15 F150 replacing the former model.

Sales of '15 F150 should have increased in March possibly up to 50/50 with '14 models,
not long until we find out how Ford has faired this month but suspect F150 supply is still
very limited....both plant will need to run faultlessly this summer to stay in front of demand.