F150 Might Have a Land Rover Turbo Diesel V6

I noticed you're from SoCal. I also noticed a very recent increase in gas prices at what I call my "reference" station from $2.75 to $2.89 for 87 octane. Right now, here in SoCal, diesel is cheaper than 87 octane.

Yep, I just noticed diesel going under $2/gallon in the LB port area. However if demand for heating oil ramps up, the price of diesel will probably rise. The special blend that goes in to CARB-spec unleaded gasoline help keep supplies tight and prices up. Good to see that may be changing. Diesel is taxed higher than gas in CA, but it's still sells for cheaper because the supply is not as restricted as gasoline.

The new Propel HPR renewable diesel (not a biodiesel, approved by OEMs) from Singapore available in CA seems to be doing well, it will be interesting if that technology is able to expand in to the US and help keep prices down.

The new Propel HPR renewable diesel (not a biodiesel, approved by OEMs) from Singapore available in CA seems to be doing well, it will be interesting if that technology is able to expand in to the US and help keep prices down.

Yeah, My brother and Father both fuel up at Shell (Carson & Studebaker) with Propel and have nothing but good to say about it. Hell, with almost double the cetane it's no wonder it's "magical" fuel. We only have so much cooking oil, so I don't see them putting too much heat on Dino-diesel. They will be profitable, but in the grand scheme it's not likely they are a major player.

Still can't believe you can't pump your own gas in NJ. For "safety" reasons.......

but I don't have to freeze my ass off nor get wet to pump my own gas and its almost 20 cents cheaper a gallon to boot.

I've lived in MD the past 4 years so yeah...I know both sides of the fence now. At least I can appreciate the capless fuel system on newer Fords :)

There was a young girl here in GA a few years ago from Jersey. Some guy found her in tears at the self service gas station and pumped her gas for her. Apparently she'd never had to do it before.

Until shortly before my father-in-law passed away, my mother-in-law had NEVER pumped gas before. Once full-service stations died off, he would take the car and fill it up for her if she needed to go somewhere. While undergoing cancer treatments, he decided it was time she learn so he taught her how (when she was 51). That was one of the simplest things she had to learn to do on her own, but it still took several trips until she could do it without help.

• Like 1

Hopefully there will be some relief soon Steve. As I mentioned, a huge plant (270,000 barrels/ day ;) ) will be starting their FCC back up on Dec 30th after an unplanned shutdown. It usually takes about 7-10 days to get back on spec and fully ramp'd up, but with Mobil still down until at least March we won't see low $2 unfortunately.

On a side note, did you guys see the proposal to add a $1/gallon gas tax while prices are low so we could help ease the debt.. unfucking believable.

Feel for us in Australia, we pay Asian TAPIS (OPEC) crude prices and then our governemnt hits us 38.5 cents excise

and then 10% Goods and Service Tax on top. So we currently pay $1.30/liter, there's 12 cents GST and 38.5 cents Excise ,

50 cents government tax on top of what should be 80 cents a liter plus GST or 88 cents a liter...

Whatever you do, resist a fuel tax, it's directly inflationary and affects everything that gets transported,

it will put all costs and wages through the roof.....and won't pay back the trillions needed.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

On a side note, did you guys see the proposal to add a $1/gallon gas tax while prices are low so we could help ease the debt.. unfucking believable.

How else can we address the subsidies given to drivers.

the Gas tax hasn't changed since 1992, the highway trust fund has been in the Red for 13 years.

road-pay-self-graph.JPG

Then there is Climate Change.

NA-CI258_CAPACC_9U_20151223113008.jpg