MAP C-crew getting canned?

fuzzymoomoo

That's good that it works for you but for some it may not. Now I not trying to be rude or a smart ass, but please explain something to me. If you have 30 or more years or can retire why don't you (not you personally but in general). Why come to work for $2.00 an hour or less. It doesn't make any sense to me. And on top of it jump to another plant. Why?

Just because someone has 30 years doesn't mean they can retire. There's a lot of guys working for a lot of different reasons. If you hired in when you were 18 I highly doubt you're going to retire at 30 years when you're 48 years old. 48 is a very young age to retire, try living on a fixed income at that young of an age and you'll pretty much not have a life because you can't afford to do anything

• Like 1

Just because someone has 30 years doesn't mean they can retire. There's a lot of guys working for a lot of different reasons. If you hired in when you were 18 I highly doubt you're going to retire at 30 years when you're 48 years old. 48 is a very young age to retire, try living on a fixed income at that young of an age and you'll pretty much not have a life because you can't afford to do anything

If you have been working at FMC since you were 18yrs old and have 30 years in you shouldn't have a house payment and possibly no car payment. Without a house payment you could very easily live on a fixed income.

Ask guys that work 4crew most like it a lot! If I work 5/8s with 0 ot I work 260days a yr & make roughly 60k 4crew u work 182days a yr at 0 ot u make roughly 71k a yr so 78 less days of work for 11k more!! Granted them r 12hr days not 8 but u saving a lot a wear n tear on ur vehicle also!

Uh, no one works 5 days 8 hours anymore. The line runs 10.5 whenever they can. And you have to work however long the line runs. Most guys at Livonia hate 4 crew. You miss a lot of family events because you are forced to work every other weekend.

I threw tires and rims for a couple years , I have swung large spot welders that you can't hardly lift all day, Working with hands is no biggy. I would rather use my hands than my back. And I am NOT worried about being laid off. Livonia doesn't have so many people with 30 years that it would ever effect me. And if it does...NO BIG DEAL. Been laid off before, I just do a little more side work.

As for 4 crew It is what it is. I have worked 12 hour days before, and it won't bother me to do it again. Saving 20 miles a day, and not breaking my back, is worth it. And it will be even more worth it when your little 20-25 years gets laid off BEFORE ME!

Yet a shitload of Rawsonville and Sterling people are coming, with more time than you. Im guessing 500-600 more people coming that will all have 25-30 years seniority.

Ever hear of Divorce? How about kids in Collage, Or helping a family member that's having medical problems? You obviously don't know shit about life in general to even think that everyone should be in the same boat, or that everyone should be able to do what you HOPE to do. And face fact...it is something you HOPE to do, because as life goes on, things happen that you simply don't have control over, and when life slaps you in the face, I want to see YOU retire at 30 years and under 50 in age. And never work again, anywhere

Edited by trailfndr

Ever hear of Divorce? How about kids in Collage, Or helping a family member that's having medical problems? You obviously don't know shit about life in general to even think that everyone should be in the same boat, or that everyone should be able to do what you HOPE to do. And face fact...it is something you HOPE to do, because as life goes on, things happen that you simply don't have control over, and when life slaps you in the face, I want to see YOU retire at 30 years and under 50 in age. And never work again, anywhere

If your house payment was a 1000 a month and you only made minimum payments,you will have paid a total of $360,000. So in 30years your house should be paid of easily. Now with years of profit sharing

and working ot, banking some of that there's part of your college tuition. Health issues? We all have BC/BS. So unless you're living beyond your means, 30 years you should be able to retire

I WILL SAY IT ONE MORE TIME IN A WAY THAT EVEN AN IDIOT CAN UNDERSTAND.

DIVORCE EX got the house that was paid off. I had to start over and I STILL have a house payment with my current wife.

As for medical, YES I* have good Insurance, However, my 28 year old daughter has crappy coverage, and I HELP her with her medical bills. IS THAT clear enough for you!

As I said. LIFE HAPPENS, and when it happens to you...it will knock you back on your ass cause you are too stupid to understand that things happen that are beyond your control

And I do not live beyond my means. I don't need toys, I make extra house payments whenever possible, and I have no car payments. BUT, I will NOT retire simply because some young PUNK thinks that I should when he knows nothing about me, or my situation

Edited by trailfndr
  • Like 3

If you have your 30 and are young...you get penalized if you retire without the 85 points under the Ford system. Must have age and years of service add up to 85. So someone starting at 18, has 30 years at 48 years and can't retire due to the points, as they only have 78 points. he will need a few more years

I don't think anyone is picking you or personally. But in general 30 to at the most 35 should be good for anyone.

Agree with you. And if you think about it, 30 years of profit checks estimating a take home of $5000 a year is another $150,000. And this isn't including any overtime you would have worked over the years. After 30 years if you planned it out right you won't have a car payment either. I'm not saying that you couldn't get an easy part time job somewhere at a place like Home Depot for some spending money. That part time job would be easier on your body then working in a plant. So to say that it's not possible to do 30 and out isn't true.

