Ford critic Donald Trump is investor in automaker

All of which is feeding on people's fears and insecurities.

Last month, Ford sold 225,647 vehicles and of those,

- around 30,000 Fusion/MKZ/Fiesta came from Mexico

- around 16,300 Edge/MKX/Flex/MKT came from Canada

If you want ot have the benefits of free trade agreements, some manufacturing has to go to partner countries.

I think Ford and the UAW did a great job in securing as much product as possible in the USA and if rumors

are true, Focus will join Fiesta in Mexico and make room for MAP to build something even more profitable.

That situation opens up the possibility of increases in profitability and future bonuses

What Mr Trump doesn't understand is that most stakeholders involved in the auto industry are savvy to

cost control and the potential opportunity for production of the right vehicles in the right locations.

What we don't need is shrill rhetoric and empty threats with no strategic commercial foundation

or any chance of becoming reality

Edited by jpd80

The UAW doesn't have a really big problem with cars built in Canada because of Unifor (what was formerly the CAW) despite what one dude said in another thread, there is no Union in Mexico for auto workers, at least in Ford plants.

The UAW would also have no problem with Ford consolidating truck production in the USA either.

Sustainability is important here and building low or no profit products in higher cost US plants

serves no one's purposes, Ford can't make good ROI and UAW misses out on profit bonuses.

Better to choose products that give good ATPs and let price sensitive products go to Mexico..

I think people are liking Trump because he says what is on his mind. It doesn't matter if it is dumb, or controversial, it isn't the censored, politically correct, can't offend anyone while offending everyone BS that all other politicians spew.

The best thing he has going for him is he isn't a politician. Love him or hate him, you gotta respect that he just puts it out there.

I like Rand Paul also. If Clinton gets elected I may be talking to my relatives in Canada. That wench already served 2 terms, and should be excluded (we all know who had the balls in the family).

• Like 3

You know, it's really sad when it comes to voting for the lesser of two evils, or voting to keep someone out instead of voting someone in.

Actually if more would have voted the lesser evil these last 2 elections there might still be a UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, not this cess pool we live in now. Thats whats sad.

Edited by niteeyes

The UAW doesn't have a really big problem with cars built in Canada because of Unifor (what was formerly the CAW) despite what one dude said in another thread, there is no Union in Mexico for auto workers, at least in Ford plants.

There is a union at Mexico's Ford plants.

https://books.google.com/books?id=3_SuPnrRl4AC&pg=PT111&lpg=PT111&dq=ford+union+hermosillo&source=bl&ots=DGQ1TIza0k&sig=e1E8DEIKhSbN2ptgBXC_6dUxNwk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CDIQ6AEwBTgKahUKEwjVxPSxs__GAhUDn4AKHU7QCMQ#v=onepage&q=ford%20union%20hermosillo&f=false

And in the past, it's been a much more active one than those at GM & Chrysler plants.

I don't know where it's at now, but AFAIK, Ford's employees at HMO are paid a middle-class living wage for that country, and the work conditions at the factory are nominally what they are in the rest of the US (I say 'nominally' because as we've seen at Chicago, what Ford expects per policy and what local plants get away with can be two very different things).

I think people are liking Trump because he says what is on his mind. It doesn't matter if it is dumb, or controversial, it isn't the censored, politically correct, can't offend anyone while offending everyone BS that all other politicians spew.

The best thing he has going for him is he isn't a politician. Love him or hate him, you gotta respect that he just puts it out there.

I like Rand Paul also. If Clinton gets elected I may be talking to my relatives in Canada. That wench already served 2 terms, and should be excluded (we all know who had the balls in the family).

I think he is a plant by Clinton to expose the turds in the clown car, How are they going to get 17 on a stage for a debate, pure comedy to follow...

• Like 1

If it's a choice between Trump and Clinton, Trump will get my vote.

The problem is that he splits the conservative vote, you will have Trump, Clinton and a Republican candidate.

Trump is the 21st century Ross Perot and will guarantee another Clinton as President.

You can almost hear the champagne corks popping over a Dem Central,

All Hillary has to do is shut up and let trump go to work on dividing the conservatives..

The problem is that he splits the conservative vote, you will have Trump, Clinton and a Republican candidate.

Trump is the 21st century Ross Perot and will guarantee another Clinton as President.

You can almost hear the champagne corks popping over a Dem Central,

All Hillary has to do is shut up and let trump go to work on dividing the conservatives..

That's probably the plan.