ford to announce new diesel engines to be built in mexico.

I feel better about mine. Early build 2008 with original clutch. Brake rotors have only been changed once. 171k miles. In process of suspension rebuild.

Mine needs struts, strut mounts, rear shocks, tie rod ends and a full brake job. And tires by the start of winter. I'm never buying another set of Pirelli. Ever. Should have stuck with the Continentals.

Money well spent. Been paid off for over 3 years.

Mine needs struts, strut mounts, rear shocks, tie rod ends and a full brake job. And tires by the start of winter. I'm never buying another set of Pirelli. Ever. Should have stuck with the Continentals.

Money well spent. Been paid off for over 3 years.

I just did struts/mounts, rear shocks, front and rear seat bar links, and tie rod ends. Next (when I can afford it) is front control arms and then I'm gonna tackle the rear suspension more in depth. There's an incessant rattling ever since I did the shocks and mounts and I suspect it's the lateral links and control arms since the bushings are almost completely gone.

Unfortunately I still have at least 2 years to pay on it, but more likely 3. It's a long story. TL;DR version is it was a series of bad decisions on top of bad timing.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Probably, but it certainly doesn't appear that they're expanding the use of that transmission.

Not yet, like I mentioned a few months back the dry DCT isn't capable of being used in the volume segments with AWD and 160-200ft/lbs of torque.

Much like the previous ecpboost in the egde couldn't handle AWD while the new one can, the new 7 SPEED DCT can be used in the escape and fusion.

Agreed! The Pirellis I put on our Flex have been total crap! The Hankooks that came on it were much better. So much for getting what you pay for!

Continental Crosscontact LX20 Ecoplus.

Have them on our Flex and had them on our Escape. Fantastic tires. Quiet and they handle very well in the snow. I believe ours are 70k mile tires.

• Like 1

Continental Crosscontact LX20 Ecoplus.

Have them on our Flex and had them on our Escape. Fantastic tires. Quiet and they handle very well in the snow. I believe ours are 70k mile tires.

My Pirelli's are supposed to be 70k mile tires. Just crossed 40k and one is cupped terrible. And they were supposed to be "green" tires. My mileage went down with them.

Back to the Continental Extreme Contact DWS I go.

My Pirelli's are supposed to be 70k mile tires. Just crossed 40k and one is cupped terrible. And they were supposed to be "green" tires. My mileage went down with them.

Strangely enough, same thing here. Our mileage went down on our Flex as well, even though these Pirelli Scorpion Verde tires are supposed to be 'green' too. Our mileage may have gone down because the damn things don't hold air...

They probably are better mpg than other Pirelli tires but that doesn't mean they're better than other mfrs. I lost about 2 mpg going from the OEM michelins to BFG super sports on my 06 Fusion.

My Focus came with Kumo's. Lasted 40k. Put the Continentals on and gained 2-3 mpg and they lasted ~60k. I'll ride these Perelli's as long as I can stand the noise, then they're gone and going back to Conti.