If we had gotten 5k a year in profit sharing, I MIGHT agree with you, but since those type of checks have only been seen the last 4 years....you need to get your facts straight, and your head out of your rectum. WHY would someone with a decent job retire to work for minimum wage at home freaking depot? You ARE as out of touch as the IUAW is. absolutely CLUELESS

Edited by trailfndr

If we had gotten 5k a year in profit sharing, I MIGHT agree with you, but since those type of checks have only been seen the last 4 years....you need to get your facts straight, and your head out of your rectum. WHY would someone with a decent job retire to work for minimum wage at home freaking depot? You ARE as out of touch as the IUAW is. absolutely CLUELESS

If you worked at Ford for 30 years....you should be a millionaire. If you're not you have blew a golden opportunity in the stock market.

Ok , it can be done

Must have age and years of service add up to 85. So someone starting at 18, has 30 years at 48 years and can't retire due to the points, as they only have 78 points.

That's not true you can retire at 48 with 78 points.

Edited by chuck734

Dude, quit acting like your situation is the norm. Is not.

I'm not going to get in a pissing contest with you over this. When the economy was booming back in the 90's your going to tell me you didn't receive bigger profit sharing checks then you have the past 4 years?? The economy hasn't been been nearly as good as it was back then, "maybe the reason you don't remember how good it was and I'll steal a quote from you "maybe you had your head in your rectum". What about all the over time you worked back then?? Let me guess "What oovertime, "we didn't work any ot" not has much as we have the past 4 years... Yes it's true I don't know YOUR situation but for most people after working 30 years you can be able to retire, it's all about budgeting your money correctly. So you can come up with all these excuses how it's not possible, but it happens every day. I know plenty of people who have. And btw, I never once insulted you on any of my posts unlike yourself who has. If my posts upset you don't be mad at me be mad at yourself for not being able to budget your money correctly. And your excuses for not being able to retire are like a$$holes, EVERYONE HAS GOT ONE!! Your also probably one of these Union members who shops at Wal-Mart and Sams Club and buys the Detroit Free Press too aren't you???

Thank you. The 90s were a time of huge profit sharing checks. More so than today because of inflation. Guys were also making 100,000 a year back then with OT, again after 20 years 100,000 isnt what it used to be is it. So this idiot must have either been high, drunk or not even worked for Ford to not remember the huge checks guys were getting.

There are a ton of guys that are eligible to collect social securty and their pension and are still working. Their average pay is less than 5 bucks an hour more than what they would receive if they retired. If you go to Home Depot and greet people for 10 you are MAKING MORE THAN YOU WOULD WORKING ON THE LINE. To explain this to these idiots is like teaching a monkey to drive a car. They dont get it. And thats why they are still working after 45 years.

Thank you. The 90s were a time of huge profit sharing checks. More so than today because of inflation. Guys were also making 100,000 a year back then with OT, again after 20 years 100,000 isnt what it used to be is it. So this idiot must have either been high, drunk or not even worked for Ford to not remember the huge checks guys were getting.

There are a ton of guys that are eligible to collect social securty and their pension and are still working. Their average pay is less than 5 bucks an hour more than what they would receive if they retired. If you go to Home Depot and greet people for 10 you are MAKING MORE THAN YOU WOULD WORKING ON THE LINE. To explain this to these idiots is like teaching a monkey to drive a car. They dont get it. And thats why they are still working after 45 years.

EXACTLY!! For him to suggest that the past 4 years were more profitable then the 90's when the economy was booming and everyone was making a ton of money, this guy is crazy...

Glad you have such great memories about profits during the 90's Although, your FACTS are off base. The only good years of the 90s were the last 3. The first 3, there were NO profit sharing checks, and the rest were all low, until 1997, 98, and 99.

Here are the facts..

1990,91,&92 $0 1993 $1350.00 1994 $4000 1995 $1700 1996 $1800 1997 $4400 1998 $6100 1999 $8000

And because many current employees worked for MAZDA until 1996, they received $0 until 1997

And YES, the last 4 years were more profitable for employees than any single year of the 90's except for 1998 But nice try...your memories are just a bit off.

Edited by trailfndr

Can we keep this thread about the upcoming MAP layoffs please, take the pissing contest to a different thread..

Agreed. Please stick to the current topic and again, knock off the unnecessary name calling. You can disagree with someone without calling them an a-hole.

What a bunch of a$$ holes, Thinking you have any right telling anyone when they should retire, screw you dick weeds, maybe a million isn't enough for my needs. hell im gonna stay 40 yrs just to screw your whinnie ass over.

Your missing out on fun things in life just to work to screw somebody over, they can have my job after 30 years !