Ford Australia - New Aggressive advertising

Make sense to target the market leader when you are an insurgent brand.

Ranger is Ford's #1 seller in Australia but still only does about 65% of Hilux's volume. Ranger did outsell Hilux in New Zealand last year... not sure how the kiwis running Ford over there managed that but quite an accomplishment :hi5:

Make sense to target the market leader when you are an insurgent brand.

Ranger is Ford's #1 seller in Australia but still only does about 65% of Hilux's volume. Ranger did outsell Hilux in New Zealand last year... not sure how the kiwis running Ford over there managed that but quite an accomplishment :hi5:

This is really Ford coming out of its shell finally and going after customer perceptions that Toyota are the benchmark.

What a refreshing change to see some confidence returning and better supplies of product wil help.

Ford is now telling us that Mondeo was heavily restricted in the past but with the switch to Valencia,

getting more Mondeos in the correct product mix may see a nice jump in those sales.

This is really Ford coming out of its shell finally and going after customer perceptions that Toyota are the benchmark.

What a refreshing change to see some confidence returning and better supplies of product wil help.

Ford is now telling us that Mondeo was heavily restricted in the past but with the switch to Valencia,

getting more Mondeos in the correct product mix may see a nice jump in those sales.

I'm surprised Ford Australia is sticking with Valencia for the new Mondeo rather than taking advantage of US-AUS FTA and sourcing them from the US. I guess wagon availability plays a key factor here? But it's not like Camry is available in a wagon...

Utilities are the growth segments there in Australia, and this is an area that Ford has lots of product depth. Ford Australia sales has been falling 15 years in a row... will 2015 be the year the trend line reverses? Everest, Edge, and Explorer will provide Ford Australia with a strong suite of SUVs to complement EcoSport and Kuga.

I'm surprised Ford Australia is sticking with Valencia for the new Mondeo rather than taking advantage of US-AUS FTA and sourcing them from the US. I guess wagon availability plays a key factor here? But it's not like Camry is available in a wagon...

Utilities are the growth segments there in Australia, and this is an area that Ford has lots of product depth. Ford Australia sales has been falling 15 years in a row... will 2015 be the year the trend line reverses? Everest, Edge, and Explorer will provide Ford Australia with a strong suite of SUVs to complement EcoSport and Kuga.

Historically,

- 75% of Aussie Mondeo sales have been diesel and in very restricted supply - something Valencia should solve

- Mondeo is already engineered for RHD and in fact supplies all RHD countries in Australia Asia Pacific region.

- Mondeo sedan has very little sales traction, 5-door hatchback is 75% of sales, while wagon is attractive to commercial sales.

I duno fellas, recently Mondeo sales have been around 400/mth but Ford now calims that it has been supplied restricted and will do

much better with switch to Valencia. Falcon is on borrowed time, making mostly XR6 turbos and XR8s for anyone who wants them.

Ford denies Mondeo is Falcon replacement but will take any sales bleed that is there.

Looking forward to getting Edge and Everest, those two vehicles should fill the showroom nicely and allow

Ford to retire by Territory September next year when production is expected to end.

The best prospects for Ford in Australia is to go after Toyota, something it has avoided doing for the last decade

so high time to take good product to the competition, the trick here is sufficient inventory and correct product mix

to cover the customer base - something that still escapes FoA because their buyer audience is changing so much.

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure every Fusion built in both Mexico and Flat Rock is strictly for the North American market

Mexico sends Fusion to South America. Flat Rock send them to Middle East and a handful of other places. But for sure all LHD markets.

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

Thank you for clarifying, I didn't know that. I thought Europe at least handled production for the Middle East

US vehicle exports enjoy some tariff preference in GCC Countries (which represents the vast majority of sales in the Middle East region) so it makes sense for Ford to source Fusion from the US instead of Europe. Also the majority of the Ford vehicles sold in GCC Countries are SUVs... so again, much easier to coordinate shipping logistic etc. if they get Fusion from US ports as well.