Ford Sync Update Adds Siri 'Eyes-Free'

Probably worth mentioning this is a MFT-only update. Those of us with poor-man's Sync aren't getting it.

Yep. I'm hoping they'll update Sync soon; since the last update, I've had this occasional problem where Sync won't respond to my voice (or pair with my phone) 'til I pull the damn fuse. And, of course, it didn't start doing it 'til after 36K miles...

• Like 1

Yep. I'm hoping they'll update Sync soon; since the last update, I've had this occasional problem where Sync won't respond to my voice (or pair with my phone) 'til I pull the damn fuse. And, of course, it didn't start doing it 'til after 36K miles...

I'd wrote in the "Wish List" forum of my desire for an OEM solution after Ford drops Sync support. Most of the aftermarket adapters (to replace the headunit) don't look very good.

It's probably still shocked that you bought a regular cab F150..........

• Like 1

So many fixes with this update and I've only had my 2013 MKZ for 8 months! The ambient lighting used to change back to white on its own from the color you selected. That's fixed! The text messaging on screen would disable on its own and only way to fix it was to re-pair your phone. That's fixed! Also, if you turned your phone on a few minutes after starting the car, the bluetooth would not automatically connect. Now it's much better about connecting under unusual circumstances without having to manually press connect on screen! Also, it used to freeze up more and have to perform "maintenance" almost monthly or bi-weekly!

Edited by hbalek

So many fixes with this update and I've only had my 2013 MKZ for 8 months! The ambient lighting used to change back to white on its own from the color you selected.

I keep forgetting I have that colored ambient lighting. I played with the color palette thingee once, lowered the brightness because it was annoying(to me) and forgot about it.

I keep forgetting I have that colored ambient lighting. I played with the color palette thingee once, lowered the brightness because it was annoying(to me) and forgot about it.

I messed with it once and never screwed around with it again...kinda of a waste...same with the dash on my Mustang

I messed with it once and never screwed around with it again...kinda of a waste...same with the dash on my Mustang

I have it in mine. I change it occasionally when I get bored of whatever color I have it on....but mine is also its own button, not buried in a menu in the screen (though it is buried in the center console haha).

• 2 weeks later...